Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park 1/5 Stan Winston T-Rex Wall Mounted Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That lost a whole lot of detail from the proto

t-rex-1_5-bueste-aus-jurassic-park_-the-lost-world-60-cm_TOY0028_5.jpg

Glad you're happy though.

That lost a whole lot of detail from the proto

View attachment 311167

Glad you're happy though.
Thanks for posting that picture Collectorcol. It gives me a guide for touching mine up. I mentioned over at SF that the paint on the production piece was really lackluster, and for those who actually have it in hand, this proves it. Paint is way too thin, and either way too much green or not nearly enough brown, whichever you prefer. The paint on the proto looks like skin as opposed to overspray on Styrofoam. You expect some drop off in quality with the production piece, however, in this case, it totally lost all of its realism.

I hope the Breakout Rex doesn't suffer from a big drop in quality. I'm on the 10 month flex plan for that, last one is in the spring.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It differs slightly from the production pieces but I think people seem to forget that these are professionally photographed also. I currently don't have a open space to hang him up so unfortunately he will be sitting in his box for a while but I'm pleased with him.

I'm a bit worried for Breakout also.

'Slight' differences down to 'professional photography'?
Compare this area alone, nevermind the colour scheme...

20161223_144050.jpg

20161223_144023.jpg

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

I'm a bit worried for Breakout also.

'Slight' differences down to 'professional photography'?
Compare this area alone, nevermind the colour scheme...

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

If your referring to me, I'm not trying to convince myself... I just know I'm not going to get a production finish and simply stated I'm pleased with my T-Rex.

Back