Classic Doctor Who 2016 UPDATES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have slowly been working to finish up the 1:6 Classic Doctor Who eras I had started here a few years ago, behind the scenes, more as a project for myself to complete my 1:6 sets I wanted, like the Tom Baker bookend eras of the EARLY YEARS and the FINAL YEARS, and working to resolve whatever issues were holding them up such as getting the K-9 masters back from the mold maker, correcting the Romana head, hand, and her sonic screwdriver size, printing out and resizing the Fourth Doctor's sonic screwdriver so it has the SWEET holes in the emitter ring, and began a few new ones tied in with the eras.

I started off originally with the Troughton era, but mining that era has fallen by the way-side for the moment.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS 16 SONIC.jpg

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS 16 SONIC (2).jpg

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS 16 SONIC DOCTOR WHO.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Classic doctor who 2016

The first thing I am really proud of is my serious Fourth Doctor head (S14), which was sculpted by the amazing Inigo Gil who just sculpted the jaw dropping QMX 1:6 Kirk, and I just got my painted copy back from painter Mark Simpson who did a bang-up job on him (thanks guys!). Now I just need to take costumed pics. Here is the painted pic I have Mark had sent in advance! :)

TOM BAKER S14 (SERIOUS)

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS TOM BAKER FOURTH DOCTOR BIG CHIEF (2).jpg

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS TOM BAKER FOURTH DOCTOR BIG CHIEF (3).jpg

WARRIORS GATE CUSTOMS TOM BAKER FOURTH DOCTOR BIG CHIEF.jpg

Last edited:

Here's a few fellow customizers take on Sarah Jane using my custom head I had sculpted by BBKILL (CHU) for me.

WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF 00.jpg

WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF (2).jpg

WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF 3.jpg

TEKKAMAN BLADE
WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF (3).jpg
WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF.jpg

IAIN MCCLUMPA
WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF 7.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF 9.jpg

MATT VERNON
WARRIORS GATE SARAH JANE BIG CHIEF 6.jpg
23673623350_1ca20c5635_o.jpg

Last edited:

LASIRENOFIRE

PAINTED, WIGGED, AND COSTUMED BY HERSELF! LOVE the MANDRAGORA costume! Awesome!
23417886730_fec73332dc_o.jpg
warriors gate sarah jane custom head.jpg

And mine, the despicable Rick Hurtt's, painted by Steven Giunta-
21848082928_5b5ca82ef5_o.jpg
21399256813_d01c2691ef_o.jpg

HAND OF FEAR "Andy Pandy" costumes made as commissioned by WGP.

Last edited:
Re: Classic Doctor Who 2016

The "Beret Brigadier" was made to be a part of the Second Doctor era of customs I was making which is why he was made with a beret, which most everybody people hated (laugh). Sorry guys, there was a method to my madness. The plan was always to make a different version for the Pertwee/Tom Baker eras. I have someone who wants to mod the Beret head to be hatless, so look for that release later in the year if there is interest our there.

The Brigadier (Beret)
Warriors Gate Brigadier custom head8.jpg

Nick Robinson
If you don't follow Nick on Flicker you need to. I LOVE his sci-fi pics and they just frequently kick my ass. Someday he is going to be kidnapped by someone and forced to make 1:6 scale dioramas for them in their basement. Um, hypothetically. (Cough!)

Warriors Gate Brigadier custom head 4.jpg
Warriors Gate Brigadier custom head 2.jpg

Iain McClumpa's (modded to wear any hat).
LOVE the Dalek-gun accessory! That just kicks all kinds of ass! :)

Warriors Gate brigadier custom head.jpg
Warriors Gate Brigadier custom head 6.jpg
Warriors Gate Brigadier custom head 7.jpg

Last edited:

Revenge is a dish best served---cold.
(personal commission sculpted by Sean Dabbs).

Sean nearly has the Revenge Cyberman completed being sculpted. He just needs to sculpt the hands, hoses, and hose connectors.

Once printed, I will have the tailor make the suit. It has been tricky figuring out how to get the hoses to connect. I would prefer not to have them sewn on for ease of assembly. Right now I am running with the idea of metal gromit rings punched through the uniform to a peg can be run form inside the costume, through the hole, and into the parts to keep them attached.

warriors gate productions cyber man sculpt commission.jpg
warriors gate productions cyber man sculpt commission side.jpg
warriors gate productions cyber man sculpt commission 4.jpg
warriors gate productions cyber man sculpt commission 6.jpg
warriors gate productions cyber man sculpt commission 5.jpg
22211076845_60e39eef7f_o.jpg

Last edited:

The K-9 molds are back in my possession and ready for casting. I am just waiting on Sean Dabbs to make his tiny "radar-dish" eye sensor and update the ears a bit. I also want to make the inside look a bit nicer before casting.

The inside is left hollow to customize with electronics, etc.

warriors gate k-9 custom 1.6 4.jpg
WARRIORS GATE  custom k-9 45.jpg
WARRIORS GATE custom k-9 555.jpg
warriors gate k-9 custom 1.6.jpg
big chief 1.6 k9.jpg

Last edited:

As mentioned higher, while these pics are old, the Romana Lalla head has been rescaled. I am no longer concerned with making a TV costume for her, which was a big part of the hold up on her before, as I found something from a "lost adventure" for her to wear, not screen worn.

Them after a lot of searching, since she was rescaled the wig I had for her no longer fit, and I found a wigmaker who could make a hard cap wig cap directly on her head, who I am having make a proto of now to see how it looks, so anyone who wants a Romana will have a way to get one.

