Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replied to that post. It's definitely not plastic. It's too heavy to be plastic and doesn't feel like that when you touch it, it's mostly resin. Many parts are metal (screws) or flexible metal (hoses), the minigun loader is soft rubber and there are some PVC/ABS parts but I can't point them out. Legs are very light but surely not plastic, it would bend immediatly under the weight of the torso. The statue is a bulky 1:6 scale but don't expect it to be heavyweight - it's around 4kgs, I'd say, which is around 1kg less than Rhino Comiquette. This is my impression from seeing it and touching it in person, official stats is that it's made of around 275 resin parts and another 250 parts which are metal, rubber, PVC, ABS.

Btw, it "looks" exactly like you see in the pics. Imho, it's the perfect representation of the character, from sculpt to paint app.

I replied to that post. It's definitely not plastic. It's too heavy to be plastic and doesn't feel like that when you touch it, it's mostly resin. Many parts are metal (screws) or flexible metal (hoses), the minigun loader is soft rubber and there are some PVC/ABS parts but I can't point them out. Legs are very light but surely not plastic, it would bend immediatly under the weight of the torso. The statue is a bulky 1:6 scale but don't expect it to be heavyweight - it's around 4kgs, I'd say, which is around 1kg less than Rhino Comiquette. This is my impression from seeing it and touching it in person, official stats is that it's made of around 275 resin parts and another 250 parts which are metal, rubber, PVC, ABS.

Btw, it "looks" exactly like you see in the pics. Imho, it's the perfect representation of the character, from sculpt to paint app.

thank you for sharing.
Some commented robocain painting is not nice.
Really hope ED209 is "perfect", I have been struggling for this statue for many mths before make decision.
And I have spent about 1/2 IM price for this statue (after currency conversion).

You can find a lot of HD pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulburn3d/sets/72157651506251745/

there's a zoom function too. What you see here it's how the statue actually is. Paint app is perfect imho, lots of tiny details, precise application, it has that dull and dirty metallic finish that the on-screen Cain had. If people are expecting a shiny and glossy Iron Man metallic finish, that's not happening, Cain is not like that in the movie.
I see your point btw, I've spent nearly 1300€ for Cain and I consider myself nitpicky. Never spent that much on a single piece and if someone told me, a few months ago, that I would have spent that amount on a 1:6 scale piece I would have lughed hard. But no regrets, I can see where that money has gone honestly.
This is not a statue, it's a huge model kit that comes assembled, if you look carefully at the pics above you can see the huge amount of craftmanship that went into it.

He said it ' LOOKS PLASTIC AND LIGHT !!' Pre order cancelled.

LOL That's what you get for listening to morons.
I have Cain and I'm eagerly waiting for ED209.
Those who say Cain LOOKS plastic and light doesn't even know what they are talking about.
It is a solid piece of collectible and heavy enough.
Here it is, after a few retouch and repaint.
NBDdAQ.jpg

This is my concern.
Of course, we know it won be as good as proto, but i just hope I don have to spend extra money or additional efforts for the statue, with this pricing

Anyway, will wait for final product.

This is my concern.
Of course, we know it won be as good as proto, but i just hope I don have to spend extra money or additional efforts for the statue, with this pricing

Anyway, will wait for final product.

I agree with this. I don't attempt to repaint expensive collectibles. I'm betting that Chroncle's production ED's will turn out nice though. They are made in Toynami's factory in China which supposedly has top notch QC. Cinemaquette uses them, and their stuff is excellent from production.

I agree with this. I don't attempt to repaint expensive collectibles. I'm betting that Chroncle's production ED's will turn out nice though. They are made in Toynami's factory in China which supposedly has top notch QC. Cinemaquette uses them, and their stuff is excellent from production.

robocain is not made by toynami?

robocain is not made by toynami?

He must be, that's the factory they use. I don't have Cain, but it seems like most reviews are positive. Some people get too hung up on weight. If the paint apps are bad I'm sure they could reach out to Chronicle about it.

On the pics it looks very nice.But a statue for this money should be very heavyweight.

You are paying for an accurately licensed figure / prop replica, of a figure that was hard to get accurate.

Signed by it's creator/designer. Brought to you by the people the help create him in the first place.

You are not paying for the weight.
I can mail you enough rocks that weight 4 times as much for half the price. ;)

You are paying for an accurately licensed figure / prop replica, of a figure that was hard to get accurate.

Signed by it's creator/designer. Brought to you by the people the help create him in the first place.

I can mail you enough rocks that weight 4 times as much for half the price. ;)

I second that :)

Thank you patriot666

:exactly:

These Chronicle replicas are part of an elite class of collectibles.

and taking Cain's design into consideration, if he was solid and heavy it would've been next to impossible for those chicken legs to support his massive torso.

LOL That's what you get for listening to morons.
I have Cain and I'm eagerly waiting for ED209.
Those who say Cain LOOKS plastic and light doesn't even know what they are talking about.
It is a solid piece of collectible and heavy enough.
View attachment 180814

yeah that pic is drool worthy. i love the bright clean color of the chestplate.

Back