Chronicle Collectibles : Rotunda T-rex : 1/9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I feel like the price of this piece is based on the overall size, the paint looks to be mostly airbrush work, not a lot of fine detail, certainly not a level of paint you'd think for this price point.

For comparison the Godzilla maquette was $550 cheaper than this and bigger.
And I think this should of been 1:8 to both impress me with the scale and have any remote interest in this at 2k locally.

The scale 1:9 is a strange size that they have chosen. Why not just 1:10 so people can add the Iron Studios human statues? 1:4 and 1:6 are the most populair among collectors, but that way it's too big...

For comparison the Godzilla maquette was $550 cheaper than this and bigger.
And I think this should of been 1:8 to both impress me with the scale and have any remote interest in this at 2k locally.

That grey blob is quite a bit smaller than the rex actually, and it was what 2 years ago, at todays SS prices it would probably cost the same as the rex.

The scale 1:9 is a strange size that they have chosen. Why not just 1:10 so people can add the Iron Studios human statues? 1:4 and 1:6 are the most populair among collectors, but that way it's too big...

They do other 1:9s, and I personally don't want any 1:10 people running around that wouldn't fit with the scene anyway, much rather have a larger rex by herself.

It might be a grey blob but it's just as detailed in the sculpt and is 2.5 inches taller and has more mass. There was a 24" maquette and a 16" statue released.

It might be a grey blob but it's just as detailed in the sculpt and is 2.5 inches taller and has more mass. There was a 24" maquette and a 16" statue released.

Not sure what specs you are looking at, this is also 24" tall and larger overall. Sideshow killed that piece with factory paintjob as I recall, and it was years ago. It would probably be $1200+ today.

I'm going off the sideshow product page: At approximately 21.5” tall by 22.5” in diameter, this is the LARGEST Tyrannosaurus-Rex ....
It doesn't matter dude I'm not trying to argue with all respect. I'm not buying it and I'll leave the thread be :)

looks very nice but price is way too much for what you get- 900 or so would have been more reasonable

I'm going off the sideshow product page: At approximately 21.5” tall by 22.5” in diameter, this is the LARGEST Tyrannosaurus-Rex ....
It doesn't matter dude I'm not trying to argue with all respect. I'm not buying it and I'll leave the thread be :)

Chronicle site specs were what I was going by, didn't see the different ones at SS. CC site lists it at 24"

I had my Chronicle BO Rex repainted by a good friend of mine that worked in old school practical fx back in the day, (how could I not?), but If it weren't for the decent sculpt on that one, I would've said I'd never order from them again, for that price there was no excuse for that paintwork. If I could do it all over again, and after seeing this, which will most likely have paint issues, and from what most of us are pointing out some serious sculpt issues, I'm thinking the Prime1 Rex would've been the ultimate Rex to own, at least so far. At the time, the Break Out Rex seemed like it was my one and only chance to own a (somewhat) movie accurate version of the T-Rex. This is my favorite shot in the movie and its too bad that its not done right. The previous sideshow one from years ago, (not technically the same shot, but from the same sequence), was even a bit off as well. Hopefully Prime1 or Iron Studios jump on that.

Back