Christian Bale vs. Robert Downey Jr.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's the better actor?

• Total voters
Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne are considered all-time great actors, and they were basically one-trick ponies. Ben Kingsley has way more acting range than they did (Ghandi, Sexy Beast, Schindler's List, Iron Man 3, freakin Bloodrayne), but he'll never be included in a list with them of all-time great actors. Peter Sellers has more range than probably any actor of all time, but he's not in those conversations either.

For me personally Bale, great actor. RDJ is a talented guy to though

This dude is my Movie hero though. I can't believe he's never won an Oscar :(

[ame]https://youtu.be/6hugJ3c2LlI[/ame]

Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne are considered all-time great actors, and they were basically one-trick ponies. Ben Kingsley has way more acting range than they did (Ghandi, Sexy Beast, Schindler's List, Iron Man 3, freakin Bloodrayne), but he'll never be included in a list with them of all-time great actors. Peter Sellers has more range than probably any actor of all time, but he's not in those conversations either.

I don't know about that, I think Peter Sellers is considered one of the all time great actors.

The difference is that Stewart and Wayne are icons for playing the same or similar characters all the time. Where as someone like Peter Sellers, and to a lesser degree, Ben Kingsley, transform and become the character without the need to chew up the scenery. It's sctick versus craft.
For Kingsley, just look at Ghandi and Sexy Beast, two more polar opposite characters could not be found. For Sellers, just look at Dr. Strangelove.

Back