Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

I think his quote sums it up nicely. Buy it if you like it, if not, don't.

Totally agree.

Ah right.

Interesting he had to correct people on Reeve's name.

It was probably annoying the hell out of him, and to be honest he has to be getting annoyed at people slamming his work.

"It's just all about not being afraid to show people your failures, and not being afraid to start over." -Matthew Black

He got the first part down, now he just needs to follow through with the second.:lol

Okay I admit that this looks out of proportion right now, but as of right now I wouldn't call it a failure.

Last edited:

When+you+re+watching+tennis+_c70cb14fa97e13eccae0da79e1c08859.gif

Great match so far chaps! :clap

NOPE here is Matt's, the sculptors, post from over at SF

I know, but based on the Sculptor opinion here is what he is thinking about all of the people opinions, he thinks that most of us are just nitpicking, but if I had the chance I would just ask him why does so many people (the ones that are going to buy and pay hundreds for this) coincidentally have the same concerns and opinions about this statue?
Only 2:

- The Pose docent remind me of Chris Reeve!:
The Sculptor says: "i feel its a fantastic representation of a moment in time, that could have taken place as the dam was crumbling around him."
Cool Ok I know that this is an original way to represent a character that we appreciate in all of our lives, but before you do it, you have to investigate and research what has made Chris Reeve so iconic! Probably is not original but the only difference between a statue and a picture is the 3D effects, Having the character you appreciate with the pose that you have burned in your brain all of these years is the right way to go!!

Christopher_Reeve_Superman.jpg

- The face is a little bit off, it looks like Reeve but there's something wrong:
You know I could let go the pose and appreciate it as it is, it is an original way to create something new of something that is already established, but here is the most important thing in the any statue based on a character specially Chris Reeve Superman, the face. We all know that it is Chris Reeve, because at some point there is some resemblance and of course the colors of the suit and the accuracy are the details that captures this interpretation.
Most of you all in this community knows that Chris Reeve face is very difficult to capture, not many people in the past that have a high profile couldn't achieve this except Arnie Kim 1/4th head that he sculpted years ago, if you look at it closely i could say it is Reeve at 96% the other 4% remaining are my point of view and if you like to call it nitpicking.
What I am trying to say here is that if you are going to change an iconic pose for this you have to be damn sure you capture Reeve likeness whatever means necessary!

So when the sculptor say this: "i hope you can all enjoy it as much as i have in making it. and to all the others, you simply do not have to make the purchase. no harm no foul." it really pisses me off, these are the people who have the tools to bring this to life (Cinemaquette, Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow, etc) and every time they try there's always something wrong. I Just hope that the sculptor and SS read this because we are not trying to beat the old dead horse here, we are just expecting more of these companies and they should deliver since they are in the businesses because of our pockets.

What I really fear the most is this: "Don't worry if he docent look like Chris, is Superman! Great suit, cool pose, they will throw the money at us whatever happens, Chris Reeve man!!"

I guess we all have to wait the next 4 days for the full reveal but I don't expect a lot of change because if they are throwing at us these picture as a tease, there's to much to talk about the marketing department at Sideshow!

:lecture

Ah right.

Interesting he had to correct people on Reeve's name.

This I can totally get behind. People saying that the PF "doesn't do the man justice" and they can't even spell the man's motherfarking name right.

REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE.

Who is this Reeve guy we keep yapping about?

What's off about the face sculpt?

It all depends on the angle.... This shot doesn't look as good to me form this angle, and the proportions look awful

1016575_423114504490134_311970201_n.jpg

As it does from this one.

ccf4961150acddf044e509e7604dcf70_zpse7e56c64.jpg

So it is hard to tell what this will look like.

The Artist clearly understands....When losing an argument.... Always call in the Spell Check police!!! ;) :)

Well it was slightly clear that he wanted all those who were criticizing his worm idiots because they couldn't get Reeve's name right. Not a sound argument to be sure.

Who is this Reeve guy we keep yapping about?

I don't KNOW, but Chis Reeves was the BOMB as Superman!!!!

I know, but based on the Sculptor opinion here is what he is thinking about all of the people opinions, he thinks that most of us are just nitpicking, but if I had the chance I would just ask him why does so many people (the ones that are going to buy and pay hundreds for this) coincidentally have the same concerns and opinions about this statue?
Only 2:

- The Pose docent remind me of Chris Reeve!:
The Sculptor says: "i feel its a fantastic representation of a moment in time, that could have taken place as the dam was crumbling around him."
Cool Ok I know that this is an original way to represent a character that we appreciate in all of our lives, but before you do it, you have to investigate and research what has made Chris Reeve so iconic! Probably is not original but the only difference between a statue and a picture is the 3D effects, Having the character you appreciate with the pose that you have burned in your brain all of these years is the right way to go!!

View attachment 96897

- The face is a little bit off, it looks like Reeve but there's something wrong:
You know I could let go the pose and appreciate it as it is, it is an original way to create something new of something that is already established, but here is the most important thing in the any statue based on a character specially Chris Reeve Superman, the face. We all know that it is Chris Reeve, because at some point there is some resemblance and of course the colors of the suit and the accuracy are the details that captures this interpretation.
Most of you all in this community knows that Chris Reeve face is very difficult to capture, not many people in the past that have a high profile couldn't achieve this except Arnie Kim 1/4th head that he sculpted years ago, if you look at it closely i could say it is Reeve at 96% the other 4% remaining are my point of view and if you like to call it nitpicking.
What I am trying to say here is that if you are going to change an iconic pose for this you have to be damn sure you capture Reeve likeness whatever means necessary!

