Chronicle Collectibles 1:2 Robocop Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, waiting on Lee.

Just spent not much more than this, will probably be, on another Chronicle Robo piece.
Look forward to seeing it next week.

My apologies if that's a downer, but really I think the black bits being shiny you could overlook as like a hybrid between the first and second film look. But that visor, when it's a bust, not a whole figure, is pretty significant. From the side it looks better, but head on, he's kind of goofy looking, like he's put in his Dad's visor instead of his own and it's too big.

Loads of people will get the piece and not notice or care, but for some, when it's the price of a new games console, these things really matter and need to be dead on. Otherwise when the next product comes along and gets it right, unless you collect everything, you regret getting something flawed.

I know the Fred Barton bust was 1:1 and there were major issues with quality control, but just in terms of the design, look at the visor on that and then look at this one - the tell is how low the line coming from the visor is in relation to the bolt on the side of the head. If you correct that, as I did on the photoshopped image you're commenting on and also reduce the width of it then you get the right visor and also the right amount of space beneath the visor. The Chroncicle, as is this time without manipulation, is just too low, look at the line from the visor to the side of head bolt on all three;

View attachment 298352

No apologies needed. I knew something looked "off" and I hope they fix this. It's one thing to produce a piece like the Alien or the Predator, with all of its intricacies, that some things may be off. However, this blatant inaccuracy, should not be overlooked because of its simple design.

Looks close enough to me. I only have a hot toys ed 209
In my collection and since nobody else seems to be doing any RoboCop licenses for 300 bucks this is a steal for me. Who cares if it off by a mlillimeter with the visor still looks like
Robocop
And Peter wellers mouth. Ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2vt8bx3.jpg

This looks very cool, but for some reason it just doesn't have that "wow" factor to me.

Thanks. I and others were just as tough on Hot Toys, Enterbay, PCS - I'm not partisan for any company or product. People just care about the character getting an interpretation that is worthy of investment.

But many people here will be delighted with this piece if they alter this detail or not. Or if they go the well worn route of the production paint not being what we see on the prototype - it's a minority of the audience for these that knows or cares about this stuff.

To 99.9% of people this looks exactly like RoboCop and I genuinely wish everyone and Chronicle the best of success with that. But for me, there's a world between this bust and the things Hot Toys and others produce one on side and then on the other side Chronicle's pieces from the studio miniatures of RoboCop 2 and ED-209.

The Hot Toys ED looks really damn good, until you see the Chronicle and you realise the HT is just a very good impression of it, whereas the Chronicle is basically owning what you see on screen. Ditto their RoboCop 2.

This bust is an interpretation, not from a studio item and so is at a far lower and surely fair asking price for what it is. And is bound to look killer on any shelf :)

I agree 100% with what you've said. You bring up a really great point on this. Overall, the bust does look nice, but a simple thing like the visor being off a bit does make a difference....well, at least to the 1% of us anyways.

Just a heads up. Paul updates and communicates a lot over on the statueforum (https://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175) for all their releases. The visor was brought up and Paul said that they'll be fixing it for production.

Regarding the visor, when the resin castings were made I fear that our guys may have sanded them a little to much cleaning out the visor area. The original print lines up with direct photo overlays from the film. We will be sending the original prints to the factory for production.

We worked with some very knowledgable people regarding Robocop to get this one 100%.

There are details in the neck area that you can't even see on film that we put into the bust.

It's selling well, we'll need to see how it goes after 30 days to see if we will be producing more from Robocop.

It is what it is. Looks really good to me.

If it's not to your specific taste probably time to move on as they're not going to resculpt the whole piece.

Not even sure what you're saying now. The bolt is a couple of mm out of place?

I've been collecting for a long time so I know I shouldn't be surprised about people complaining, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get old. I don't know how Paul deals with it.

I've been collecting for a long time so I know I shouldn't be surprised about people complaining, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get old. I don't know how Paul deals with it.

I can't make out what he's saying either, but we all have our favorite licenses. I could sit and pick apart an Alien or Predator statue all day long while others whine at me and say it's perfect. I don't have the knowledge or desire to do so with this one as I'm not passionate enough about the character. But it seems he is, and it is part of this hobby that we all have to get used to. He isn't ruining it for me and he did it in a polite manner so it's cool, it looks good.

I can't make out what he's saying either, but we all have our favorite licenses. I could sit and pick apart an Alien or Predator statue all day long while others whine at me and say it's perfect. I don't have the knowledge or desire to do so with this one as I'm not passionate enough about the character. But it seems he is, and it is part of this hobby that we all have to get used to. He isn't ruining it for me and he did it in a polite manner so it's cool, it looks good.

True, I just look at what Chronicle is doing with this bust and, with the exception of the visor (which they've already addressed), I don't think there's much room for complaint. When they get the guy that worked on the film to paint the damn thing, it shows how much care they're taking to get the piece more accurate than most Robocop collectibles out there. If it's a valid complaint, like the Sideshow P2 statue not having ****ing quills on his head, then I get it. Nitpicking a few millimeters is beyond me.

Back