Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard anything new? I assume our CAINs are being held hostage in a shipping container on a SoCal dock. I'm also waiting on my Sideshow Keaton Batman PF; also being held up by the dock troubles. Ugh. This blows...

From Paul E.Francis, Chronicle collectibles:
"It has arrived in Japan and a few of our other overseas distributors.
Hoping to see people posting pics.
I was told around the 20th we'll have our order here in TX."
Paul
As soon as Cain arrives in Chronicle collectibles warehouse, they will start shipping them everywhere else.

From Paul E.Francis, Chronicle collectibles:
"It has arrived in Japan and a few of our other overseas distributors.
Hoping to see people posting pics.
I was told around the 20th we'll have our order here in TX."
Paul
As soon as Cain arrives in Chronicle collectibles warehouse, they will start shipping them everywhere else.

Outstanding. Any and all new information is appreciated. Thanks, man!

"With the LA Dock Workers strike and the holidays our products have been pushed back. We had hoped to have Cain out before Christmas.

The port is so backed up that they are telling us that it could be as late as the 20-30th of January.

On the upside some of our international distributors have already received Cain and they are shipping now.

We are including several things for our direct purchase website customers, 1/6th remote control and we are trying to get one more bonus package to include with orders placed through our website.
A COA (Toynami Cinemaquette style) is included worldwide no matter where you bought your Cain.

ED-209 and the Terror Dog were slated for December delivery and now those have been pushed into February.

We are working hard to avoid these delays in the future, please be patient. If you need to contact us about your order please do not hesitate.

[email protected]"

For those who ordered Cain and have been waiting for him to clear those pesky docks in California...

Just got Word, Cain is being loaded onto a truck!!!!!!!!!

YES!

aVDXSJN.gif

:hi5:

^Cool idea for a shot, although one thinks they should have put in some sort of corresponding suspension movement from the truck as Cain steps out of it.

For sure, one of those little touches that would have helped sell that shot much better. :lol

There are some great stop-motion sequences in that movie though, just re-watched the Blu-Ray the other day. So many little details I never noticed before that Tippett put into Cain's movement. His animation is so awesome to watch.

According to Paul, Cain and ED-209 were cast part for part from Tippett's original stop-motion puppets, and those were made at 1/6 scale.

Here's some great info on the creation of the Cain effects for the movie..

RoboCop Terminator movie

...and a great video about the work that Chronicle put into making the replica.

Replicating the Original Robocop 2 Cain Stop-Motion Puppet - Tested

Awesome stuff, I'm going to end up getting one of these with the payment plan before they sell out on the second batch. Just looks too awesome to miss out on.

:yess:

2 things from that video.

1) He mentions how MGM has gone back to update their library based on the extra original production information found. And that information can then be used for future manufacturing.

2) In the end he says you will be able to get your Cain fix over the next few years.

I recall in the beginning people said there were never many/good Cains out there due to not having good, accurate, much knowledge on all of his detail and parts. But now they they do...

Does that mean there will be more/other Cains now? (not specifically from Chronicles)
maybe a larger scale?

Back