Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park 1/5 Stan Winston T-Rex Wall Mounted Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall correctly, the Chronicle guy (Paul?) said they'd be doing quite a few Rex statues in different scales. So there's opportunity there for many varying poses.

Iconic Rex pose but I'd rather have seen her in a more natural pose, such as just as she breaks out of her paddock and steps out.

I'm sure there'll be some choices, but that Roar!!! one would be fantastic! Really, I'm just stoked that someone is working on the JP license again! I'm not sure if I'll be in for anything outside of a really, solid T-Rex, but that's easy to say before we see Owen and Blue and whatever else they work up! :lol

I'm sure there'll be some choices, but that Roar!!! one would be fantastic! Really, I'm just stoked that someone is working on the JP license again! I'm not sure if I'll be in for anything outside of a really, solid T-Rex, but that's easy to say before we see Owen and Blue and whatever else they work up! :lol

It will be great to finally see a solid Rex collectible! Looking forward to seeing Blue too.

Yeah I'm definitely in for a 24 inch Rex. Interested in seeing the 1/6 Blue as well... Hope they're affordable.

JP was my first obsession, even before superheroes and Star Wars. I was six when it came out. Hoping they make some original raptors too. I'm glad they're doing all different scales, I don't have the space for a 5 foot long dino.

Really damn excited. I love this series so much and i won't be able to pass on this stuff. I hope it'll all be spaced enough so i can afford it all.

Im saving up for the 1/5 scale Rex. Really hope the do the full body. I know its huge but for the whole wow factor you can't get any better short of having the full sized one sitting in your living room. Course if you have a living room bug enough for the full sized one you wouldn't be woried about the price.

It is. Currently third on their list. First will be Hammond's cane, then 1/6 Pratt and Blue, then this in maquette form at 24 inches long. The 1/5 rex head mount got pushed back.

:yess: That is a definite want.

I would love the T-Rex, too, but that's a space/display issue and depending on the timing of the release.

They just posted this picture on Facebook! Not sure which Rex it is, or what size it's for, but it's a teaser of a WIP nonetheless that I thought you guys may want to see!

1544958_1634019960191176_1064521813853897845_n.jpg

That's very impressive, but I feel like a pose like that is best suited in a diorama with an environment, is the plan to include this in a diorama? Just standing like that with noting else feels a little boring for a display piece that'll take up space and cost a good chunk. I'd rather something like Papo's pose for a lone Rex.

That's very impressive, but I feel like a pose like that is best suited in a diorama with an environment, is the plan to include this in a diorama? Just standing like that with noting else feels a little boring for a display piece that'll take up space and cost a good chunk. I'd rather something like Papo's pose for a lone Rex.

As I mentioned, this is a diorama of the Rex stepping out of the broken fence between the two Explorers. The vehicles will not be included though, just the mangled fence. The leg positions still need to be changed slightly to match the scene.

Looking forward to casts of the original maquettes more than anything. Love the original movie. I have a few of the smaller ones but the large ones like the rex and the triceratops have never really been out accept as busts.

That bellowing/roaring stance doesn't translate well to a statue. Looks like T-Rex is suffering the consequences of not eating her veggies.

That bellowing/roaring stance doesn't translate well to a statue. Looks like T-Rex is suffering the consequences of not eating her veggies.

This is one of the most iconic scenes in the movie. What do you want them to do with it?
jurassic-park.jpg

Back