Cinemaquette has the Star Wars License ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call them and ask for yourself,... They said that already many times in the past,..

As an autograph collector I'd be REALLY interested if this is a copy or original. A copy costs less than the photo it is printed on it...

Master Replicas had actors/celebrities signing the plaques for real. See below my Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition, the large plaque is signed by Phil Tippett with MR and the smaller ones signed by Julian Glover (General Veers - Indy fans will also recognize the actor ;)) and Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver). They are all signed for real not copies or autopen.

jil7wl.jpg

That's a pretty serious accusation - do you have proof?

Someone else said that they said the opposite.

I don't accuse people if I'm not right,..

Here's the proof,.. https://www.coolwatersprods.com/id98.html

From APRIL 18, 2008:
Coolwaters Productions LLC is pleased to announce that we have secured the personal approval of Mr. Harrison Ford for the new INDIANA JONES CINEMAQUETTE from TOYNAMI!
Mr. Ford was so impressed with the detailed attention to this fully licensed product that he personally signed the master Certificate of Authenticity

Ugh. Between Reeve Superman Cinemaquette, Sideshow Iron Man Mark 3 and now a possible Cinemaquette Vader, its gonna be an expensive 2009/2010. My wallet just got up and hid from me...

Mine got up and set itself on fire :lol

Damned wallets, no backbone nowadays :lol

Dave, I spoke to George at CM about it.

Most are copies.

The HR Giger has the real signature and I believe the Steve Wang is real.

I confirmed that Winston, Arnold, Depp, and HF are all copies though.

I always thought the Indy was $2k and not $1250 like Arnold because of the sig...guess not.

Wouldn't CM have made a bigger deal about the signatures if they were real? The first I heard about Ford's signature being with the CM Indy is in this thread.

Dave, I spoke to George at CM about it.

Most are copies.

The HR Giger has the real signature and I believe the Steve Wang is real.

I confirmed that Winston, Arnold, Depp, and HF are all copies though.

I always thought the Indy was $2k and not $1250 like Arnold because of the sig...guess not.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Huh. Master Replicas had Harrison Ford handsign the plaques for the Millennium Falcon piece they did and made a huge deal about it, showing pics of how signatures were a bit different from each one and including a picture of him signing them with the pile there for their COAs. Why didn't Cinemaquette do the same thing?

Huh. Master Replicas had Harrison Ford handsign the plaques for the Millennium Falcon piece they did and made a huge deal about it, showing pics of how signatures were a bit different from each one and including a picture of him signing them with the pile there for their COAs. Why didn't Cinemaquette do the same thing?

Because asking the subjects to hand sign all the certificates has never been what they have done.

Well, they do claim that having him sign was one of the reasons it was so expensive. He still got a payment for "endorsing" it, but I hope it wasn't as much for not signing each one.

A copy of an autograph is not a real autograph. That's why autopens or secretarials are 99.9% of the times worthless.

A copy of an autograph is not a real autograph. That's why autopens or secretarials are 99.9% of the times worthless.

Indeed. But Cinemaquette never said they were autogrpahs, just that the COA bears a signature.

And besides, if my primary motivation were to own not only the statue, but also the autograph, I'd expect to pay a lot more than I did for mine. An autograph is a "nice to have", but the fact is that most don't even bother displaying the COA (or even taking it out of the box), so it would be a needless extra expense for a lot of owners who are really mainly interested in the pieces themselves.

Indeed. But Cinemaquette never said they were autogrpahs, just that the COA bears a signature.

And besides, if my primary motivation were to own not only the statue, but also the autograph, I'd expect to pay a lot more than I did for mine. An autograph is a "nice to have", but the fact is that most don't even bother displaying the COA (or even taking it out of the box), so it would be a needless extra expense for a lot of owners who are really mainly interested in the pieces themselves.

Still that signature is just a copy, no need for Cinemaquette to make such a case of that... now if we talk about a signed plaque like MR/eFx do then it is another story.

Hopefully we'll get word on this from someone at the show very soon(hint, hint).

Well, Superman kind of let me down...hope they correct the issues I have with it.

So PLEASE tell me there is something of Vader....although I doubt it since Dave already went by the booth...

Back