Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

Had they gone with the flat black base as they used on the Keaton PF then maybe it wouldn't look so bad :(

zadusaga.jpg

But the EX so belongs with the comic Supes PF

y9ypyryv.jpg

I still just don't understand the entire piece. What is he doing? Is he stopping the flow of water with his foot and not even bother to look what he is doing? Is he supposed to look like he's flying? If not why is he just standing on 1 foot and posing like a moron? The more and more I look at this piece it just seems like a massive fail all around from Sideshow.

wait a minute...does the Keaton Bat PF have that similar black chess base as the Reeve PF?

It is not quite the same, but MANY of the taller pieces seem to have that similar black pedistal base. I am wondering if the base is weighted to help the tipping issues.

It is not quite the same, but MANY of the taller pieces seem to have that similar black pedistal base. I am wondering if the base is weighted to help the tipping issues.

Yes possibly...but then they could have countered the balance by using a base which blended in better with the DAM diorama like another chunk of rock or something :dunno

I think this Reeve Superman will look better in person or in SDCC pics. Pretty much every Superman statue or figure has the Fortress base. It's good they tried something different. The only thing I really hate is that black boring looking base. Sideshow couldn't be bothered to make a base of the dam with water everywhere. Or something similar to the water like the Flint vs. Zartan diorama. It's like they decided to cheap out on that. I'll have to get some matching bricks or something for mine if I get this to cover up that base.

Also they couldn't eat the extra Reeve foundation fee? But I think Hot Toys tacked on the extra on their figure as well. The price is still $399. Hopefully Sideshow is giving the full $25 to the foundation.

I think this Reeve Superman will look better in person or in SDCC pics. Pretty much every Superman statue or figure has the Fortress base. It's good they tried something different. The only thing I really hate is that black boring looking base. Sideshow couldn't be bothered to make a base of the dam with water everywhere. Or something similar to the water like the Flint vs. Zartan diorama. It's like they decided to cheap out on that. I'll have to get some matching bricks or something for mine if I get this to cover up that base.

Also they couldn't eat the extra Reeve foundation fee? But I think Hot Toys tacked on the extra on their figure as well. The price is still $399. Hopefully Sideshow is giving the full $25 to the foundation.

The Fortress base is popular but not nearly as much as people make out. The S shield base or a plain black base are used much more frequently. The Dam was a neat Idea, just not sure if it was executed in the best way.

I can't recall the dam being such a huge part of the movie. I know it broke and he built a new dam with rocks but it's not what sticks out in my mind like say when he bends the rail and the train goes over him or the "who's got you?" sequence. They could have used the parapet edge of Planet helipad, Lois's balcony or just a flat piece of Metropolis (NY) city street. If they wanted dramatic they could have gone with rocky mountainside or even had him stood atop Lois' partially buried car. Now with his fist pumped and look of determination that would have suited the pose.

To be really smart they could have just had him stood on a building window with the building on the horizontal plane or they could of course used the helicopter in some way...

No problem. Then it is settled SSC should have gone with this pose ;) ;)

2073209-1488036_jpg_superman_christopher_reeve_super.jpg

I would have preferred a boring pose like this :)

supe1.jpg

Man, i wish Sideshow gave us a simple plain black base with one of these simple "boring" poses.

I DESPISE the stern facial expression on the PF.

I have absolutely no faith in Sideshow's development team. They have to calm down with their big ideas. They are trying too hard to make these extravigant statement pieces.

i'm sorry but this piece is too much, it does little to highlight Superman's powers and it is not a classic, defining Reeve representation.
B04bSLtT_press05-399x600.jpg

Last edited:

The dam being shaped like a wedge of cheese doesn't help the flow at all, Should have just been a big squared off piece of the wall bursting and no silly chess thingy.

I do wish SSC would stop with the super tall PFs of characters that don't need to be so tall. Only because it makes it harder to find places to display them. If you put this piece in your Besta you won't be able to put another piece on of the other shelves.

This is personal preference of course. I can understand why many would be excited about the size but SSC just keeps putting out taller and taller items. I can Understand with a HULK PF or a character like that as they are tall characters to begin with. But it's just getting harder and harder to get these guys to fit in my Besta's. Of course the taller SSC makes these items (even though most of it is boring base) they can justify the price hikes.

Yet another reason I would have preferred a boring pose like this :)

supe1.jpg
Who makes that Superman figure? The face isn't great but it's still cool.

The base is terrible if they did not want to go for the fortress of solitude then they should have picked a Daily Planet theme.

There's nothing left to add or say that hasn't been already, but this will be an unfortunate pass for me. Very disappointing. That pose is just so awkward.

Thinking more about this I think Sideshow charging customers more to cover "their" donation of proceeds is really low and it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth about Sideshow.

Yeah charity sucks.

I think what he's trying to say is... Why can't Sideshow fit the bill for the Reeve Foundation charity? Why does it have to be passed on to the consumer? Usually a vendor/retailer is the one who eats the costs of doing business. But Sideshow often just simply offsets that directly to the collector. It's an interesting model, to say the least.

I think what he's trying to say is... Why can't Sideshow fit the bill for the Reeve Foundation charity? Why does it have to be passed on to the consumer? Usually a vendor/retailer is the one who eats the costs of doing business. But Sideshow often just simply offsets that to the collector. It's an interesting model, to say the least.

How do you know Sideshow hasn't made a donation of their own?

How do you know Sideshow hasn't made a donation of their own?

Even if they are (not that we'd know), they are the license holder, manufacturer and seller. They should be making the entire donation. That's my point. It's the cost of doing business. Then again, we already know they directly offset R&D and licensing fees on all of their items. So why should charity contributions be any different?

By the way, do they get to write this off on their taxes... or do the consumers? Because actual charity contributions are tax-deductible.

Even if they are, they are the license holder, manufacturer and seller. They should be making the entire donation. That's my point. It's the cost of doing business. Then again, we already know they directly offset R&D and licensing fees on all of their items. So why should charity contributions be any different?

By the way, do they get to write this off on their taxes... or do the consumers? Because actual charity contributions are tax-deductible.

We wouldn't since we are getting something back for the donation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back