So when the sculptor say this: "i hope you can all enjoy it as much as i have in making it. and to all the others, you simply do not have to make the purchase. no harm no foul." it really pisses me off, these are the people who have the tools to bring this to life (Cinemaquette, Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow, etc) and every time they try there's always something wrong. I Just hope that the sculptor and SS read this because we are not trying to beat the old dead horse here, we are just expecting more of these companies and they should deliver since they are in the businesses because of our pockets. What I really fear the most is this: "Don't worry if he docent look like Chris, is Superman! Great suit, cool pose, they will throw the money at us whatever happens, Chris Reeve man!!"

I guess we all have to wait the next 4 days for the full reveal but I don't expect a lot of change because if they are throwing at us these picture as a tease, there's to much to talk about the marketing department at Sideshow!

:lecture

I pretty much agree with you except what I have in bold... It really is as simple as what they say... If you don't like it don't buy it... Our lives will go on just fine without a Christopher Reeve PF... We made it this far without one. In fact the only way SSC will listen is if we start to not spend the $ on items we don't like even though we "feel" we have to own it. Yes I know... Old arguments being made here. But it's true. Personally I hope that if the piece is only as good as the preview shot, that it will be a poor seller and that it will be on sideshows deal page for years to come. That way perhaps SSC will start to listen to the FANS who love these characters and pay for these items. But I doubt this will happen as it is Superman and more so it is Reeve's Superman.

But perhaps it will turn out great.. and the preview pic is just misleading. And all of these pages and pages of complaining will disappear with 85% of the other post on this site. :)

The Artist clearly understands....When losing an argument.... Always call in the Spell Check police!!! ;) :)

I would've though it's fair enough to question people taking his work apart if they don't even know the guy's name - at best they're ignorant (or confused with George REEVES?) and at worst they don't know or care and are just piling on abuse for their own amusement.

I would've though it's fair enough to question people taking his work apart if they don't even know the guy's name - at best their ignorant and at worst they don't know or care and are just piling on abuse for their own amusement.

That **** don't happen Bruce.:monkey3

It all depends on the angle.... This shot doesn't look as good to me form this angle, and the proportions look awful

1016575_423114504490134_311970201_n.jpg

As it does from this one.

ccf4961150acddf044e509e7604dcf70_zpse7e56c64.jpg

So it is hard to tell what this will look like.

Well it was slightly clear that he wanted all those who were criticizing his worm idiots because they couldn't get Reeve's name right. Not a sound argument to be sure.

I think the head sculpt will turn out fine. It's the body and pose that kills this piece.... For me anyways.

I would've though it's fair enough to question people taking his work apart if they don't even know the guy's name - at best their ignorant (or confused with George REEVES?) and at worst they don't know or care and are just piling on abuse for their own amusement.

Where people tearing his work apart or complaining about the pose?? I thought it was just the pose since it was what he was talking about.

Besides I love the character of John McClane in Die Hard and I still don't know if I am spelling his name right and it shows it right in the movie :)

I still can't spell Arnold Swargdnofpjbsdfobnf either. :)

So when the sculptor say this: "i hope you can all enjoy it as much as i have in making it. and to all the others, you simply do not have to make the purchase. no harm no foul." it really pisses me off,

If you were an artist, and worked for a company and that company checked off on the piece you did and decided to use it and then 250 people that have probably never created anything for use by a company, or for that matter never created anything artistically themselves decided to bash your work across the internet from they're safe anonymous forum avatars I bet your attitude towards them wouldn't be friendly either.

Pisses you off? Your last few months work wasn't just publicly trashed.

Criticism about the pose I get. It's not something we necessarily see him do in the film, he does float down to land on stuff but yeah we don't see him make this pose and he is arching his back quite a bit.

I would've though it's fair enough to question people taking his work apart if they don't even know the guy's name - at best they're ignorant (or confused with George REEVES?) and at worst they don't know or care and are just piling on abuse for their own amusement.

This a BS argument Chin... The fact that people are adding an "s" to Reeve's name is INCONSIQUENTIAL to the proportions of this Statue, and using it as a deflection was LAME.

He just looks to skinny

fe895687faa7fec5ee4ce3e7af06486d_zps73ed78ac.jpg

Last edited:

If you were an artist, and worked for a company and that company checked off on the piece you did and decided to use it and then 250 people that have probably never created anything for use by a company, or for that matter never created anything artistically themselves decided to bash your work across the internet from they're safe anonymous forum avatars I bet your attitude towards them wouldn't be friendly either.

Pisses you off? Your last few months work wasn't just publicly trashed.

I can understand him getting angry... He should be angrier at the people who came up with the pose...

Having said that.... If he don't like what people say, he doesn't have to read the posts of the potential buyers (the ones that help pay his check). But I think that is the wrong argument to make. He has a right to be unhappy about the comments, the fans have a right to be upset about the final product, and both have the right to express their unhappiness with each other.

Criticism about the pose I get. It's not something we necessarily see him do in the film, he does float down to land on stuff but yeah we don't see him make this pose and he is arching his back quite a bit.

OK Chin... I feel better know.... I just wanted to.... No... I just NEEDED to know that you did not see everything about this statue through Rose colored glasses :) :) :) :)

I really hope that it turns out better then the preview shot. Even though I think there is too much wrong for it to be a purchase for me (Body and Pose, even without the super arched back). I want those who have been dying to get a Reeve's PF to be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back