Cinemaquette Presents: Batman '89 Batmobile & Batwing -buy from Sideshow!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is some info you might want to check out to clear things up.

Its from Mitch @ statueforum

Toynami Batman prop thread: Release info & specs.
I see that there has been interest in these pieces but littl to go off of acept for a few photo's from a recent trade show.

I recently spoke to george (owner of Toynami & CM) to get some details on these pieces & I thought that I would post them here to share w/ those interested.

First off:

- These are Toynami products/releases, they have nothing to do with Cinemaquette.

- These products are a joint venture between Hollywood Collectors Gallery Japan (not Hollywood Collectors Group USA) & Toynami. The reason primarily for this is that HCGJ holds the (japanese) license for the batman products whie George owns the original Batwing & Batmobile models used for the film.

- Toynami is handling most of the developement as a result of this so George is overseeing things very closely to make sure that the final products are up to par when released.

As far as the products themselves go:

There are 4 products to be released:

- Batman Cowel replica: this will be cast in high quality fiberglass. When I asked George about the quality of the casting he made sure to stress that this won't be one of those sideshow deals (warps & defects everywhere). The dryer the climate that the casts are done in the better the pieces come out. George made it known that strict measures will be taken to make sure that these casts will be top grade.
When asked (why not a rubber like material) George said that it would prompt too many to try to wear the piece causing damageand/or accelerated aging/breakdown of the material.
Also note that the cowel IS separate from the base & gets assembled by the customer when initially unpackaged.

- Batmans spear gun: Unfortunately DC's policy w/ weapon prop replicas is that the wepon it self CANNOT be removed from it's base.
They took this overprotective stance w/ the fear that it could lead to lawsuits if someone got hurt or presented the loose prop in public where it could be missinterperated as a real weapon.
As a result of this the gun comes permanantely affixed to it's (light up) theme base.

- Batwing model replica: This piece is going to be a fully realised version of the prop used for scenes in the original film (complete w/ fully fully detailed interior & LED light package). The finish is a type of honed grey/black/gunmeal w/ metalic chips/specs in it. This finish is true to the original prop used in the movie.

- Batmobile model replica: Again, another piece that is going to be a fully realised version of the prop used in the film sporting a fully detailed interior (the original was blank) & a high quality LED lighting system throughout.
George told me that this piece is about 29" wide & that he is still trying to decide which finish to go with for the body (which will be a high quality fiberglass cast) of the car.
There were 2 finishes used on the batmobiles in the film: a black high gloss & a honed semi mate/semi gloss black finish. one of the 2 has undertones of deep purple to it (I can't remember which one does). one finish is also signifigantly more expensie to reprodue then the other (hence the additional research that must be done).

In regards to release date & price: the products will come in two waves. The Cowel & spear gun will be first up & will begin shipping in late march to early april (you can see pre-order prices & BBTS.com) & the Batmobile & batwing will ship late summer of 2010.

George stressed that he cannot comment more on the Batmobile & Batwing as they are still in developement & pricing (even roundabout) has not been determined yet.

Thats all for now. If I get any more info i'll update this thread.
Mitch is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Here is some info you might want to check out to clear things up.

Its from Mitch @ statueforum

Toynami Batman prop thread: Release info & specs.
I see that there has been interest in these pieces but littl to go off of acept for a few photo's from a recent trade show.

I recently spoke to george (owner of Toynami & CM) to get some details on these pieces & I thought that I would post them here to share w/ those interested.

First off:

- These are Toynami products/releases, they have nothing to do with Cinemaquette.

- These products are a joint venture between Hollywood Collectors Gallery Japan (not Hollywood Collectors Group USA) & Toynami. The reason primarily for this is that HCGJ holds the (japanese) license for the batman products whie George owns the original Batwing & Batmobile models used for the film.

- Toynami is handling most of the developement as a result of this so George is overseeing things very closely to make sure that the final products are up to par when released.

