Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

Agreed something other than crystals is a welcome change, we've got crystals for comic Supes already as well.

Maybe they could do a Reeve Snow Day Pf down the line :lecture You know, just hangin out at the fortress makin snow angels or something for the crystal fans

Reeve PF edition size limited to just five statues. Low quantity alert, only three remaining.:lol I'm sure this PF will turn out better than the pics. I think the head sculpt actually looks pretty damn realistic. I bet they'll end up selling a couple thousand of these things.

Yeah it looks pretty sick especially from the front. They definitely will. There are like hundreds of naysayers but tens of thousands of Reeve fans

Sent from the Bat Computer

When even the silhouette looks wrong, you know it in your heart it's done wrong. I don't claim to be any expert in anatomy but eyeballing the proportions of this statue to pictures of Christopher Reeve makes this statue look out of proportion. My biggest issue with this is that right hand curled at that extreme angle. What super hero does that? Not any strong male character I know of that's for sure. You're supposed to **** your wrist so that your fist lines straight with the forearm to strike properly if you punch anything with that angle of position you're sure to jam your wrist.

Right now yeah the proportions DO look off. As for the bent wrist they just took it to far. The bend can make a piece look more dynamic and comicbook artists do it all the time, but this looks a little to far.

You left all THESE? :wink1:

LOL NO!!!! We both know I am rubbish when it comes to grammar and spelling..... :wink1:

Bruce, you need to create another gag account so you can stop by an bash this fig properly. :lol

BANHAMMER!!!!!!!

I never understood the "love it or leave it" attitude.

My hope is SS will listen to the criticism and adjust the statue somewhat.

They used to listen (dooku and anakin pfs are examples) but after the twizzler superman and that cyclops exclusive portrait, those days are gone.

I hope GG gets the DC license soon.

I think for THIS piece especially people are flipping out because they wanted it to be perfect more than just about ANY other piece. Even more then the Keaton Batman, Reeve as Superman comes from almost all of our CHILDHOOD. Messing that up flips some out.

Lmfao bro as always keeping me mighty entertained. Sorry Spidey but bro you had your a55 handed to you with the spelling errors lol. But I know Spideys ipad is the problemo ;) Its a good PF. Yeah a little skinny but the pose doesnt bug me. It does look like he's about to change positions in midflight and I kinda like that. I like the face sculpt and believe the most recent photo is just a weird angle. Might cop this depending on the EX. Congrats to those getting it. P.s. id be pretty pissed if someone kept ******** on my work too. Also "dont like it don't buy it" is straight and simple, Big deal if you're a customer blah blah blah. You'll buy something else another day and this will sell because it is what it is. I might go over to the MOS PF forum to TopHat all over that piece of TopHat, anyone wanna join?

Oh don't side with Chin he is a BAD BAD MAN.... Next time he gets hit with the BANHAMMER you might go too.....:horror. Though yes I am rubbish when I am typing on this thing....lol.

Lmfao bro as always keeping me mighty entertained. Sorry Spidey but bro you had your a55 handed to you with the spelling errors lol. But I know Spideys ipad is the problemo ;) Its a good PF. Yeah a little skinny but the pose doesnt bug me. It does look like he's about to change positions in midflight and I kinda like that. I like the face sculpt and believe the most recent photo is just a weird angle. Might cop this depending on the EX. Congrats to those getting it. P.s. id be pretty pissed if someone kept ******** on my work too. Also "dont like it don't buy it" is straight and simple, Big deal if you're a customer blah blah blah. You'll buy something else another day and this will sell because it is what it is. I might go over to the MOS PF forum to TopHat all over that piece of TopHat, anyone wanna join?

Well I dont actually expect a Chevy exec to get all ******** and go off on a car forum where people were complaining about Chevy who like Ford. I mean, thats a bit of a cop out for a job that involves sales based on public opinion. I mean, once again, this is a forum to talk about these things. It isnt a fan club. Only about 98% of it is a fan club.

So he is not actually flying but standing on a breaking damn with that pose...I am now curious for the reveal even more, because from what we have seen, I cant imagine how that is going to look/work or what could possibly be the EX with this. Probably a knife hand.

Im still hopeful that this will still look great in the full reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't the Batman PF EX have like a batarang hand?

Maybe the EX here will be a hand holding a big cellophane Superman symbol?

Being serious for a moment...

Didn't they change the comic PF from the figure that was originally shown? I know they didn't switch out the noodle eyes or the crystal base etc. but didn't they actually modify the sculpt slightly.

I don't think they will change the pose but I'm assuming it would be easier to bulk out the body or straighten a wrist than it would change the facial sculpt.

Any chance of this happening before this thing actually ships?

Been waiting ages for the release of this PF and its the first time I've seen a snippet of the actual base! WOW! :horror Sideshow are really stepping it up in terms of their bases...really liking what they did with the Keaton PF and now this one! I say EX is light up red eyes :panic: Bring on Thursday! :rock

Can't wait for the reveal tomorrow. Got $181.25 in reward points.

Im still hopeful that this will still look great in the full reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is worth hoping... Who knows it could surprise all of us. It isn't like it hasn't happened before.

Phantom one projector for the win.

Didn't they change the comic PF from the figure that was originally shown? I know they didn't switch out the noodle eyes or the crystal base etc. but didn't they actually modify the sculpt slightly.

I don't think they will change the pose but I'm assuming it would be easier to bulk out the body or straighten a wrist than it would change the facial sculpt.

They changed the comic Superman from the proto we saw at SDCC 2012, but it was in its curret form when he went up for PO in March 2013. The only rumoured change pas then is the addition of a light up feature, and the only reason that rumour is going around now is SSCAlex and Igo over at SF keep DODGING the question. Could they change this if people flip their stacks .. Yep.. Are they likely to I the PO goes well?? Nope. Now if VERY FEW people initially PO him I would expect a change, they have to be banking on this being a big seller.

LOL!!!
Imaging this:

S.jpg

Sideshow Exclusive: "Alternate hand with screen accurate cellophane Superman symbol"

The head and base changed. Not the body or overall pose.

Both changes occurred BEFORE it went up for Pre Order.

As for AFTER something is already up for PO, in my 3 years collecting I've seen some changes in head sculpts and other details (Psylocke's heads, Rogue, etc) but not a huge design change like the pose once people are already putting down NRDs.

I still like the old one but there is a little more Reeve in that portrait than Stoic Old Geezer Supes in the one that we're all waiting for!

I think we've cracked it with the cellophane Logo...unless it's a green crystal thingy as an Ex..

Well I dont actually expect a Chevy exec to get all ******** and go off on a car forum where people were complaining about Chevy who like Ford. I mean, thats a bit of a cop out for a job that involves sales based on public opinion. I mean, once again, this is a forum to talk about these things. It isnt a fan club. Only about 98% of it is a fan club.

So he is not actually flying but standing on a breaking damn with that pose...I am now curious for the reveal even more, because from what we have seen, I cant imagine how that is going to look/work or what could possibly be the EX with this. Probably a knife hand.

I get it about it being a forum but there's criticism and then constant bashing. Itd be cool if ppl just left it at a few coments. Like I go through this forum and a few others and read through and its like the same thing again abd again for like pages. Sorta like beating a dead horse
Lmfao knife hand like the Punisher or Black Widow PF would be stellar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back