Cinemaquette Presents: Batman '89 Batmobile & Batwing -buy from Sideshow!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who has placed an order on the Cinemaquette presents BATMOBILE ?

Just wondering how many of you guys here has actually placed an order on the Cinemaquette BATMOBILE ?

Since according to George the owner of Toynami and Cinemaquette that the Batmobile is over-sold.

Re: Cinemaquette Presents: Toynami Batman '89 Batmobile and Batwing

What do you collect, F1 or road cars, or both...

I wondered why in most pics the windscreen stuck out more noticeably because of the difference in colour shades. Distinctive look from matte vs small glossy area.

Why the change in Returns then? just because it was a new film?

The Batmobile was Pearl grey/silver in the 1989 Batman movie because the car was going to be filmed at night, and the concern was that if it was black, people wouldn't be able to see it very well at all. As to why they changed it to black in the next film, it was probably because they felt that the Batmobile should always be black. Maybe they found a way to shoot it at night and still have people see it, maybe there was new film that worked better for night shooting that was developed, or maybe they found out that shooting at night wasn't as problematic as they previously thought.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
This is a fairly accurate pic of the 1989 Batmobile's color. As you can see, the car is silver and not black.

Last edited:
I also have placed an order.

Batman and (even more so) Returns was a huge staple of my childhood, so these products were no-brainers for me, even with my somewhat limited budget.

Jed, your confirmation of a August ship date for the cowl in another thread made me order that. I absolutely can't wait for these to come out.

I may pick up the spear gun at some point, but not at msrp as I don't really care for the base. In-hand pics may change my opinion on this though.

I also have placed an order.

Batman and (even more so) Returns was a huge staple of my childhood, so these products were no-brainers for me, even with my somewhat limited budget.

Jed, your confirmation of a August ship date for the cowl in another thread made me order that. I absolutely can't wait for these to come out.

I may pick up the spear gun at some point, but not at msrp as I don't really care for the base. In-hand pics may change my opinion on this though.

Yeah I am the same way with you man.

I may get the spear gun sometime down the line. For the MSRP, that spear gun is over priced to my opinion. I have seen it in hand, but yeah it's an okay piece.

I wish that they could've done the batarang instead though.

Question for you JEDSTER or anyone else that may have seen it at SDCC this year: does the 'pole' going through the cowl for support detract from the overall appearance of the piece?

Question for you JEDSTER or anyone else that may have seen it at SDCC this year: does the 'pole' going through the cowl for support detract from the overall appearance of the piece?

I personally don't think so.

Because inside the cowl is super dark, so you won't be able to see the pole anyway, unless you shine a direct light to it.

And, you can remove the cowl from the base too.

I think the $2000 price tag on any of these models is way too much. The only reason they are selling to high, is the limited run of 500. I'd rather put up the extra $10,000 and get a 1:1 kit copy of the car.

www.chickslovethecar.com for Batmobile builders.

Actually, I remember the screen used scale model from Returns being offered by the London Prop Store (model used to transform into the Batmissile).
I think it was cheaper than the HT model.

How about this for a collection...?

ed5dc36f-48fe-4514-a089-7a71.jpg

Actually, I remember the screen used scale model from Returns being offered by the London Prop Store (model used to transform into the Batmissile).
I think it was cheaper than the HT model.

What's HT ?
hot toys ?

coz if HT stands for hot toys, these aren't by hot toys

Back