Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the SS endo skull was actually chromed right? However that was done it's the best chrome finish I've seen. Mirror like shine.

You are paying for an accurately licensed figure / prop replica, of a figure that was hard to get accurate.

Signed by it's creator/designer. Brought to you by the people the help create him in the first place.

You are not paying for the weight.
I can mail you enough rocks that weight 4 times as much for half the price. ;)

I haven´t sayed that its not a great piece...I only said it would be a better piece when it has a higher weight.That feels more premium together with the other points.Hollow statues are always a little bit cheap in my eyes.It can look very nice..but when you hold it in your hand it fells like cheap platic.Everybody has other quality features.So when the weight is not important for you...no problem.:wink1:

Cain is nothing hollow. It is made of solid resin. I cut through it, you can trust me.
It is god damn solid.

Yes, I'm quite baffled at people expecting an heavyweight piece. He's a bulky 1:6 scale and heavier than most 1:6 scale pieces I've owned/lifted, as heavy as some of the smaller 1:4 scales (like Asajj PF, to mention one I owned) or hollow 1:4 scales like Rhino. For his size, he's heavy enough.
Legs are light and thin, but that's how he was designed, and you can tell they're surprisingly tough because they manage to keep up the bulky torso and arms.

Cain is nothing hollow. It is made of solid resin. I cut through it, you can trust me.
It is god damn solid.

You...did...what!!!???

lewis-robocop.jpg

Cut, saw, dremel....you name it ;)
So I could repaint him and pose the arms and helmet like I want.

Great job Cain (following you on Facebook, BTW). A question, tho: why did you feel the need to repaint it? I see you've gone for a clean version without the dirt, but I gotta say that the dirty paint app really fits the character and the atmosphere from the movie.

The original painting just hide too much details and I'm not too fond of BD.
I won't retouch too much my second Cain, I will just clean a few spots.

The Owner of Chronicle, Paul just posted this image over on State Forum.

Hot Toys ED-209 next to Chronicle ED-209
11174918_10205389860638678_8352794998073818170_n.jpg
[/

That's a gorgeous-looking piece but yeah, not quite 1/6.

Maybe one of these days, HT will find a lull in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and put its own RoboCain up for PO. Yeah right.

Maybe one of these days, HT will find a lull in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and put its own RoboCain up for PO. Yeah right.

That's gonna be one hell of a task as Cain is arguably the single most complex statue ever produced. due to weight distribtion and balance issues, Hot Toys will have major problems getting Cain to stand an remain standing without being affixed to a base.

I watched Robocop again recently, and you can definitely tell that the Chronicle is what you see on screen. Cool to see these two side by side. The HT is a good value IMO, it's just second best. :wink1:

That's gonna be one hell of a task as Cain is arguably the single most complex statue ever produced. due to weight distribtion and balance issues, Hot Toys will have major problems getting Cain to stand an remain standing without being affixed to a base.

I'll be surprised if they go ahead with him.

Does chronicle ed 209 bigger than hot toys one ? Chronicle mentioned so .. but from photo it is smaller

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Does chronicle ed 209 bigger than hot toys one ? Chronicle mentioned so .. but from photo it is smaller

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Chronicle's is smaller. Exactly the size of the screen used prop.

11174918_10205389860638678_8352794998073818170_n.jpg

I'm baffled at the amount of people thinking that somehow, Hot Toys has made a "truer" 1:6 scale than Phil Tippett himself.

Back