Chronicles of Riddick 3 in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope the Blu Ray has an extended edition maybe 15 minutes longer. Also Vin says they are getting members from Tigon studios who worked on Butcher Bay and will be working on another Riddick Game.:yess:

That's awesome news. Escape from Butcher Bay is still probably my favorite movie tie-in game. I was blown away by it when I played it on the original X-Box.

I would never consider "Chronicles of Riddick" a B movie. And if it is, it's the most expensive B movie ever made.

It's not a B-movie, but it is A Vanity Piece.

Vin Diesel is a hardcore Dungeons and Dragons Every weekend Geek. ( something he and I have in common)

And Chronicles of Riddick is BASICLY Dungeons and Dragons in Space.

I would never consider "Chronicles of Riddick" a B movie. And if it is, it's the most expensive B movie ever made.

B-Movie isn't defined by cost any more. Pacific Rim is totally a B-Movie, as are the Transformers movies.

But someone gave Chronicles of Riddick a good assessment. It's a C-movie trapped in an A-movie.

Yes. That would be correct as well. It has a lot of B-movie tendencies. Big lumbering monster, over the top, incredibly irrational, and insanely unrealistic plan. It becomes a total schlock fest at the end. And not the good kind of schlock. :(

Yes. That would be correct as well. It has a lot of B-movie tendencies. Big lumbering monster, over the top, incredibly irrational, and insanely unrealistic plan. It becomes a total schlock fest at the end. And not the good kind of schlock. :(

:thud:

Am... Am I mis-remembering something about you... I thought you were hugely supportive of ASM?

Very Very odd to hear my opinions about it coming from you.

Then I have the Derpsauce.

MY general opinion is that it feels like " Our Lawyers and accountants made this so we can keep the movie liscense lawl"

What about MOS?

Yes. Very much so. The opening is very schlocky, very goofy, which is fine. But then it goes all serious, and contradicts the opening...and then the end of the film it goes into complete schlock.

It doesn't have the quality of Batman Begins or The Dark Knight...so it just feels like this overly expensive worst kind of B-Movie.

I wouldn't classify "Pitch Black" as a B Movie in what we see as B movies. low budget, Cheesy, one liners, shoot em up an mindless fun are what we see these days as B movies.

"Pitch Black" is so different then "Chronicles" and even "Riddick", because it was an actual serious Sci Fi drama. It had no cheesiness, not comedic (many parts of Riddick were), great characters we cared about, and serious all the way. This was Vin Before he was stereotyped as the the tuff guy, the deep voice and one liners. Him being stereotyped was incorporated into the Sequels (B movies) which ended up making them a bit cheesy at times.

If you watch "Pitch Black" and pay attention, his voice is deep, but very light at times as well (before he was known for the deep voice and used it at all times). He also didn't have many one liners, and definitely nothing cheesy. He had many scenes of long dialog (no so much in the sequels).

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Pitch Black isn't that serious... There's a ton of good campy one liners, and great humor used pretty much through-out the film.

If you don't want to call them B-Movies, then call them pulp movies. Which they are as well.

Pitch Black isn't that serious... There's a ton of good campy one liners, and great humor used pretty much through-out the film.

If you don't want to call them B-Movies, then call them pulp movies. Which they are as well.

I disagree, found "Pitch Black" a fairly serious Sci fi, with not a whole lot of humor, a little, but not to much. I doubt people were laughing at a good handful of parts like the audience was when I saw "Riddick". "Pitch Black" had much more of a serious tone through out then the sequels.

when was the last time you watched Pitch black?

some humor.

When Falco is warned not to touch a metal object sticking out the ground, he does so anyway... and it's just a metal plate. As he's walking away... BAM! the very trap he had been warned about gets him in the leg. Due to the timing, this is Actually Pretty Funny... at first.
When another merc says that Riddick "could be anywhere", the camera pans up to Riddick sunbathing on top of the ship.

Right before Riddick.

Some of my favorite comedic moments all involve Emam's kids getting taken out. :lol...perfect comedic timing for each of them.

Not to mention that amazing smash zoom showing Riddick chillin up on the top of the ship drinking brandy. It's got enough of those little campy moments for me to call it pulpy fun.

Back