Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha!

Well.

I quite like him. Skin tone, costume and likeness are really great IMO.

The hem on the Cape is poor however, looks unfinished. Expression on Reeve's face makes me think that's what people mean when they don't see Reeve in it, we remember Reeve as quite animated and happy in the film a lot and he really isn't on the piece. Black base thing, still don't know why they just didn't make the base just more Hoover dam.

Still like it though.

Had a small break on one of the water elements.
9e18a01b361963e706020a39c8733263.jpg

70b3ed1a520f6e2c04369030999f3b9c.jpg

75a581cced337a7f125d0d379979f759.jpg

I am so glad that you are happy with him Chin. Know how much you have been looking forward to this one

looks liek you got a good one bruce! :clap nice review too. Makes me wonder if a custom cape would help or not. Not that anyone should have to buy one but a lot of the time for these Batman/Superman pieces, a newer/better quality cape does wonders

I got this in and I have to many issues with it that outweigh the good. A small piece of the water element was broken. I put it together and on display and it looks nice BUT every time I adjust anything on or near my display it moves/wobbles. I am not really comfortable with that. Lastly I find myself wanting to constantly rotate it a bit because from certain angles it looks bad. Seeing the side/back of the base makes it look just plain bad but then I don't want to adjust it because of how unstable it is. I am going to return him this statue for me has to much working against it.

Yea, i came to the decision of sending mine back after a long hard think during last weekend. Have to say, it wasnt a straight forward decision. Receiving the piece last Friday gave me a few days to take a real good look at him and weigh out the pros and cons. The pros i have were the dam base and water element design. For me, that is the best part of the statue...especially the water element, really like that! The Dam is painted really well (at the front at least!) ;) and water coloured pieces of resin fit together to make a great effect! Another pro for me would be the suit...its fits the statue well, no sagging and the colour looks so vibrant and very eye catching. However, for me personally, thats where the positives end :(

The cons certainly overcame the pros...from the worse part of the statue being the way the base is all put together, the lack of a stable connection between the 2 parts of the dam and the water elements make for a rediculously unsturdy statue. To prove this, just watch the majority of the reeve PF reviews on Youtube, notably the ones from BMR and Radd Titan which show how unbalanced the statue is emphatically! Then you have the cape which doesnt score too highly on the QC charts nor does the black chess part of the base :slap The S Symbol was another flaw....no straight edges like it was supposed to look from the movie and instead it looks more rounded with poor tailoring. Maybe a similar stick on logo would've worked like what was used for the Comic Superman PF?

Finally, as much as i wanted to like it, and trust me....i was forcing myself as hard as i could being a massive Reeve Superman fan, i just could'nt see a great likeness. Yes, it does look like him slightly, but maybe when your standing about 3 feet away from it :( All in all, with so many pre orders still to be fulfilled, i'm not in a position to accept a piece with so many flaws as $450 is a heck of a lot of money in statue terms. So for me, the pros need to outweigh the cons when deciding to keep a statue or to return it...sadly, this one just did'nt make it.

With that said, much respect to those who do like it. We have to appreciate that every collector is different and we all have different opinions and tastes of individual pieces so congrats to those of you who are happy with it :)

Now bring on the next Christoper Reeve Superman statue!!! :rock :lol :lol

Wow...didn't expect him to come out like this...the chest symbol is too rounded...looks weird and that cape is just unacceptable to me...looks cheaper than a cheap handkerchief!

Wow...didn't expect him to come out like this...the chest symbol is too rounded...looks weird and that cape is just unacceptable to me...looks cheaper than a cheap handkerchief!

If you watch the Radd Titan youtube review, towards the end of the video they discuss the cape. Along with the fraying, a piece of the wire to pose it is actually poking out of one of the corners (which they point out to the viewers).

If you watch the Radd Titan youtube review, towards the end of the video they discuss the cape. Along with the fraying, a piece of the wire to pose it is actually poking out of one of the corners (which they point out to the viewers).

That is inexcusable for a piece that cost over 400.00. How that got past QC is beyond me. There is no excuse for that cape getting released and shipped with final product. Should have never happened. The cape is a big focal point.

That is inexcusable for a piece that cost over 400.00. How that got past QC is beyond me. There is no excuse for that cape getting released and shipped with final product. Should have never happened. The cape is a big focal point.

I really think in some of these cases for statues, SSC clearly knows there are problems. There is no way in hell someone "missed" that in QC. They just figured the cost of redoing it would outweigh the cost of sending out partial refunds or replacements to customers who complain. That is what sucks about SSC these days...more about the almighty dollar than doing it right the first time. I suppose in the end they just justify it as "it's a business and we do what we can to make more money." I hate that mentality but that's what most companies do so I almost can't blame them.

In the video, they unbox it-the SSC Quality Inspection seal is absent, there is no clear bag on the art box and the figure is not wrapped in the white protective paper-(straight in the styrofoam)-this has been a common complaint on other threads regarding this particular figure. Only thing I could think of is this might be a new factory, but that is no excuse-shouldn't someone from the Sideshow management team be there to supervise what's going on and how these figures are going out? I'm not a basher of SSC by any means-I have at least 15 of their pieces in my collection-but this is business practice 101.

In the video, they unbox it-the SSC Quality Inspection seal is absent, there is no clear bag on the art box and the figure is not wrapped in the white protective paper-(straight in the styrofoam)-this has been a common complaint on other threads regarding this particular figure. Only thing I could think of is this might be a new factory, but that is no excuse-shouldn't someone from the Sideshow management team be there to supervise what's going on and how these figures are going out? I'm not a basher of SSC by any means-I have at least 15 of their pieces in my collection-but this is business practice 101.

I think a lot of us are disappointed because we have a good deal of SSC products and have seen the degradation over time. I'm still very much interested and a supporter of SSC products but I hope they hit a limit soon and go back to how they did things when I first started collecting.

So has anyone spoke with SS ab these issues that seem to be on everyone's piece. What are they saying to people who are complaini g? Mine is the exact same way. On the fence to keep it or not.

So has anyone spoke with SS ab these issues that seem to be on everyone's piece. What are they saying to people who are complaini g? Mine is the exact same way. On the fence to keep it or not.

They are sending me a replacement body.

Back