As far as the products themselves go:

There are 4 products to be released:

- Batman Cowel replica: this will be cast in high quality fiberglass. When I asked George about the quality of the casting he made sure to stress that this won't be one of those sideshow deals (warps & defects everywhere). The dryer the climate that the casts are done in the better the pieces come out. George made it known that strict measures will be taken to make sure that these casts will be top grade.
When asked (why not a rubber like material) George said that it would prompt too many to try to wear the piece causing damageand/or accelerated aging/breakdown of the material.
Also note that the cowel IS separate from the base & gets assembled by the customer when initially unpackaged.

- Batmans spear gun: Unfortunately DC's policy w/ weapon prop replicas is that the wepon it self CANNOT be removed from it's base.
They took this overprotective stance w/ the fear that it could lead to lawsuits if someone got hurt or presented the loose prop in public where it could be missinterperated as a real weapon.
As a result of this the gun comes permanantely affixed to it's (light up) theme base.

- Batwing model replica: This piece is going to be a fully realised version of the prop used for scenes in the original film (complete w/ fully fully detailed interior & LED light package). The finish is a type of honed grey/black/gunmeal w/ metalic chips/specs in it. This finish is true to the original prop used in the movie.

- Batmobile model replica: Again, another piece that is going to be a fully realised version of the prop used in the film sporting a fully detailed interior (the original was blank) & a high quality LED lighting system throughout.
George told me that this piece is about 29" wide & that he is still trying to decide which finish to go with for the body (which will be a high quality fiberglass cast) of the car.
There were 2 finishes used on the batmobiles in the film: a black high gloss & a honed semi mate/semi gloss black finish. one of the 2 has undertones of deep purple to it (I can't remember which one does). one finish is also signifigantly more expensie to reprodue then the other (hence the additional research that must be done).

In regards to release date & price: the products will come in two waves. The Cowel & spear gun will be first up & will begin shipping in late march to early april (you can see pre-order prices & BBTS.com) & the Batmobile & batwing will ship late summer of 2010.

George stressed that he cannot comment more on the Batmobile & Batwing as they are still in developement & pricing (even roundabout) has not been determined yet.

Thats all for now. If I get any more info i'll update this thread.
Mitch is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

That's old news.

How about this for a collection...?

ed5dc36f-48fe-4514-a089-7a71.jpg

Get rid of the Tumbler and Batpod and then you have a Batman collection.

The tumbler..of HOT TOY .. is way much cheaper.. than this batmobile.

Is crazy, I love the idea of the buying the batwing even at that price..but it does not seen much details as the tumbler !!!

Nice...but too expensive.!!!

The tumbler..of HOT TOY .. is way much cheaper.. than this batmobile.

Is crazy, I love the idea of the buying the batwing even at that price..but it does not seen much details as the tumbler !!!

Nice...but too expensive.!!!

you gotta be kidding right ?

The cinemaquette BATMOBILE may be not 1/6 scale

but the detailing is not less than the Tumbler.

Sure you see more stuff going on in the Tumbler because of how it is built.

The 1989 Batmobile has a one solid body and smoother look than the Tumbler, Tumbler has different parts and plates in the body with flaps and springs.

And if you compare the interiors, the cinemaquette Batmobile has detail interiors and light functions on the dashboard like how the real car would if you start the engine.

Batmobile is 29" long? That would make it 1/10.

Seriously, you could buy a Richmans 89 and mod the cockpit and lights yourself for a lot less than a grand. Then yours would be a limited run of 1 :lol

DSCN5527_edited.jpg

DSCN5525_edited.jpg

DSCN5530_edited.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather have this one...

Digby Milner,
Kevin Draycott,
Barry Whitrod.
John Evans
and Andy Smith.

d011c2a6-3bab-4f15-b403-52fc.jpg

After re-reading the entire thread I'm kind of interested again in buying.

But does anyone know if the coccoon is included or will be sold in future?

wm.aspx

wm.aspx

I saw only the picutres posted on keaton batmobile site but i was not able to find any info elsewhere.

After re-reading the entire thread I'm kind of interested again in buying.

But does anyone know if the coccoon is included or will be sold in future?

wm.aspx

wm.aspx

I saw only the picutres posted on keaton batmobile site but i was not able to find any info elsewhere.

Damn !!!!! This is going to be awesome !

Back