Media Classic and Trilogy Tomb Raider games.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Great game. I still prefer Anniversary and Legend though.

They're both in the mail as well, and one just arrived:

23106845785_46ba56db93_z.jpg

22484069294_0cdb84872d_c.jpg

23106841095_9f18c53754_c.jpg

Nice one Ryan, beautiful looking sets you have there.

I don't have all that lovely artwork, because I've got the 'PS3 Trilogy' set.

Nice one Ryan, beautiful looking sets you have there.

I don't have all that lovely artwork, because I've got the 'PS3 Trilogy' set.

Thanks! The PS3 Trilogy is fine, but Underworld was really sluggish, the framerate drops drive me insane so I thought- why not get the entire trilogy on PC? :lol

I'll be going trough the entire trilogy soon, sucks that Underworld never got a sequel. :(

Thanks! The PS3 Trilogy is fine, but Underworld was really sluggish, the framerate drops drive me insane so I thought- why not get the entire trilogy on PC? :lol

I'll be going trough the entire trilogy soon, sucks that Underworld never got a sequel. :(
That **** just does not bother me in the slightest. I'm playing the original game right now on my PS1 & I'm in heaven. :lol

That **** just does not bother me in the slightest. I'm playing the original game right now on my PS1 & I'm in heaven. :lol

Consider yourself blessed. Don't let stuff like that get to you!

Great find! Interesting to hear that the PC version version fixed those issues. My copy of Underworld (PS3) had a lot of lag/freezing.

Yeah, the PS3 version ran as smooth as a slideshow. It was horrible. None of those issues are present in the PC version.

What are you playing it on? :monkey3.

I managed to get it to 1080p at 30fps, better than nothing I guess. :lol

I'll definitely check out the PC version then. I was playing through Underworld a couple months back and it was still giving me issues.

30 FPS...pleb :lol

btw, is Legend really a reboot?

Yeah, Legend is the first reboot, which was followed by Anniversary (a remake set in the same canon as Legend) and finally Underworld, hence why it's a trilogy.

I'll definitely check out the PC version then. I was playing through Underworld a couple months back and it was still giving me issues.

Oh, most definitely! Even a toaster PC like mine could run the game MUCH better than what we got on PS3. The worst part was that the game was so laggy that it even messes with your platforming. It genuinely runs at 10-15 FPS most of the time, which for a game like this is unacceptable. You'll breath a HUGE sigh of relief once you try it on PC. :lol

Even a toaster PC like mine could run the game MUCH better than what we got on PS3. The worst part was that the game was so laggy that it even messes with your platforming. It genuinely runs at 10-15 FPS most of the time, which for a game like this is unacceptable. You'll breath a HUGE sigh of relief once you try it on PC. :lol
Stop ruining my fun! :gah: :lol

My PC is ready for the dump, so I beg to differ that any old thing can run your game better than a PS3.

Mine's a dinosaur, & I wouldn't play anything on it. :lol

Yeah, Legend is the first reboot, which was followed by Anniversary (a remake set in the same canon as Legend) and finally Underworld, hence why it's a trilogy.

Oh, most definitely! Even a toaster PC like mine could run the game MUCH better than what we got on PS3. The worst part was that the game was so laggy that it even messes with your platforming. It genuinely runs at 10-15 FPS most of the time, which for a game like this is unacceptable. You'll breath a HUGE sigh of relief once you try it on PC. :lol

Oh man, I know what you mean. Even the cutscenes were slowing down all the time. Very annoying since none of my other PS3 games even do that. Once I get a better PC next year, I'll look into it. I was pretty close to platting it to.

Stop ruining my fun! :gah: :lol

My PC is ready for the dump, so I beg to differ that any old thing can run your game better than a PS3.

Mine's a dinosaur, & I wouldn't play anything on it. :lol

Did I mentioned it's dirt cheap on Steam as well? :monkey3

Oh man, I know what you mean. Even the cutscenes were slowing down all the time. Very annoying since none of my other PS3 games even do that. Once I get a better PC next year, I'll look into it. I was pretty close to platting it to.

The Mexico level was the worst offender, I've never seen a game stutter to slideshow-like framerates on a console ever. I got the plat (twice on two accounts) but the experience was harrowing, and much of the graphics suffer because most of the time it's too choppy to see what's going on, I swore my PS3 was defective or something.

Here is the Thailand level in 60fps, check out how smooth the water and animations are. Now I wished I had a better PC to run it. :lol

I mean.. is that frame rate thing really that bad on PS3??

Yeah, it is. VERY. Google "Tomb Raider Underworld PS3 framerate" and see tons of topics on how bad it is. I'm a console guy trough and trough, and I don't play games on PC simply because I don't have the hardware but this is one of those rare exceptions that I have to accommodate. Frankly? It sucks- the PS3 version runs at a truly atrocious framerate that it just ruins the experience, sometimes even obscuring your view or hampering gameplay. My PC is from 2008 and I'm able to run the game at 720p, rock solid 30fps with maxed out effects and it's good enough, way better than the consoles.

I have seen the game on a friends' PC at 1080p 60fps and I can tell you it's an immersive experience, kinda makes me wanna get a new PC. :lol

On a side note, I ran both PC and PS3 versions of TR Anniversary and found out something surprising- the PS3 versions looks superior! Lara's model is FAR better looking, the textures are better, there are real time shadows and the water effects blow the PC version out of the umm, water. The only thing lacking in the PS3 version of TRA is the framerate that dips quite low occasionally but it's an acceptable trade-off to a better looking game.

So yeah, contrary to TRU, TRA is best on PS3! :yess:

On a side note, I ran both PC and PS3 versions of TR Anniversary and found out something surprising- the PS3 versions looks superior! Lara's model is FAR better looking, the textures are better, there are real time shadows and the water effects blow the PC version out of the umm, water. The only thing lacking in the PS3 version of TRA is the framerate that dips quite low occasionally but it's an acceptable trade-off to a better looking game.

So yeah, contrary to TRU, TRA is best on PS3! :yess:

Sounds amazing. Yeah it was mostly Mexico and Thailand for me. That final boss area also gave a ton of lag too. I'm not sure why it's so bad on PS3, since Anniversary, Legend, and TR13 run fairly smoothly on my PS3. I was playing through the trilogy earlier this year and was trying to plat Underworld but I could never find all the treasure in the Underwater levels. That said Anniversary and Legend are wonderful on PS3. Legend doesn't look quite as updated but it still plays fine.

Back