Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

That's what you get for referencing bad films. ;)

Pffft, there are people that watched Superman III more than once? ;)

I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've watched the original Superman movies--suffice it to say its a lot--even the crappy 4th one. However, two great things about Superman III: 1) very little Margot Kidder and 2) Evil Superman. The almost-Brainiac bit at the end could have been great but honestly that part still scares the crap out of me. I think watching it when I was younger traumatized me for life.

word when that **** goes on that lady's face omg so scary

It was the blank, gray eyes.

i-mockery-superman-iii-computer-robot-cyborg.gif

I rewatched that scene for the first time since childhood a few years ago, thinking "I was probably freaked out about that because I was a kid..." Nope... It was still freaky.

do not test Nuclear Man's patience sir, he will unleash hot fury from his nuclear nails;

nuclear-man-superman-iv.jpg

Hahaha! Nuclear Man....I forgot all about this movie and this character.

A lot of customs look like garbage too.

I have never seen a custom that I am 100% happy with let alone one that justifies the ludicrous prices. I think people just need to see this one in hand and they'll more than likely be turned on to it.

Maybe not that much lol I can't remember, I recall those silicon 1/1 busts of Ripley and Marty Mcfly - they looked amazing, real clothes on them etc but several thousands of dollars.

Gah... Thanks for bringing back my childhood demons with Computer Gal. I saw that in a cinema and didn't sleep for weeks...just like when all the wires were wrapped around Reeve's face....no amount of Pryor goofing on a mule could make up for that horror!

The Kim sculpt is way better than the Black SS Sculpt. The jaw line is better and Kim has the shape of Reeve's eyes just right. The SS sculpt has the lower eyelids squinty and not as rounded as Kim's. There seems to also be a slight furrowing of the brow on the SS where Kim's sculpt is relaxed and just the natrual shape of the eyebrows.

I'm still in, there's enough of Reeve there and I can't afford to go buying customs. Now I'm considering the MOS PF...

Agreed...Kim's sculpt is superior in every way to Black's. I understand and respect Spidey976's point of view, but for me, Kim's sculpt is pretty much perfect...

LOL I don't expect many to understand my point of view, but for me it is the difference between looking at a TOTALLY original drawing of say Batman and anothe that is almost an exact duplicate of a Jim Lee piece. Both have their artistic marit, and the "Jim Lee" piece may even be nicer to look at, heck the other artist may even have looked at some reference, but the one that is not a xerox has more interpretation involved. I have spent the lion share of a decade trying to develop my own ways of looking at a reference and then inferring and developing a piece, so I respect and prefer this types of work for the most part. Kim's painted sculpt is better than Black's, but I prefer Black's unpainted over Kim's. it is just a preference thing folks because I think BOTH look great.

LOL I don't expect many to understand my point of view, but for me it is the difference between looking at a TOTALLY original drawing of say Batman and anothe that is almost an exact duplicate of a Jim Lee piece. Both have their artistic marit, and the "Jim Lee" piece may even be nicer to look at, heck the other artist may even have looked at some reference, but the one that is not a xerox has more interpretation involved. I have spent the lion share of a decade trying to develop my own ways of looking at a reference and then inferring and developing a piece, so I respect and prefer this types of work for the most part. Kim's painted sculpt is better than Black's, but I prefer Black's unpainted over Kim's. it is just a preference thing folks because I think BOTH look great.

I understand your arguments and in the end to each their own but I think that the way you see it would be more justified if we were talking about an interpretation of a comic book character or a fantasy character etc.
When we deal with a statue titled "Christopher Reeve" than it has to be Christopher Reeve. We are dealing with the "exact" depiction of an actor and not with the artistic take on him or Superman.
Anyway this is how I see it.

lol, the last few pages were fun to read.

As for customs, I agree many are not done well. But, there are FANTASTIC versions out there for less than $1k.

I understand your arguments and in the end to each their own but I think that the way you see it would be more justified if we were talking about an interpretation of a comic book character or a fantasy character etc.
When we deal with a statue titled "Christopher Reeve" than it has to be Christopher Reeve. We are dealing with the "exact" depiction of an actor and not with the artistic take on him or Superman.

Exactly! Well said. :)

Of course, if I'm not mistaken, before photography was invented, I think that it was a normal practice for commissioned artists to paint nobility "better looking" than they really were. Correcting flaws in their appearance so that future generations would be none-the-wiser.

I'm not saying that was done here, I was skimpy making a comment. In this case, I do feel that the sculpt should have mirrored the subject as closely as possible although there was definitely room for interpretation of the serious facial expression. I do prefer the serious look more so than a friendlier face.

Those who have preordered. Under your account details does it state that you have ordered the exclusive or not?

I clicked through the link here and ordered thinking it was automatically the Ex yet where my DC Supes PF states Exclusive under my account details, the Reeve one doesn't!

Oh it isn't an argument... It is simply how I feel and what I prefer. These are BOTH CR to me. One just looks identical to the photo reference, and the other is, to me, a moment in time that wasn't caught on film or in a photo. Both equally valid IMHO, but I prefer Black's.

Exactly! Well said. :)

Of course, if I'm not mistaken, before photography was invented, I think that it was a normal practice for commissioned artists to paint nobility "better looking" than they really were. Correcting flaws in their appearance so that future generations would be none-the-wiser.

I'm not saying that was done here, I was skimpy making a comment. In this case, I do feel that the sculpt should have mirrored the subject as closely as possible although there was definitely room for interpretation of the serious facial expression. I do prefer the serious look more so than a friendlier face.

So if you prefer the serious sculpt then it is Matt Black's, and the one ON the SSC PF, or we're you talking about a serious look in general.

Those who have preordered. Under your account details does it state that you have ordered the exclusive or not?

I clicked through the link here and ordered thinking it was automatically the Ex yet where my DC Supes PF states Exclusive under my account details, the Reeve one doesn't!

When I click view order it shows the exclusive version. Same thing for Wonder Woman and Keaton pfs.

Back