Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reveal looks like:

unclefesterhasanelectrifyingpersonality.jpg

I will start saving my pennies. A 1/3 scale ESB Vader....a grail to me.

any word if there will be any signatures....Prowse is enough for me...I don't care to pay hundreds of dollars more for JEJ's.

Just FYI, James Earl Jones signs for free through the mail (and it's actually him and not a secretarial signature), so it wouldn't be hard to get him on a companion photo or plaque. And Prowse is a cheap signature as well.

Indeed it's easy to get both James Earl Jones signature and Dave Prowse's. Mr. Jones is one of the best through the mail (TTM) signers, he is always very kind o the fans and signs almost everything.

An ESB Vader with ROTJ Shaw reveal? Interesting. It does look great, but I'll be using that money for an EFX ANH Vader helmet, Studio Scale TIE Fighter, and Sideshow's eventual Vader PF 2.0. That won't stop me from being jealous when this ships though...

awesome! please be under 2 gand...

not gonna happen - with all the material, the switch-out helmet and reveal, I'm assuming light-up saber and chest/belt lights, the fact he's 1:3 scale, the base - he could be a touch over 2K

It bothers me that its an Empire piece with an ROTJ reveal. Cinemaquette must have had a one and done kind of deal with it. Its a beautiful piece but Cinemaquettes never really drew me for the price and this is no different.

Cinemaquette must have had a one and done kind of deal with it.

that was my question - seems that way with Predator, Indy, POTC, Superman, Terminator. Pick an iconic character and be done with the license. Curious if this is the only SW piece we will see them do?

that was my question - seems that way with Predator, Indy, POTC, Superman, Terminator. Pick an iconic character and be done with the license. Curious if this is the only SW piece we will see them do?

I think a 1/3 scale Boba would be very popular, so if it goes beyond Vader, I can't see them not doing him.

This piece is SICK! That said there is NO WAY I would buy it. like Mike said ^^ I don't like the reveal helmet. It is just not ESB. period. But i will say ( I know many will disagree) that is probably the best scaled / mass-produced representation of the helmet that I have seen.

The one thing that bugs me the most though is that for that price, which I am sure will be at LEAST 2K, You can make a nice 1:1 Vader. I don't mean a mediocre one, I mean a pretty damn nice one. SOOO...... I sort of think of it that way: would you rather pay 2k for a 1/3 Vader? OR rather pay 2k for a Lifesize one? That is like an absolutely no-brainer to me.

The one thing that bugs me the most though is that for that price, which I am sure will be at LEAST 2K, You can make a nice 1:1 Vader. I don't mean a mediocre one, I mean a pretty damn nice one. SOOO...... I sort of think of it that way: would you rather pay 2k for a 1/3 Vader? OR rather pay 2k for a Lifesize one? That is like an absolutely no-brainer to me.

That is exactly what I said a few posts above and I totally agree. No scaled statue will be as impressive as the 1:1 version. Museum Replicas will make the full Stormtrooper armor 1:1 and it seems the price will be around $2000. Then Vader might come and price will be there too.

Not to talk about building a Vader yourself and maybe even getting that lower than $2000. Armored characters where a face sculpt is not necessary, are easier to make in 1:1 scale, and cheaper than characters with face sculpts IMO.

That is exactly what I said a few posts above and I totally agree. No scaled statue will be as impressive as the 1:1 version. Museum Replicas will make the full Stormtrooper armor 1:1 and it seems the price will be around $2000. Then Vader might come and price will be there too.

Not to talk about building a Vader yourself and maybe even getting that lower than $2000. Armored characters where a face sculpt is not necessary, are easier to make in 1:1 scale, and cheaper than characters with face sculpts IMO.

Actually I didn't know about the Stormtrooper full armor by Museum Replicas... I might get that and place on a mannequin! Do you have a clue on when it will be presented or will be available for preorder jkno?

Back