Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to every pick up a CM this would be it. I love the Black Gate getup that Aragorn is in and the tailoring is exceptional. My favorite aspect of the CM statues is how they pull off the real hair. It looks magnificent when it is pulled off correctly and they manage to do so.

If I were to every pick up a CM this would be it. I love the Black Gate getup that Aragorn is in and the tailoring is exceptional. My favorite aspect of the CM statues is how they pull off the real hair. It looks magnificent when it is pulled off correctly and they manage to do so.

Same here, I wish I had the extra money to pick this up...:naughty

Does it look like the below pic? I really hope not...

aragorng9dr.jpg

Not a crack. I haven't seen an in-hand photo of the piece so was hoping that it had turned out better than the proto-pic. Either way, I passed on the piece.

I've seen pictures of it in other peoples collection and it looked the same to me. I didn't even know who it was before reading this thread.

I own both pieces; I purchased the Cinemaquette on the provision that I could return it if I was unsatisfied. Once I opened it up and saw how great the likeness was IN PERSON, there was no way I was going to return it!

None of the pictures I've seen posted online do it any justice.
I have sold off nearly all of my WETA (I own all the Sideshow PFs though) but I wouldn't even consider selling the Cinemaquette, even if I could recoup my full purchase price.

The likeness on the PF is good, but next to the Cinemaquette it looks like a toy.

Cinemaquette >>> PF :D

Eh, I have seen this in person; the costuming is great -- but I wouldn't go too much beyond that.

Eh, I have seen this in person; the costuming is great -- but I wouldn't go too much beyond that.

Me either. Thats no superfan talk either. The costuming is very very good but the likeness is mediocre at best.

Once again I agree, the likeness is not good. And I honestly don't think pictures are making it look as bad as some people are saying. The costuming is top notch though, and this is the version I was hoping Sideshow would have made. The price tag just kills it for me with these pieces anyway, but I can go on and on about this, so I'll stop......for now anyway. :lol

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I've had this on display non-stop since purchasing it (heck, I'm looking at it as I type), and I can't understand anyone not seeing the likeness. Everyone who visits and sees it for the first time is blown away by both the costuming *and* the likeness. I'm really not trying to change anyone's thinking, though, as my opinion is the only one that matters *to me*. If you've seen it in person and find it lacking, that's legitimate.

I'm glad you like it and for that price I'd hope it would hit the spot. For me I'll take the PF which for me is better costuming and likeness but hey if we're both happy thats what counts.

Haven't looked through this thread properly but could someone please direct me to some in hand pics of this CM? Thank yee! :)

I have a witty quip at the ready GG but I'll hold my tongue. :lol I think there's a couple pics on page 10 of this thread. As for others I'm not totally sure, I'll look around a bit.

Back