Cinemaquette Presents: Batman '89 Batmobile & Batwing -buy from Sideshow!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I like about the batmobile is that an acrylic case can easily be made to sit on top of the base. That alone saved me $300 from having a nice base made.

Chris

Not promising for HT to do it, I don't think the Tumbler worked out well for them.

It didn't do well? Darn, I love mine and thought of picking up another piece when I was in HK but its all sold out.

Anyhoo, would be sweet if they make that 89'! Imagine what kinda price HT will ask, definitely not 2 grands!

It didn't seem to, from what I've read, the delays were a problem, there were breakage issues with the fragile pieces. The '89 Batmobile is simpler though, so maybe they'll tackle it, the Batpod seemed to go over well.

Re: Cinemaquette Presents: Toynami Batman '89 Batmobile and Batwing

I have many 1/8 Amalgam models....this batmobile although expensive is not really tied at all with the caliber of models which Amalgam produces which are about 2-3 times more expensive than this batmobile. The batmobile it made of fiberglass....Amalgam makes their cars of steel, titanium and carbon fiber.

Chris

What do you collect, F1 or road cars, or both...

This Batmobile is actually the Batman Returns version, which was gloss black. The 1989 Batmobile was pearlescent gray, and NOT black, as explained in an interview with Terry Ackland Snow, the designer of the Batmobile.

I wondered why in most pics the windscreen stuck out more noticeably because of the difference in colour shades. Distinctive look from matte vs small glossy area.

Why the change in Returns then? just because it was a new film?

Re: Cinemaquette Presents: Toynami Batman '89 Batmobile and Batwing

Why the change in Returns then? just because it was a new film?

I would assume budget, that seems like a factor in some aspects of Batman's costume, I'm sure even the car was viewed as something with room to make fixes with more money. Also, the different lighting and context of the film may have dictated some changes for how the Batmobile looked on screen.

this prop replicas look so amazing.

I hope my work picks up this summer so I get can get the batmobile.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mRy1OmKknLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mRy1OmKknLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I like the batmobile but if I had the extra cash I'd get the batwing first. I love the way they made it and the stand is really cool too.

At $1500 though it ain't gonna happen.

I don't see these items selling.
If I were a betting man i'd say "hold out" cause they'll be reducing the price sooner than one might think. I pretty much own anything Batman that Is worthy. These two pieces are waaaay over priced. Squirrel away another 224k and you can buy the real thing.

If I were a betting man i'd say "hold out" cause they'll be reducing the price sooner than one might think. I pretty much own anything Batman that Is worthy. These two pieces are waaaay over priced. Squirrel away another 224k and you can buy the real thing.

Nope. Not going to happen. People feel the same about the Cinemaquettes, but they don't really come down in price any more. The first couple of them did, but not that much.

agree with what Dave said... i thought the same initially, but seeing the Predator prices, i doubt these will ever come down in price. very very limited, and people will have THE cash to spend on these items. sad but true.. i'd love to get my hands on the Batwing but the price is just crazy :banghead

2000 $ batmobile - for that price the guns schould rise up and disapear whit a push on a botton at the base - cookpit open and closing to...... The shield would have made it over the top

it a pass but only because of the price

Why is everyone think it's over priced ?

I know it's an expensive item, but I think it is worth it.
Judging from the fiberglass material that they use and not plastic.

The details are amazing too.

Why is everyone think it's over priced ?

I know it's an expensive item, but I think it is worth it.
Judging from the fiberglass material that they use and not plastic.

The details are amazing too.

The deal is, they are NOT overpriced. Consider this. If you actually were able to score fiberglass recasts of the original studio scale Batwing and the studio scale Batmobile and had them built up and painted by an expert with the paint jobs Toynami is offering and with the lights installed as well, you would be lucky to get that Batwing for under $1500 and the Batmobile for under $2000. I know this because I have both castings of a Batwing and Batmobile (the same fiberglass models Toynami is offering by the way pulled supposedly from the original molds but with mine that actually means they are third or more generation recasts) and let me tell you, both models will require tons of cleanup, puttying and sanding just to get them presentable for primer let alone painting. Not even talking about electronics. Go to some of the prop sites like therpf.com or resinilluminati.com and ask some of the guys who do build ups as their sole source of income and ask them what they would charge to do this work. You'll soon find out that what Toynami is charging is a steal!

The deal is, they are NOT overpriced. Consider this. If you actually were able to score fiberglass recasts of the original studio scale Batwing and the studio scale Batmobile and had them built up and painted by an expert with the paint jobs Toynami is offering and with the lights installed as well, you would be lucky to get that Batwing for under $1500 and the Batmobile for under $2000. I know this because I have both castings of a Batwing and Batmobile (the same fiberglass models Toynami is offering by the way pulled supposedly from the original molds but with mine that actually means they are third or more generation recasts) and let me tell you, both models will require tons of cleanup, puttying and sanding just to get them presentable for primer let alone painting. Not even talking about electronics. Go to some of the prop sites like therpf.com or resinilluminati.com and ask some of the guys who do build ups as their sole source of income and ask them what they would charge to do this work. You'll soon find out that what Toynami is charging is a steal!

I would agree and I'm not arguing - but these aren't hand made like the QMx ships - these are mass produced. So there are some economies of scale that kick in when you do them on an assembly line. But the pricing is in line with the mass produced studio-scale MR Falcon and Enterprise.

$2000 is not overpriced?

ok well then, it's expensive, way over budget, and quite simply, not a lot of people will be able to afford forking over it. i'm not saying people won't be able to spend the money for it as obviously, you have to be able to have a pretty stable source of income for this hobby, but all we're trying to say is...

wahhhhhh!!! EXPENSIVEEEEEE!!! and we wish that we could have it :D

Back