I tried many off the rack existing wigs but all were way too big.

Warriors gate Romana custom head big chief 2.jpg
Warriors gate Romana custom head big chief.jpg

Resized Romana Sonic (resized sonic holding hand not printed yet)
Warriors gate Romana sonic custom head big chief.jpg

Last edited:

S18 FOURTH DOCTOR HEAD

Proto and custom painted by SILENT SURFER.

warriors gate season 18 tom baker custom head big chief.jpg
warriors gate season 18 tom baker custom head big chief 2.jpg

TREV2005'S CUSTOM
Scarf by INKED DALEK.

warriors gate season 18 tom baker custom head big chief 4.jpg
warriors gate season 18 tom baker custom head big chief 5.jpg
warriors gate season 18 tom baker custom head big chief 6.jpg

Last edited:

SMILING FOURTH DOCTOR (S14)- AVAILABLE FOR PRINTING

Here is the render for the smiling Fourth Doctor head (S14), which was also sculpted by the amazing Inigo Gil at the same time as my serious one (who also just sculpted the jaw dropping QMX 1:6 Kirk.) This head was never printed since Big Chief came out with one and I had so many other Who items I already had sculpted to try and get out. However, a copy of it can still be yours if you want one, and swing for the $150 printing which is an awesome way to get a $1000 head sculpt for just the printing cost.

WARRIORS GATE SMILING TOM.jpg
WARRIORS GATE  SMILING TOM 2.jpg

Last edited:

PROJECT Z

WARRIORS GATE ZYGON 1.6 FIGURE.jpg

I am lucky enough to have met some really cool people within this hobby who have the same passions. One such person is a hand sculptor who is also a big classic Who fan and we are working to make a 1:6 Zygon custom. That is a teaser pic of a personal project he made for himself which I consider the prototype for this. Eventually what we came down to was that the best way to make this was to have a silicone body suit and a resin chest, head, hands and feet, to give him the best articulation possible. Right now the plan is for two different Zygons- Broton and the Nurse. This really rounds out the 1:6 S12 era I wanted to make nicely (minus a much missed Harry Sullivan), and best of all since this will be hand sculpted there will be no insane printing cost in addition.

Sculpting will begin soon and if this project works as well on this design as we hope, we are planning to doing more monsters afterwards.

Last edited:

SMILING PATRICK TROUGHTON HEAD

Sculpted by Sean Dabbs for WGP
This head painted by Marvel Comics artist Salvador Larocca.

WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 5.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 4.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 2.jpg

Second Doctor accessories sculpted by Sean Dabbs for WGP. Yeti Controller by Inked Dalek.
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 3.jpg

WGP still makes Troughton Basic costumes and Yeti coats as commissions.

SMILING SECOND DOCTOR WHO  CUSTOM WITH CYBERMAT.jpg
SMILING SECOND DOCTOR WHO  CUSTOM WITH BROLLY.jpg
SMILING PATRICK TROUGHTON CUSTOM ID BIG CHIEF.jpg

Last edited:
SECOND DOCTOR (YETI COAT)

I really need to find a 1:6 torch to finish this figure. I know some LOTR figs used to have them, but that was years ago.

WGP still makes Troughton Basic costumes and Yeti coats as commissions.

SECOND DOCTOR WHO CUSTOM BIG CHIEF MATT SMITH.jpg
SMILING SECOND DOCTOR WHO  CUSTOM WITH YETI COAT BIG CHIEF.jpg

Thanks to Trev2005 for helping me with the Photoshop on the yeti sphere!
warriorsgate second doctor custom q.jpg

SWEET SMILING SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM BY MALLY ORRmally orr custom.jpg

Last edited:
SECOND DOCTOR SERIOUS HEAD

Sculpted by Sean Dabbs as a "face expression change" commission, which we can be hired to do with any sculpt we have made.

warriors gate second doctor head big chief 1.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 56.jpg
WARRIORS GATE SECOND DOCTOR CUSTOM HEAD BIG CHIEF 25.jpg

Last edited:
THE "INVASION" CYBERMEN were the monsters I was making for my Troughton era customs, but as things backlogged and interest in continuing the Troughton era waned, they were sculpted but never printed. Another factor in this is that they look similar to the REVENGE Cybermen, and with Big Chief having made a Fourth Doctor, it just made sense to make the Revenge version instead as a tie-in for him to fight, plus Sarah Jane was already made.

Since these are already sculpted, they are sitting there waiting to be used. If anyone wants INVASION style Cybermen, contact me and let me know. I will tell you the quote on getting them printed.

warriors gate sculpting invasion cybermen custom.jpg
warriors gate sculpting invasion cybermen chest panel custom.jpg
warriors gate sculpting invasion cybermen rifle custom.jpg
warriors gate sculpting invasion cybermen hoses custom.jpg

PROPOSED BATTLE DAMAGED VERSION SCULPTED BY ALEX NETO FOR WGP.
warriors gate sculpting invasion cybermen damaged goods custom.gif

Last edited:
I recently got my painted serious Tom head back from Mark Simpson and am very, very happy with how well he turned out with both the sculpting (by Inigio Gil) and from Mark's paint work. It's taken waaaay to long too get there, but I am elated to finally having my Early Tom and Sarah made.

warriors gate tom baker custom head big chief sm.jpg

warriors gate tom baker custom head 9 big chief sm.jpg

warriors gate tom baker custom head 5 big chief.jpg

warriors gate tom baker custom head 7 big chief.jpg

Last edited:
Back