Christopher Reeve Superman Statue coming from DCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supermanreevequote2fl7.png

SM-Reeve.jpg

SM-Reeve.jpg

Not only is the head sculpt off, the body doesnt even look like Reeve.

I think the body looks like him, a little buff in the arms, but it looks like him. They at least got the tall boots and the outfit right.

Just seems like a wasted opportunity after people have waited so long for Reeve they really screw the pooch on it, is a shame as I doubt they had to pay likeness rights for the boots and the outfit :lol

I think some writing this statue off based on one image should wait for better images or to see it in person before cementing your opinion of it. The likeness is definitel there. The chin, the nose, the jaw, it's 100% Reeve. The body looks like Reeve in Superman 3, which was the biggest he ever was in a Superman film.

This isn't the best quality image, but it's definitely the one they used for this statue. IMHO, the statue looks very close to the pose.

sup3statree1ll2.jpg

Looks more like a stylzed/comic version of Reeve then a realistic portrayal. That might have been their intent, but to me its a missed opportunity as most would probably prefer a spot-on likeness compared to this.

I'll get it but this initial image is disappointing. I'd agree that neither the likeness nor the body are exactly right.

If I didn't know it was supposed to be Reeve, I'd think it was just another generic Superman.

Doesn’t matter how this turns out...it opens the door for an Awesome Hot Toys Version, so this is great :rock :rock!!!

It's a very comicbookish version of him... It looks like it has been sculpted off a drawing... Also the paint apps are very cartoonish and don't look life-like...

FAIL. I so wanted this piece to be great but its a huge letdown based on the solicit image.

Back