Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attakus Vader can be had for less. An EU friend and RS member got him for much less than $1200. Too bad it is not really accurate, but the pose is superb and imposing. If CM had a similar pose then I would have had it ordered as well.

Could be. I didn't study the evolution of dancing though. But we could make another project and this time involving Vader and his choice and preference for particular dances :D
:lol

That would've been perfect for most of us I think -- that pose -- the striding one -- I also think it'd make it more difficult for me to get -- I think all statues of vader would sell fast in that pose...

Or if they did the Come with me pose EXACTLY right -- would've also done it...

Unfortunately there are few collectibles that have all of the following

perfect characteristic pose
likeness, screen accuracy
Paint application,
sculpt,
realism,
eye-catchiness,
price

I think the conspiracy in collectibles is you deny the collector some of these things, and there wont be a be all end all -- the collecting will continue in search of that perfect one..
.collecting will never end:thud:

Highly agree dave! i saw it also at the Con and it didn't look awkward at all. Pics do it no justice!

it does if you stand just right -- i didn't notice it until I came back -- I forgot to mention it to George , and I wa hoping people would so he'd fix it, but I don't think many people know what he looks like...

it's really minor from the front view, but when you get around to his left angle looks like he's trying to undo a wedgie

But I ordered it nonetheless =)

Here's a shot I took at the last SDCC and will definite check it out in person again. The piece looks great "in certain angles", but everyone wants their Vader to look awesome from any angles, right?

Here's a shot I took at the last SDCC and will definite check it out in person again. The piece looks great "in certain angles", but everyone wants their Vader to look awesome from any angles, right?

and they did improve the breastplate, the control box, the tunic, the cod piece I think, -- just need toenlarge the shoulder bells to match the chestplate now and twist out the wonky leg...=)

I'm already happy with it , but I could be even happier with it ....=)

This will be my first Cinemaquette. Im just glad its related to SW and one of my favorite characters.

Congratulations =)

thanks demorathis. I actually just got off the phone with George from Cinemaquette. I asked him about the leg and he said it just looks awkward from pics and i agree. Ive seen this baby at Comic con last year and didnt think anything of the leg pose. ETA for vader is approx end of june or july!

I have to say , when I saw your Photoshop I was like , hell yeah that is the pose I woild like, and my brain started working lol if you know what I mean , but this pic you took really shows what this could actually be and looks promising and I have not seen it in person so I'm hoping it really is the pics that don't do it justise as most pics of cms do not . thanks for the post

I actually just got off the phone with George from Cinemaquette. I asked him about the leg and he said it just looks awkward from pics and i agree. Ive seen this baby at Comic con last year and didnt think anything of the leg pose. ETA for vader is approx end of june or july!

Thanks for sharing that with us T3xrr. I'm certain its just the pics and this will look great in person. As with all the past CMs released, CM usually always nails the pose to the character. This pose has been growing on me and I'm sure I will like it when I see it in person.

IMO the pose could have been better if the left arm was more strectched out BUT with a clenched fist. An open fist makes Vader seem weak; like he's wanting a hand shake or ready to burst out in song.

portal-graphics-20_1181815a.jpg

thanks demorathis. I actually just got off the phone with George from Cinemaquette. I asked him about the leg and he said it just looks awkward from pics and i agree. Ive seen this baby at Comic con last year and didnt think anything of the leg pose. ETA for vader is approx end of june or july!

I hope youre right, I lost his card and have tried getting him on the horn but I guess he hasn't got my message. When you talk to him again ask about the shoulder armour....though I doubt thers any more time to change that..its okay though I jusy figured in light of the change in chest armour...

I'm really torn on this piece. I said all day to myself "I'm not gonna get it"....now it's growing on me. I wanted it when it was first announced a year ago.

I have a 1/3 Ledger Joker (custom) and Vader would go perfect with it (same scale). Vader for me, is the most iconic film character of all time, and simply represents movies.

Not to mention Star Wars takes me to my childhood and my parents bringing me and my brother to see ROTJ.

What to do? Gahh! :gah:

I'm really torn on this piece. I said all day to myself "I'm not gonna get it"....now it's growing on me. I wanted it when it was first announced a year ago.

I have a 1/3 Ledger Joker (custom) and Vader would go perfect with it (same scale). Vader for me, is the most iconic film character of all time, and simply represents movies.

Not to mention Star Wars takes me to my childhood and my parents bringing me and my brother to see ROTJ.

Buy it....you know u want it....;)

Just give in to the dark side, i did and it feels good!:hi5:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Something tells me I'm going to end up caving in and getting this thing.

By the way, could you post some pics of your 1/3 Joker....would love to see them.

Back