Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent in a request asking for a new cape, as it doesnt resemble the quality in the prototype pics at all. I got a response saying they can send a care package that includes scissors....LOL....scissors!! That will fix it!! Or I could send it back for a full refund. But since something is obviously wrong with me causing me to really like this piece regardless of its flaws, I will be keeping it.

I have a replacement body on the way also.
I've been attempting to post a few photos over the last couple of days to show how shoddily mine has been finished, however they never appear to upload.
I would've been reasonably content with the statue, had it not been SO obviously defective, but it's just shocking & should never have left the factory that way. I'm not even sure if mine has the lean to the side, fraying cape, curved 'S' or whether the 'papier-mâché' style stand & water is intact, as I didn't even get that far into unboxing, due to the fact I was totally gobsmacked by the other flaws, not to mention the lack of a bag for the artwork box & zero padding for the figure itself.
Just hope the replacement is in better shape, as I don't know how many they will be prepared to keep sending me.
Also, I didn't have a look at the base properly, but there's no mention of 'Exclusive Edition' is there? I think I just have 415/500 scribbled on it in Sharpie. What a cop out.

Ok well I decided to take mine to my mom who is like a professional "seamstress" lol or wutever u wanna call it. Just wanted her opinion on the cape. She said it just cheap labor really and that since the fabric they used was cheaper and they didn't even fold under them hem(which she couldn't understand seeing that is a rather large piece...it would've been easy). So she says obviously all u can do is trim it as it frays until eventually it will get to the stitch and stop fraying on its own. Who knows maybe Tony will do a custom cape for it but there again we shouldn't need it. She also didn't approve of the emblem work on the chest lol. All in all I decided to keep mine even after all its short comings and also having to fix my base that had a chipped piece on the corner. In my honest opinion I've had the cinemaquette and this is a way better representation of this character from the movie even tho that's definitely not saying much hahaha

So has anyone spoke with SS ab these issues that seem to be on everyone's piece. What are they saying to people who are complaini g? Mine is the exact same way. On the fence to keep it or not.

They told me that they saw no flaws and that is why I must pay for the shipping. They did not acknowledge the seams, the wobbly base, cape-nothing.

Thank you for your email. Please know that we have reviewed the photos that you have send us and have found not defect or flaws that you are describing. We can find not fault to your item we can only issue a PPO refund.

A PPO refund mean that you will be getting the product price of the item and will need to pay to ship it back out to us. If this is the case you will receive a separate email which includes an RMA number for your return. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your refund.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

I heard back from SS already and they're sending me a full replacement. I'm not sure why since I just asked for a new body, not the entire statue.

They told me that they saw no flaws and that is why I must pay for the shipping. They did not acknowledge the seams, the wobbly base, cape-nothing.

Thank you for your email. Please know that we have reviewed the photos that you have send us and have found not defect or flaws that you are describing. We can find not fault to your item we can only issue a PPO refund.

A PPO refund mean that you will be getting the product price of the item and will need to pay to ship it back out to us. If this is the case you will receive a separate email which includes an RMA number for your return. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your refund.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus
Did you call and complain to a manager? I bet with so many complaints they were told to give out this line to everyone so they don't have everyone return them.

Did you call and complain to a manager? I bet with so many complaints they were told to give out this line to everyone so they don't have everyone return them.

I communicated with them one more time with additional photos and still no acknowledgment of it being defective it's just a matter of that I don't like it, I guess, in their mind.

Not going to win this one so the shipping will be on me. Oh well, lesson learned on PVC products from SSC. It's cool! I pick my battles carefully and this one is not worth my time just glad to get most of my money back minus the 40+ I'll lose in shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I communicated with them one more time with additional photos and still no acknowledgment of it being defective it's just a matter of that I don't like it, I guess, in their mind.

Not going to win this one so the shipping will be on me. Oh well, lesson learned on PVC products from SSC. It's cool! I pick my battles carefully and this one is not worth my time just glad to get most of my money back minus the 40+ I'll lose in shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You lose shipping both ways though, so more like $80. I would call and get someone else, you have a valid argument. They can be funny sometimes even when they are wrong.

Now I'm worried if my replacement body doesn't fit the base.

I didn't even think about that. Hopefully it won't be a problem for you. I'm more concerned about all the pieces of my replacement arriving undamaged. Sending me a whole new statue just means I have to worry about everything arriving ok, not just the new body. With my luck lately, the body will be fine and all the water pieces will be broken. Then I'll have to try to get replacements for them.

So much worrying before recieving the actual statue.... Ruins the excitement

Man, had the S Symbol been more like the shape of the proto :(

f42042391643e6721e71e265b51ab720.jpg

and as for likeness, I'm praying Arnie Kim comes good on his word for a 1/4 Scale Reeve Superman

0002b22c4cd75e9fb351640a8b0e5a14.jpg

Ooh those side by side. Face sculpt of SS looks like surgical face. Arnie sculpt looks spot on.

Back