Chronicle Collectibles 1:2 Robocop Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same transition away from hot toys and more toward statues.
I agree about the terminator leds, but for me, I like the idea of having them, I just never use them.

And post some pics of the Terminator when you get time!

I agree with that as an approach but it bugs me how these companies tend not to say what these things are made of. If they are in archival material then that would be a major selling point over plastic items, for me at least.

A lot of statues are mixed media, so you won't escape the same issues you have on Hot Toys....like the sticky jacket on Sideshow's premium format Terminator 1.
Non mixed media are usually polystone. That is pretty durable and long lasting, Sideshow is very open about materials if you hit them up on their chat function.
Most hard plastics will last and last, like the sun glasses on the T1 I mentioned. I expect to one day have my T1 wearing a rotted jacket and perfect sunglasses.

Nothing can withstand years od sunlight and extreme temperatures, so there is that.

Basically, an all polystone painted statue/bust like this Robocop or their Terminator Genisys should last 50 plus years if cared for properly.

I'm not an expert, I hope other here have more info on this too....

I'm in the same transition away from hot toys and more toward statues.
I agree about the terminator leds, but for me, I like the idea of having them, I just never use them.

And post some pics of the Terminator when you get time!

I will, but they'll be IPhone pics!

I did sell most of my HT off, I've only got 4 left. The super-preds and the Robocop. And a bunch of NECAs. It's more about HT's attitude towards my favourite licenses. They've dropped-them-but-they-haven't. Dropped them mid-line too.

And the effort gone into the Terminator and Alien figs doesn't seem to match up with the effort they put into Marvel pieces. And the WAITING! So, glad I made the switch. Less pressure on the wallet too; keeps you out of that collectors mind-set. Reckon my collection will be around 10 pieces max, and I'm outta the game.

Love it, just not sure I like the size. Have the Terminator, but it looks a tad too small...

Announced on the last live stream that this will start shipping in 30-45 days. I took a couple pics at the Dallas convention last month. They said the paint would be tweaked a bit for the production piece.

TkunAYl.jpg

Fdq8CSS.jpg

Nice pics Zod.
Is the helmet well proportioned to face? Looks large but I'm no expert.

Anyways, this is back on my radar having cleared some space.
Think it will look great next to Arnie.

In the recent Chronicle Facebook Live session when this was shown, the face looks really gaunt when seen from below. I believe that the helmet is fine. Its the human part that's off.

In the recent Chronicle Facebook Live session when this was shown, the face looks really gaunt when seen from below. I believe that the helmet is fine. Its the human part that's off.

Agreed. The lips have a weird cartoonish quality to them.

Back