Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

We wouldn't since we are getting something back for the donation

No, you're not. They've already said that the higher price on this piece is specifically due to the Foundation donation. You're not getting anything back for that extra amount (not that it would disqualify it from being tax-deductible anyway... it wouldn't). Also, it's kind of illegal to write off donation money that was actually paid by someone else (not saying that's what Sideshow will do. I'd have to think they and their counsel are way too smart for that). But had they left the PF at the same $400 cost and paid the charity contribution themselves, they could indeed write it off.

By the way, I'm just arguing on principle. Just in case there was any doubt. ;)

Lol... Gotta say I had a feeling a **** load if people are going to tripping over themselves to get this when the first in hand pics come out. Especially if the ES is driven lower by lack of initial interest.

No, you're not. They've already said that the higher price on this piece is specifically due to the Foundation donation. You're not getting anything back for that extra amount (not that it would disqualify it from being tax-deductible anyway... it wouldn't). Also, it's kind of illegal to write off donation money that was actually paid by someone else (not saying that's what Sideshow will do. I'd have to think they and their counsel are way too smart for that).

We're getting goods in return

Lol... Gotta say I had a feeling a **** load if people are going to tripping over themselves to get this when the first in hand pics come out. Especially if the ES is driven lower by lack of initial interest.

I hope it is....I want to see tears

We're getting goods in return

That doesn't matter, unless the value of the goods equals the value of the donation. In this case, the donation is, what, $25? You're not getting $25 worth of goods for the donation, you're getting $400 worth of goods for $400. The donation is an additional cost (added into the product price). They are not fungible.

Now, this would be completely different if Sideshow stated that all of their proceeds are going to the charity. Or if the cost on the item for consumers wasn't raised specifically for the extra $25 to go to the donation.

On the page it says "A portion of the proceeds from this figure will be donated to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation" and elsewhere it was revealed that that is why the price is $424.99 instead of the usual $399.99. Hence, consumers are paying $425 for a $400 item. I see Uncle Bingo's point.

Again, it's just principle. I'm not really bothered, especially since we're only talking about 25 bucks on each statue and the Reeve Foundation is a good, worthy charity.

Yeah charity sucks.

Clearly you have no idea what I was trying to say. I was saying I don't like how its looking like we are covering the charity with the increased price of the PF instead of it coming from Sideshow's proceeds. I would have no problem donating to charity whatsoever, but I don't like how it looks like Sideshow has thrown a $25 increase on their product which is what I'm sure they are giving to the charity and then taking credit that its part of their proceed, and after they give them the $25 they will still make the exact same profit margin of a $399 piece which is what they would have sold this at if Sideshow wouldn't have had to donate to charity.

I think what he's trying to say is... Why can't Sideshow fit the bill for the Reeve Foundation charity? Why does it have to be passed on to the consumer? Usually a vendor/retailer is the one who eats the costs of doing business. But Sideshow often just simply offsets that directly to the collector. It's an interesting model, to say the least.

Pfft, not American corporations. If they see a cent move in their profit margins they raise prices.

I hope it is....I want to see tears

Honestly, can you just IMAGINE the EXPLOSION!!!

"Why is the ES so LOW!!!"
"He is SUCH an icon"
"WHY WOULD THE EVER DO THIS!!!!!!:slap:gah::horror"
"SSC IS DESERTNG FANS!!!"
"it s ALL THEIR FAULT we didn't order :lecture"

I mean it I HONESTLY think this is going to go that way if the ES is driven down by all of the *****ers and the complainers who hold off. I think this WHOLE thing may blow up in SO MANY FACES!!!

Honestly this looks AWESOME TO ME

4396c3cde208dc46c43b5f01dc670f6e_zps2fb64c1d.jpg

I am tempted to PO it just so I can flip it at 3x retail to all the Ex whores who miss out. The only reason I wouldn't is I am afraid I would love it and not want to let it go, and I am going to stick to the comic Supes if I pull that off

Not sure if its because of the uproar but Sideshow has taken down the Christopher Reeve PF pics and put back the preview page... mmmmmmm

"He is SUCH an icon"

I mean it I HONESTLY think this is going to go that way if the ES is driven down by all of the *****ers and the complainers who hold off. I think this WHOLE thing may blow up in SO MANY FACES!!!

I am tempted to PO it just so I can flip it at 3x retail to all the Ex whores who miss out. The only reason I wouldn't is I am afraid I would love it and not want to let it go, and I am going to stick to the comic Supes if I pull that off

Pfft, I'd flip it like a pancake :lol

I am leaning on getting this and might as well get a free piece for the same price. I just feel this ex just does not go with this PF. I plan to put the HT kryptonite chain around his neck.

"He is SUCH an icon"

People who buy statues they don't like just because of a low ES are either just professional flippers or losers. I remember when the Punisher EX was out there and everyone *****ed about the EX being this small knife. And then the ES was announced people freaked... It really makes no sense to me.

I mean if people are on the fence about it and it gets a low ES then yes perhaps you can complain a little that you missed out. But if someone does not want it at all and then turn around and complain that SSC made a small ES.... Well that is loser territory 100%

Was his crystal always that big?!? :monkey4

P
People who buy statues they don't like just because of a low ES are either just professional flippers or losers. I remember when the Punisher EX was out there and everyone *****ed about the EX being this small knife. And then the ES was announced people freaked... It really makes no sense to me.

I mean if people are on the fence about it and it gets a low ES then yes perhaps you can complain a little that you missed out. But if someone does not want it at all and then turn around and complain that SSC made a small ES.... Well that is loser territory 100%

Ah I see that you removed you broke nosing comment.... And here I was already with a snappy "Pamprin and Midol" PMS joke...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back