Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't pull the trigger on this one it's just too pricey for my blood. It is growing on me though and I would like to own it. I guess if my spare car sells soon enough I would have the money for it but other than that I think I'm out on this one. Congrats to all the collectors getting this piece, I'm sure it will look excellent with your collection.

It all better be just pics. We shall see.

0456c93054a4eade6c30c8be0461d2d8.gif

Last edited:
I don't like the short helmet. You're not suppose to see the 'bolts' on the back of the collar. Looks like a pixie haircut. Everything else is fine, the pose doesn't bother me.

I don't like the short helmet. You're not suppose to see the 'bolts' on the back of the collar. Looks like a pixie haircut. Everything else is fine, the pose doesn't bother me.

Helmet is not actually that short, it's the positioning on the figure in relation to the shoulders -- higher than usual-- I've seen the helmet's proportions in person -- looks fine -- as far as the bolts go -- they never show in the movie cause they were never there i's kind of a cheat when they replace the regular helmet for the reveal in the movie --- there's no way you wouldn't see those bolts unless they made it slide to the side from the back in the film as a locking mechanism or something ---

Helmet is not actually that short, it's the positioning on the figure in relation to the shoulders -- higher than usual-- I've seen the helmet's proportions in person -- looks fine -- as far as the bolts go -- they never show in the movie cause they were never there i's kind of a cheat when they replace the regular helmet for the reveal in the movie --- there's no way you wouldn't see those bolts unless they made it slide to the side from the back in the film as a locking mechanism or something ---

Here are some freshly grabbed screeny for ya.

re Vader's helmet, there are several scenes where Vader's helmet look like a bob cut --- the only one that comes mind now is on Hoth when he first enters the rebel base -- just looks short -- sometimes if the mask sits closer to your face is rides up the shoulders and it has a more upright appearance-- that's just my experience with the dp dx helmet...

i think and hope that its the pic on the helmet, and you can push it back down towards his back as to not have it too high up, hell if that is possible then thats all it needs to make it look even more incredible imo
i just added just a tad bit more to it and made a hell of a difference . and dont' know about you guys, but the hand look better, so could it be an optical illusion that the hand seems small due to the fact of the helmet being a bit high? hm
vadercmhelmet.jpg

Damn I want this. $1500 is a no brainer...two grand makes it tough. The helmet is the only other thing that bothers me a little. Wish they had kept the railing.

Actually the $1500 is a no-brainer stay-away for me. For $1500 I could get a killer 1:1 replica Vader helmet.

Shave that grand off the price and I'd bite.

Here are pics from page 2, during last years Com, our only reference of real life. Guess the helmet is still the same, it should be ok.

adding: also the new Cinemaquette pics have the silver collar instead of dark gray, that may also be making the helmet look short.

Mo pics !

sdcc2010_toynami_5.jpg

sdcc2010_toynami_4.jpg

sdcc2010_toynami_3.jpg

sdcc2010_toynami_2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are pics from page 2. Guess the helmet is still the same, it should be ok.

in ESB the neck usually reaches were the chain hook is on the breastplate, obscuring it...the helmet sits lower in the film...but it is not a longer skirt on the dome...
It doesn't bother me though

I know there are many scans of the helmet that suck, but this is one of the best scans of the vader helmet I've ever seen reproduced at any scale...=)
most happy about that...

for me the likeness of the face is most important
followed by the authenticity of the details, then the pose...

and in the Face -- of the helmet, that is, it scores very high with me =)

Last edited:
Here are pics from page 2. Guess the helmet is still the same, it should be ok.

btw these are pics from comic con...they have made some adjustments since -- the pose is slightly more forward leaning, the breastplate IS (i meant IS) the correct size, the control box is more accurate with all the little greeblies, the tunics has the proper pleats (they apparently just had folds that came apart originally), the chain is out of view (or gone I don't know), the boots have been reshaped from a round (rots look) to a pointier, german soldier type otc look...

looks better now I think

Last edited:
Well said Demorathis. I too like the new and improved CM Vader. All the details on the suit as seen on screen can be found on the CM. Very happy that CM made those changes. The pose may not be ideal but from what I can see, everything else is. This had also been licensed and approved by Lucas studios.
I'm getting me one of these!

Back