Chronicle Collectibles : Rotunda T-rex : 1/9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be awesome if the proportions weren't off. The torso is too short with no neck and a tiny head.

And from what I've seen Chronicle's final paint apps aren't that great. This is my favorite shot from the movie so I want to like this.

Where did you see it will be larger? I thought they said 1/15 like the other one they are doing?

They said it themselves on Facebook yesterday: it'll be 1:8.

Edit: here's the quote:

We have inquiry about our Rotunda T-REX will be reveal at Wonderfest Winter 2019 the scale will be 1/8 scale.

I just feel this piece is missing something, its not dynamic enough, is it missing some more back drop pieces? Maybe I envisioned the banner to be above the rex.

Seems like a direct translation of this.

Q0BrVxF.jpg

I'm curious what these companies use for reference as far as the paint scheme, even the nicest paint jobs on these mass production pieces rarely look accurate to the Winston model and either look more like the CGI or something in between practical and CGI models.

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-011.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-012.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-013.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-014.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-015.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-016.jpg

NYCC-2018-Chronicle-017.jpg

41798755_326050138156619_3999985608345487717_n.jpg

42919872_335072620382710_2291136887777073526_n.jpg

41929044_1921272564621871_1481434026725193534_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they didn't base it on the cgi model which had a VERY long neck in that scene. Just watch it.

There is a huge discussion over on SF about that subject. Some are claiming that the neck was elongated during production to allow the rex to turn. Some theorize that it is okay for a 2D representation, but wouldn't work for a 3D statue. It would look really elongated on the other side. I think I am in agreement with that, but it is hard to swallow when you are used to seeing it a certain way. Not sure whether to applaud CC or cry.

There is a huge discussion over on SF about that subject. Some are claiming that the neck was elongated during production to allow the rex to turn. Some theorize that it is okay for a 2D representation, but wouldn't work for a 3D statue. It would look really elongated on the other side. I think I am in agreement with that, but it is hard to swallow when you are used to seeing it a certain way. Not sure whether to applaud CC or cry.

Statues are often sculpted with one prime viewing angle, shouldn't be concerned if one angle looks odd if the prime one looks accurate.

I don't see the value here. Nice as it is...

It's rare I ever see value in this hobby now as much as I still enjoy it. The only thing I bought that I saw relative value in over the last couple of years is the Prime 1 Life-size ID4 Alien bust. A huge piece, beautifully produced with translucent resin for not much more than Sideshow are laughably asking for their latest half scale plastic Wolf Predator bust. Rather than value, I think I just look for things that really wow me now and stuff I expect I'll want to keep long term, as trying to sell this stuff now isn't what it used to be. I like this Rex, but I'm not paying this much for it...

Back