Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4aeac8accb8fe01adbc019e89629e7ad.jpg

73f5f2aa0ad33483e0f3e62b2f17276e.jpg

4ad42c9a2c875f2709c9f6b52126bd4d.jpg

WOW!:yess:

Absolutely stoked we have waited too long to honor James in 1/6 no doubt he will get a release also i hope.

Thulsa Doom is in development now!

Anyone interested in a Temple Doom with an alternate snake head? That's not a hint - honestly looking for feedback. Thanks!

Well you got my interest here. By Temple Doom, you mean the robed version, correct? I'd like to see the Snake Head on that but can see why it'd be skipped for the Armoured Doom - good luck fitting the helmet on that particular head! :lol:

What's funny is that dead Thulsa Doom looks more alive than living Conan. :lol:

I guess James Earl Jones really is that good an actor. :)

Absolutely stoked we have waited too long to honor James in 1/6 no doubt he will get a release also i hope.

Here's to hoping. ^_^

Welcome. Cool first post.

Anyone know if these are through ssc? Retailers? Or only direct from the manufacturer?

I like the body but those eyes look wrong, like a CG render.

They most likely did use the cg render they had for Genisys Arnold. They said they're tweaking the regular version. It'll have a different expression.

This should be a great line to keep an eye on. I did enjoy Arnold's first outing as Conan, but the second one... not so much.

The second was more kid friendly, hence bigger box office. And i think they took something off the character for the second one. In the first conan was hungry and pissed off.

This should be a great line to keep an eye on. I did enjoy Arnold's first outing as Conan, but the second one... not so much.

Same here. Conan may have had few lines in the first one, and the acting was largely unpolished, but there was something about that that made it work for me. Probably because they (Arnie and Sandahl) had been chosen for their athletic ability as opposed to acting ability.

I like Conan the Barbarian more for while being a relatively simple story, is told well for me, you see Conan grow and develop, the music (especially the music), the sets, the costumes, even Doom himself, they all feel as if they come from a time that pre-dates written History.

The second was more kid friendly, hence bigger box office. And i think they took something off the character for the second one. In the first conan was hungry and pissed off.

I think that's a reason why the second one doesn't hold as well. Not to mention despite a slightly higher budget, the Destroyer feels as if it had been made with half the funding of the Barbarian.

Plus, in Barbarian. Conan while not the most intellectual, was smart, able to learn both on the spot and over time, and knew how to think his way through problems (Battle of the Mound). Destroyer Conan felt like dumb muscle to me.

There can really be no comparison between the first and second movies. The tone is completely different and if you have seen any of the behind the scenes stuff on the first film, John Milius was really specific about every little detail including how Conan held and swung his sword.

The second film being a long shot from how awesome the original was, is still a very enjoyable film and makes me laugh. With the switching of the thief roles to a comic relief side kick it was pretty obvious of the tonal shift but I did really enjoy Grace Jones' character and I like the villainess as well. As a kid in the theater that demon/Dagon thing at the end with the sideways mouth freaked me out as did Conan ripping his horn off and it spewing everywhere.

The only thing that really messes with it are the dated SFX/VFX in terms of the mirror wizard once he starts getting slashed and then the end Dagon guy looks like a rubber suit in some of the wide shots but I can forgive it. I still quote and laugh at the scene where Conan gets drunk. Very different Conan than the one stating the "best things in life" from the first.

Changing Subotai to a mumbling idiot was the thing that annoyed me most in the sequel.

I saw Destroyer first. And i was thinking i really didnt get the hype behind the character. It wasnt a bad movie but ppl talked about conan in this revered tone.

Then i saw Barbarian and had a better understanding. Barbarian was just a much darker movie. Conan wasnt looking to save anyone, just get revenge.

The music for the first one is really good. It needed to be because of the lack of dialogue thru large sections of the movie.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

hair also need more detailing with multiple layers or to be rooted if it done correctly
now they don't look very good

Will the gaunlet/braces be sculpted on the arms or removable? I would get two one for conan and i would use the other body for a custom t-800 arrival figure. "Your clothes give them to me, now"

hair also need more detailing with multiple layers or to be rooted if it done correctly
now they don't look very good

Looks on par with any other 1/6 release.

Rooted hair at that scale is just messy and problematic .... and leads to threads where its impossible not to sound creepy discussing the best ways to wet and comb the hair of your doll. It all just sounds one step from, "It puts the lotion on itself, or it gets the hose again." :D

Back