Chronicles of Riddick License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since it doesnt seem SideShow's sculptors are the guys who do the BobbleHeads I have no problem with them. Let SS be a distribution outlet to help bring in more $$ to SS. It helps feed the other products Im sure.

Now the day I see a Martin or Oluf credit on a Bobblehead is when I'll pitch a tantrum. Those guys need to only be on the high-end stuff. Which Im sure will always be the case.

Hey all - that page was a mistake - if it wasn't obvious..:p

Eventually we will be selling the Chronicles of Riddick - Lord Marshal bobble head, but not until next week.

Thanks!

Don't really see the point of SS doing bobbleheads. For the price point they would have to move a large volume of product to make it worth while. Leave the bobble head market to NECA. Maybe this move will be a catalyst to move NECA into 12 inch figures. Would love to see them do Sin City and Kill Bill as a 12 inch line. I just hope SS isn't going to tie up license like Fifth Element and Riddick, and not do anything with them but novelty stuff. They are already distributing Electric Tiki, who does this type of product very well.

Chronicles of Riddick = Hollywood Collectibles license

bobbleheads = Hollywood Collectibles products distributed by Sideshow

Christmas announcement = something a lot bigger...

Tremors 2!!!!!!

;)

shaithis77 said:
Chronicles of Riddick = Hollywood Collectibles license

bobbleheads = Hollywood Collectibles products distributed by Sideshow

Christmas announcement = something a lot bigger...

Tremors 2!!!!!!

;)
So Sideshow doesn't require the license to the property to import figures?
Why is it that Sideshow can't sell the Pirates of the Caribbean figure from Medicom and Gentle Giant can?
What about Terminator 1?
Any answers would be appreciated.

I don't see why people bother posting saying they don't like Riddick. I hate buffy, do I post in those forums and complain that sideshow makes Buffy figures? (knocking Bobble heads are fine)

screamingmetal said:
Why is it that Sideshow can't sell the Pirates of the Caribbean figure from Medicom and Gentle Giant can?
What about Terminator 1?

I'm assuming cos they got the distribution rights from the manufacturer - who got production rights from the original licence holder - two sets of rights basically that might be held by the same person - or the distribution rights might be sold. Happens with films all the time.

screamingmetal said:
What about Terminator 1?

The bobbleheads aren't imports, technically. Hollywood collectibles has the rights- we're just distributing.

It was Master Replicas that imported the Jack Sparrow from Medicom. This was because at the time, they (MR) had a master collectible license with Disney, so Medicom had to go through them.

Ah, thanks for the insight on something most of us will never hear of.
So as I'm understanding it, Hollywood Collectibles is an American company and have US license rights, Sideshow distributes.
Specifically for the Disney situation, distribution of any Disney collectable in the US has to go through the master collectible license holder which is MR (at the time). And I guess that every license can be a different situation depending on the specifics of the license. So what Lord Azrael said can be true depending on the license.
The whole Marvel situation seams to me that Sideshow has the okay with Marvel to just distribute import collectables from Medicom and not actually has the manufacturing license for collectable 12" figures.
Very confusing stuff. As long as it gets great product from overseas into my hands I'm happy.

I get Master Replicas and Gentile Giant confused with each other since I don't actually buy any of their product. I only own a GG Boba Fett bust and nothing else. If something interests me and I can't afford it, I try my best to completely forget about it, easier way of dealing with the want.

Now please go after the US Takara distribution, I love their figures but hate spending so much for their imports. :D

Back