Clearance sale , some old sideshow figs , cheap.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dagnabbit!

Thanks for the replies; It sure sounds like you fellas have a better shot at getting your stuff than I do. I dropped them an e-mail, so hopefully I'll have my answer soon enough.

Weird. I just hope I didn't make some kind of stupid mistake on the forms, ya know? That would suck.

EDIT:

Now that's service! Got a response already and my order is safe and sound...

A.Boyd said:
Sorry if that was confusing but we had to slow down the flow on those orders to make sure we could fill them all correctly. Apparently the news of the sale made it to some sideshow collectors bulletin boards and we just got slammed with orders.

There's nothing I love more than a prompt response from an internet seller. These guys have just made a loyal customer out of me. Awesome.

Last edited:
I ordered pretty quick. What I ordered still shows in stock. Will see.

Hmmmm...

A. You, like Prog, are happy to hear it because it all but confirms that, unlike some sites out there, A. Boyd (let's be honest, not exactly the first name in interweb commerce) keeps solid track of what they have, and thus, aren't likely to oversell an item.

B. You're making fun of me for stating what you feel is "obvious".

C. You've been waiting for weeks to bust out the baby gif and, dammit, this fit the bill.

A & C :duff

I'm not worried--if I don't get one or two it wouldn't be the end of the world. Plus, my order for an OHMSS Bond went through--Boot's was in his cart, but then it wasn't available when he checked out. That would lead me to believe that they were well aware of how many they had.

My order status states "order is on permanent hold". Anyone get a hold of them to inquire what that means?

Order is on permanent hold for me also.

I got ahold of them. I inquired about the whole "permanent hold" thing and got a response within a half and hour (and this was after business hours)! Once again, this is what I was told...

A.Boyd said:
Sorry if that was confusing but we had to slow down the flow on those orders to make sure we could fill them all correctly. Apparently the news of the sale made it to some sideshow collectors bulletin boards and we just got slammed with orders.

The guy was really cool about it and assured me that our orders are just being held up so they can make sure everything is properly packed and shipped.

"order on permanent hold" = "no (immediate, at least) cause for alarm" :cool:

Last edited:
Well, mine is now on "Permanent Hold" too and I emailed them about it late last night and haven't heard back. :(

A Boyd renewed my confidence in my order. They contacted me aout being slammed with orders and verified that they would have the merchandise to fill the orders.

Hang in there Jedi. You may be pleasantly surprised.

A Boyd renewed my confidence in my order. They contacted me aout being slammed with orders and verified that they would have the merchandise to fill the orders.

Hang in there Jedi. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sounds good to me. :duff

I'm almost starting to feel bad for ol' Boyd. I'm sure he's getting hammered with e-mail upon e-mail about this "hold" thing.

I mean, sure, it means he's moving some merchandise, but still. Poor guy. I hope he's got a nice form letter set up so he can copy and paste his response! :cool:

Just got my invoice via email from A. Boyd with no problems. I bought my stuff on the 20th and was invoiced today on the 24th. Looks like I'm getting everything I ordered! :rock

I was just issued a refund of $15 so apparently I won't be getting one of my $15 figures afterall :( This would either be LAM or Vlad Tepes.

That's laaaaaaaame, Irish! :(

I got my invoice today too (and was feeling pretty good about it), but I guess we're not in the clear just yet. I guess it's time for me to cross those fingers after all.

Ya know, it's kinda funny. I think it's safe to assume that most of us ordered figures from Boyd that we never really cared enough to buy before, even though they've been readily available for years, yet here we are "worried" about whether or not we'll actually get them.

We truly are Sideshow Freaks.

...or maybe we're just cheap...

Either way. Kinda funny. :eek:

Back