Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

For a Chris Reeve Superman statue, this is as good as it's gonna get for the collectors who wanna pull the rip cord on him. Besides what the majority are complaining about (pose/sculpt), if Sideshow could take some feedback with them, I'd only really change two things. First is the black portion of the base. Get rid of it. It looks tacky as hell. If you wanna keep the statue 30" in height then fine, but lose the black half of the base and just continue on with a giant concrete slab all the way to the bottom.

The second is obviously the Exclusive. Another tacky looking piece that doesn't belong with the overall statue. Sideshow is better off with a switch out portrait of Chris Reeve looking to his left as an EX. Something like that might serve as a better alternate to his in-flight pose. Other than that, I think it looks pretty cool. Not gonna pick it up, but it's very cool nonetheless.

Spidey had said earlier that a base representing a piece of the Daily Planet statue would or could make for a better base. I completely agree. Had they went with a piece of the Daily Planet to serve as the base, along with a switch out head looking to his left as the EX, it would've put it over the top for a ton of collectors. However, like I said, if SS wants to stick with the Hoover Dam as the base, that's fine, but replace the bottom half with a continuation of the dam.

Yeah they were smoking crack when planning the base. I dunno if the black piece is maybe a weight to balance the whole thing out.

Yeah they were smoking crack when planning the base. I dunno if the black piece is maybe a weight to balance the whole thing out.

Seems to be a lot of crack smoking going on recently at Sideshow :lol :lol

Looks ok not a Reeve fan, pass for me. Anyways congrats to the cats who are picking this up!

For a Chris Reeve Superman statue, this is as good as it's gonna get for the collectors who wanna pull the rip cord on him. Besides what the majority are complaining about (pose/sculpt), if Sideshow could take some feedback with them, I'd only really change two things. First is the black portion of the base. Get rid of it. It looks tacky as hell. If you wanna keep the statue 30" in height then fine, but lose the black half of the base and just continue on with a giant concrete slab all the way to the bottom.

The second is obviously the Exclusive. Another tacky looking piece that doesn't belong with the overall statue. Sideshow is better off with a switch out portrait of Chris Reeve looking to his left as an EX. Something like that might serve as a better alternate to his in-flight pose. Other than that, I think it looks pretty cool. Not gonna pick it up, but it's very cool nonetheless.

Spidey had said earlier that a base representing a piece of the Daily Planet statue would or could make for a better base. I completely agree. Had they went with a piece of the Daily Planet to serve as the base, along with a switch out head looking to his left as the EX, it would've put it over the top for a ton of collectors. However, like I said, if SS wants to stick with the Hoover Dam as the base, that's fine, but replace the bottom half with a continuation of the dam.

:exactly::goodpost:

That reminds me I have a bunch of Mondos to frame - why is framing so expensive.

Frame them yourself. It's incredibly easy and all you need is some to help unfurl it or heavy books to break from the tube shape. I did so many. One as big as 24*36. Just buy decent good looking frames. I picked a a whole bunch for less than $30 a pop

Sent from the Bat Computer

Showed the wife this. Told her how ppl are complaining about it and she goes " is it the pose?" Lmao. I still like it lol

Sent from the Bat Computer

One does not simply compare different scales of figures..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like he is about to seizure.

the obvious comparison;

ht_ss_comparison_zps7b9cca9e.jpg~original

The proportions looks very similar!

I hope a Superman cosplayer trolls Sideshow and poses like this at their booth during SDCC, bent right wrist and all. :lol

Perhaps then they might actually see how ridiculous these types of poses are?

(Someone should do the Jedi Luke PF Scooby Doo Mystery Machine pose, too)

I think this was a case where simple would have been better. Same with the Keaton PF, IMO (even though I ordered it). Personally I think Sideshow goes overboard sometimes with their poses. I can understand them wanting to be a bit more dynamic with their pieces, but sometimes a stoic pose is more representative of the character. The face sculpt looks fine, not fantastic. It's what I've come to expect from a PF. But I don't like the base at all.

I'm still of two minds.

If I go with SS I pay the NFD and layaway but I could use my 50 dollars of rewards that I was saving for the DC 1/6 and get the stupid pointless EX.

That means I get approx £30 off which will make the EX about £40 cheaper than a reg from a UK seller once exchange rates and postage and tax etc have been included.

If I go with a UK seller, I pay nothing until it ships to me but I'm paying more for something I'm not doing cartwheels over).

Or I could just go for the SS Luke and Tauntaun.

If this was a must have, I wouldn't even be considering this kind of stuff which means I'm not fully sold. The DC Superman PF was an instant preorder. This is different but seeing as it is Reeve (my Superman) I feel I should be going crazy for it.

I like the suit and the facial sculpt, not sold on the pose, ex seems pointless and I'm not a big fan of the base (dam/water and chess piece although the chess piece I can cover up).

I'm actually in the position where I like the sculpt, likeness and the pose...LOVE the diorama Dam Base :love but totally detest the bottom black base (as it totally has nothing to do with the overall theme!) WTF! :dunno and the EX is once again another poor choice by Sideshow...as others have already mentioned, an alternate head would have made more sense. I mean the crystal comes with a solitude of fortress base holder...again out of theme with the actual PF. No wonder why so many are saying they'll use the EX to go with their Comic Supes PF as they have the same bases...

So therefore I will be ordering this but still unsure as to whether the EX is necessary...ordering the Reg locally will save me a few $$$...but an EX is an EX at the end of the day...albeit not a very good one :(

I think that sideshow "echoing" the pose is intentional. They want to show a retro vs modern display.

wait a minute...does the Keaton Bat PF have that similar black chess base as the Reeve PF?

It seems like it...

EXCslebSh_press01.jpg

3002501-product-silo.png

BTW, I like the Reeve Supes image I posted above. The other angles are weird.

I hope they state that the reason for the higher price point is that a portion of the proceeds are going to the Christopher Reeve foundation, or something. That actually might help with sales, you know?

Just got my Punisher pf reward points. Only have to pay $225.74 for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back