Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

Those complaining about the fist pump - what would you prefer? Unless a character has a distinctive prop - like Thor - what do you do with their hands? On hips? Too corny. Punching someone? Who are they punching and why?

I'm glad they got away from the awkward hand position like on the first Cap PF.

Those complaining about the fist pump - what would you prefer? Unless a character has a distinctive prop - like Thor - what do you do with their hands? On hips? Too corny. Punching someone? Who are they punching and why?

Oh.... now you went and said it.:lol You just insulted someones 1000.00 collectible.:panic: I don't really care as I don't own it.:monkey1

For me it's not the fist pump but the overall look and pose. It just looks nothing like any pose Reeves ever did as Superman.

I would also buy Reeve on the loo.

No, really I'm not that much of a fanboy that I would buy whatever SS put out but the pose would have to be pretty disgraceful for me not to get it. We still haven't really seen the whole fig.

That's true and that is why I have not been on an EX Worm Eyes type crusade on this piece ;) I really hope the full reveal shows something that seems to be missing for me.

In all actuality if I end up not liking it after the full reveal I will say my thoughts and then be on my way. I tend not to complain or worry about pieces I won't order. It's when I know I am getting a piece and it's so close to perfection and SSC does something to screw it up (for me anyways) that I really start to express myself :) (Worm eyes, Bat Emblem placement)

I hope the ex is a switchout normal looking arm :lol

Now that you mentioned Thor, i would loved to have seen this Reeve sculpt in a similar pose to that of the comic Thor PF!!! Change the rock base for a solitude of fortress style base and have him ready to take flight :yess:

Classic. Simple. Effective.

christopher_reeve_superman-8.jpg

Yep. While I agree with Darklord Dave that the hands on hips is cornball for alot of characters, that is really what the Christopher Reeve version brought to life. Thats the perfect pose for a CR Supes.

I hear 'Im a little teapot' every time I see this pose. Not just the fist pump, but that awkward raised leg/ off hand position as well.

Now that you mentioned Thor, i would loved to have seen this Reeve sculpt in a similar pose to that of the comic Thor PF!!! Change the rock base for a solitude of fortress style base and have him ready to take flight :yess:

Roberto, that my friend would be Legendary. That's a grail waiting to happen. But alas...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Maybe the fistpump arm links up with the Keaton fig and they can have a dancing display.

This pose is perfect !!! I love cr sups by why the pose hope they dont do this to keaton.. I dont buy stuff just to have it, i want something to resemble the icon

Just what if... They went completely outside the box and did a flying pose that was semi horizontal, but balanced on some kind of armature? Sort of like the Jaws maquette, but Reeve in an iconic flight pose.

If we can't have the hands on hips pose in the pics posted above, then I would rather have a flight pose than what they are showing. It needs to be something that evokes the iconic poses from the film.

Nah man, that would be ok for a 1/6 statue or something but not a PF.

I'm with you on that one Bruce. Hands on the hip would be classically, simply and effectively gay lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

no good talking about what you prefer...they wont change it...i certainly wont be buying it...and i love christopher reeve..i simply dont buy PF's from sideshow anymore, they pretty much all have washed out paint jobs or scale is wrong or poses are ridiculous...they do whatever they want, and put it down to doing something new and exciting with the pieces...do whatever you want sideshow...meanwhile i will be off pre ordering my next pop culture shock masters of the universe statue, with the money i saved on this superman.

Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back