Chronicle Collectibles Conan the Barbarian 1/4 King Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The statement was referring to the quote "I've yet to see a Cronicle piece do well on the secondary market"
Cronicle makes Genisys Terminator ators, not T1 and T2, hence the secondary market low sales.if they made T1 and T2 things would be different

They have to start somewhere in order to move up to those licenses.

Collectors in general do not care about such things.

Of course we dont, the reality though is there are not as many "collectors" as there are "casual fans" who buy cool things.
Like I said, the democratic is smaller for Cain, so a piece from a larger more popular film will usually have higher secondary demand and a higher price..
Usually.
If Cronicle were making Conan the Destroyer I would say they wouldn't increase in value as much as Conan the Barbarian just like Genisys and Robocop 2.
If course just my opinion/onservation, I could be totally wrong.

They have to start somewhere in order to move up to those licenses.
Totally, I'm glad they (Cronicle ) are around. Not knocking their work,it's good. That's why I said Conan will double in value. The fact is, as good as the Genisys stuff is, there will be less passion and nostalgia for the merchandise. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia

Totally, I'm glad they (Cronicle ) are around. Not knocking their work,it's good. That's why I said Conan will double in value. The fact is, as good as the Genisys stuff is, there will be less passion and nostalgia for the merchandise. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia

Just curious, are you dictating to a computer for all of your posts?

13076810.jpg

This looks very promising.

Of course we dont, the reality though is there are not as many "collectors" as there are "casual fans" who buy cool things.
Like I said, the democratic is smaller for Cain, so a piece from a larger more popular film will usually have higher secondary demand and a higher price..
Usually.
If Cronicle were making Conan the Destroyer I would say they wouldn't increase in value as much as Conan the Barbarian just like Genisys and Robocop 2.
If course just my opinion/onservation, I could be totally wrong.

Not even trying to be a ****, but this is how you spell Chronicle. Not "Cronicle." I haven't seen one piece produced from Chronicle that has fetched for anything higher than the retail price. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but quite a few of their statues/busts have sold for about $50-100 less after they have started shipping.

I haven't seen one piece produced from Chronicle that has fetched for anything higher than the retail price. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but quite a few of their statues/busts have sold for about $50-100 less after they have started shipping.

Give it some time. The ultimate test is time.

Not even trying to be a ****, but this is how you spell Chronicle. Not "Cronicle." I haven't seen one piece produced from Chronicle that has fetched for anything higher than the retail price. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but quite a few of their statues/busts have sold for about $50-100 less after they have started shipping.

You just shattered my entire world.
Thanks.

Seriously though, this is great news for people like you who are upset about the price. You can wait until it has released and pick it up for $600-650. That puts it in the price range of the Pops 1/4 retail.

I didn't realize their products dropped that much. I may pick up the Pops when it drops to 550. Thanks!

I just hope Chhronicle can stay in business long enough to make more Conan products

So will this be sold and pre-ordered only through Chronicle or through Sideshow as well?

Please elaborate!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I only know what I have read here in this thread- all Chhronicle releases drop in value and people buy them and then sell them for less money (about 100 dollars) than they paid for them.
So if you hold out a month or two, someone will dump this for about 650.00.

The Conan was to going to be my first peice from them, until I was made aware of their value dropping. I have decided to hold out for a deal after someone else buys it and decides to dump it for cheap.
I've also been told that Chhronicle pieces don't sell out, so no worry about that either.

Thanks for the heads up! Thats good to know and ill keep that in mind!

Im pretty new to collecting statues but really like this piece, I might still have to pre-order it because i dont want to pass this one up. If it drops in price like you said lesson learned, and you have the right to tell me you told me so!!!

Just have to see how much they are going to sell it for and that will determine alot of whether i drop down for this right away or wait.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

the edition size will be the best gauge on the aftermarket price.

not all of chronicle's items sell for lower than msrp. Try and find the 1/4 scale endo or one of the Stargate pieces without paying a premium.

Back