Christopher Reeve Superman Statue coming from DCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCD needs to stop making sub-par products, or they should give the DC license to someone who can actually do some good with it.

Nice, but I'm waiting for Hot Toys to take a crack at him.

Agreed. If Yulli knocked it out of the park with Jor-El then I don't see any less quality coming if/when they do a Christopher Reeve Superman.

Okay so what pose do hope Chris will be in?

Could it be the obligatory pose?
Superman16.jpg

Classic pose?
Superman7.jpg

Perhaps the first meeting between Lois and Superman?
SuperFeat7.jpg

Dynamic?
Superman4-1.jpg

broll-goforward2.jpg

Me I perfer the either the classic helicopter save or the very classic flying at you pose.

I've been looking forward to a Christopher Reeve Superman statue for so very long. I've enjoyed DCD statues. I have two Batman Begins ones and the Superman Returns maquette, all three were purchased for a quarter of their suggested retail price. Their standards perhaps aren't quite up to the level of Gentle Giant or Sideshow, but they seem to get better as time goes on.

And yes, Christopher Reeve was 6'4, give or take a few centimeters. Brandon Routh was I believe 6'3 and 3/4". Tom Welling is 6'3. Dean Cain is about 5'11. Yeah...you kind of need to be at least about 6'2 or 6'3 to be Superman, if you ask me. ;) Of course Dean's Superman was in the worst incarnation of the character ever, but he didn't have the physique of Superman, although he was a fine Clark Kent for the post Byrne-era.

I'm hoping they use this pose for the Reeve statue.

I sure hope they do a great job with this, it would certainly be a big hit if done right.
Personally speaking I like the classic standing pose rather than one with him mid flight.
I just like museum poses, they look more classy and elegant imo.
x :peace

Funny thing is the Batman Begins statue (at least the In Flight) was sculpted by Gentle Giant.

I guess that's the reason why it's one of their best statues thus far. It would be great if Giant were working on the Reeve statue.

Okay so what pose do hope Chris will be in?

Me I perfer the either the classic helicopter save or the very classic flying at you pose.

I like this pose, reason being it would look good at any angle.

74062701aj3.jpg

The flying fast face on would only look good if you were face it no?

This is quite nice as well for a statue pose or such...

supermanreevequote2fl7.png

Is this not a well known famous shot?
18653388.jpg

Ehhh I don't think that's saying much though. The body and cape are fine, but they really fudged up the head/face imo

I thought the face looked very good for the scale of the piece.

vodoun said:
I like this pose, reason being it would look good at any angle.

I definitely agree. It's very dynamic and I could totally see it has a statue.

Last edited:
Back