Statue Classic Ultron on Throne or Great Ultron PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On man can you please post a pic showing it next to the Thanos statue with both full frame? That Bowen Thanos is one of my only statues and I was just wondering how the Ultron on throne would look next to it! There is an EX I can buy for retail price, debating whether to pull the trigger on this over Deadpool PF.

Hello there, your wish is my command. Personally I think they look great together, my 2 favourite marvel Villains.

So.... I bought deadpool PF on BBTS. Then I traded for the same Pf at my LCS the next day and cancelled my order at BBTS, leaving me with $360 in store credit.

I used it on their one new, Great Ultron PF. But... Now I'm in the same boat as the OP. I can keep that, or get the Throne comiquette. It's a bummer not to have the exclusive for either, since the extended arm on the PF and the vision head on the throne are both fantastic. I think the vision head is more of a deal breaker though when it comes to having the EX over the regular. The extended arm on the PF is really just a different look, but that vision head with the green color makes the throne statue pop in a way that the regular just doesn't with the single tone of all the silver.

Then again, that throne statue looks great next to the Thanos. Quick... Someone give me more money!

You're getting similar to a diorama with the comiquette plus the paint job on it is better than the PF IMO

I think I'm gonna go with the PF. I like the throne a lot but really want the EX version, so I'll wait and hope my WL converts. I may cancel the PF and get a Hot Toys '89 Joker and use the leftover credit on some stuff on my preorder list, but talking it over with the fiancé last night, the great ultron pf is going to look best in my collection. But hopefully one day I'll end up with both!

Wish they still had the colossus in stock. This wouldn't be a question if they did.

Just got my Great Ultron PF last night.

Don't know what all the whining is about, he's AWESOME!

I would prefer to have a regular ultron in PF scale just because I prefer his look to Great Ultron's, but still, this statue rules. Is the paint scheme simple? Sure, but it's clean and so damn imposing! Wish it was the EX but it still looks great. Very happy to have it.

Hello there, your wish is my command. Personally I think they look great together, my 2 favourite marvel Villains.

Nice pic GreenGiant! I have to ask though, does this piece mix in well with other Bowen pieces? He looks like he fits right in with the BD Thanos but since he's supposed to be in 1/5 scale I thought he would be much bigger than any BD pieces. I would give serious thought to picking this up if he could fit in with my BD Avengers display.

after seeing the little guy in his chair I would give a resounding vote for the PF in this situation..

Yeah, if you want to display him with SSC pieces I would go with the PF. However, the pic above with the BD Thanos makes it seem like it isn't even 1/5 scale either. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind picking up the Com for my BD Avengers display.

f2oggp.jpg

Wow, what a difference. No way the Com is 1/5 scale. The PF dwarfs the Com. Does anyone have pics of the Com next to a few Bowen pieces ( Cap, Hulk, Thor, Vision)? After seeing Greatwall's pics I'm really starting to think the Com would work in my BD collection. If anyone can post pics of BD statues with the Com, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Wow, what a difference. No way the Com is 1/5 scale. The PF dwarfs the Com. Does anyone have pics of the Com next to a few Bowen pieces ( Cap, Hulk, Thor, Vision)? After seeing Greatwall's pics I'm really starting to think the Com would work in my BD collection. If anyone can post pics of BD statues with the Com, I'd greatly appreciate it.

There's a pic somewhere of it next to one of the Thanos statues

There's a pic somewhere of it next to one of the Thanos statues

Yeah, I saw that one. That's what originally got me to think that the Com would mix well with BD pieces. I just wanted to see if anyone had a pic of him next to a BD Vision or Iron Man in particular because that is how I would display it if I pick it up. Both of the standing BD Thanos statues are on the larger size of BDs scale. Seeing the Ultron Com in the same pic with a BD Vision, Iron Man, or Thor would help me out a lot as far as whether or not I want to pick it up. I don't mind if he's a little larger than BD scale (like Thanos) but I don't want him to tower over the other BD Avengers statues I own. If that's the case, I'll just pick up the BD Ultron. However, I would rather score the Com because I think it looks better. I'm just hesitant to drop $400 on it if I'm not sure it'll fit in with my other BD Avengers pieces.

Yeah, I saw that one. That's what originally got me to think that the Com would mix well with BD pieces. I just wanted to see if anyone had a pic of him next to a BD Vision or Iron Man in particular because that is how I would display it if I pick it up. Both of the standing BD Thanos statues are on the larger size of BDs scale. Seeing the Ultron Com in the same pic with a BD Vision, Iron Man, or Thor would help me out a lot as far as whether or not I want to pick it up. I don't mind if he's a little larger than BD scale (like Thanos) but I don't want him to tower over the other BD Avengers statues I own. If that's the case, I'll just pick up the BD Ultron. However, I would rather score the Com because I think it looks better. I'm just hesitant to drop $400 on it if I'm not sure it'll fit in with my other BD Avengers pieces.

For as many reward points as Sideshow is giving away during Spook, you could rack up a good amount

For as many reward points as Sideshow is giving away during Spook, you could rack up a good amount

Yeah, but it wouldn't help me in this particular case. The EX is sold out and I'm an EX or fail kinda guy. :wink1:

Ok, so I went and did it. I picked up the EX Com from Tavegg (who is a member here and over at SM). He had his EX for sale over at SM and I just put down half now and will pay the other half next month. I really wanted an Ultron for my Bowen Avengers collection and just liked the Com so much more than the BD Ultron. I have started to sell off some of my 1/5 collection because I want to focus more on 1/4 scale pieces. The scale is the main reason that I never picked up the Com in the 1st place because I really liked the way it looked. I think it's funny that I picked it up in the end anyway because it appears that it is even slightly smaller than 1/5 scale and will mix in well with my Bowen pieces. Anyway, a big thanks to James for letting me split the payment and adding this piece to my collection. It's never fun buying statues right after the Christmas bills come in and I have an EX Bats PF to pay off as well. :lol

Back