Circle pad pro for 3ds is gamestop exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelo07stang

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted everyone to know that gamestop has the circle pad pro for preorder for 20 and is scheduled to release the same day wit hresident evil revelations. It said its a gamestop exclusive meaning that you cant order it anywere else and i checked noone else has it for order. You can also order straight from nintendo.

Last edited:
It's the dumbest looking thing ever.

It actually works pretty well according to some early reviews and if you want to play resident evil revelations and metal gear solid the way they were ment to be played you will need it. plus all of the games coming out next year will use two analog sticks.

It actually works pretty well according to some early reviews and if you want to play resident evil revelations and metal gear solid the way they were ment to be played you will need it. plus all of the games coming out next year will use two analog sticks.

At which time they'll bring out the 3DSi with the pad built in rendering the current one useless without the ugly attachment.

Way to reward those who supported nintendo with the current 3DS :slap

^Exactly right. The new 3DS with two analogs will be out next year. Rumors have it they might even rename it and or eliminate the 3D feature all together....since the 3D has been a turn off for many and part of the failure of the system.

I think sales might increase when they release the new version though.

^Exactly right. The new 3DS with two analogs will be out next year. Rumors have it they might even rename it and or eliminate the 3D feature all together....since the 3D has been a turn off for many and part of the failure of the system.

I think sales might increase when they release the new version though.

My nephew got one of these for Christmas. The 3D is very cool but a turn off for me as well. It hurt my damn head looking at the screen.

So I'm going to have to drop $70 to play Resident Evil Revelations on my 3DS?

That's a bummer.

Rumors have it they might even rename it and or eliminate the 3D feature all together....since the 3D has been a turn off for many and part of the failure of the system.

That sucks. IMO the 3d is the best part of the system. :dunnoSeriously. I had viewmasters growing up. Oops, I'm really dating myself now. :slap

I think the impression is that people have problems with it because the ones who have issues with it are vocal about it. I've never had any problems with it. So make sure you try it out for yourself and use the 3d sliider bar to figure out a good setting for the 3d. That seems to work for people I've shown.

There is no way they are getting rid of the 3d and as far as a new 3ds system goes you wont see one untill 2013 nintendo knows it would be a bad move to release a new one so early plus the ywant to see how the circle pad atachment works. I think we will be fine with the circle attachment. nintendos main focus for 2012 will be wii u and new 3ds games not a new 3ds system. People are still buying the current 3ds so theres no point for another one right away.

Doesn't that mean two circle pads should have been on the 3DS in the first place, especially with so many games using the function? :(

I bought the launch 3DS. The free games were nice and all, but it does suck that I'll have to buy this ugly device for $20 to play Resident Evil Revelations, the game I bought the system for, correctly.

I've been reading a lot about the circle pad pro, the device and it's implications.

Nintendo has admitted the 3DS is a design flaw since launch with the release of the circle pad pro.....and now that this peripheral exists, developers will want to utilize it; and it will probably attract new developers too.

So what? 3DS owners have to buy the circle pad pro to play future games on the 3DS? The way it's going, yes. That or use the unacceptable control scheme of the touch screen as a second "pad".

Basically nintendo screwed itself big time, they are going to have to release a new 3DS with two analogs probably by end of 2012. Something will have to be done with current 3DS owners, give them all free circle pad pros or give them some massive discount on a new 3DS model.

The circle pad pro is a temporary solution for developers while Nintendo gets its ____ together.

No choice is good for Nintendo in the short term in regards to this matter, but for the long term they must update the 3DS.

3ds will be fine its still selling like hotcakes but the future dont look so bright for vita forbes magazine is saying that the system is already introuble and sales of the system and software have been really poor. Like I and many others said before dnt expect a new 3ds untill at least 2013 nintendos main focus for 2012 will be wii u and new 3ds games. Even when they do come out with a new 3ds with circle pad already built in big deal iwill still be playing my limited edition zelda 3ds with the circle pad pro atachment. If the new 3ds comes with an attractive price then I might look into getting one.

Is the second analog control that big of a deal? I don't really care about shooters at all and the games released so far have all played just fine without a second analog.

It just seems to me like something getting blown way out of proportion by a vocal minority. Kids catching their pokémons aren't going to miss a second analog controller, so I don't see how it's a "disaster" at all.

Well if I need the second analog so I can walk and shoot at the same time in Resident Evil, I'm fine without it. I learned long ago how to survive Resident Evil games with tank controls and stationary aiming and I like it that way.

Is the second analog control that big of a deal? I don't really care about shooters at all and the games released so far have all played just fine without a second analog stick.

No games in the western market have been released that use the second pad yet. Resident Evil will be one of the first, as well as MGS. But once the CPP is out expect more games to utilize it.

Back