Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. I thought if you got the right pose it looked like a statue... I thought the eyes looked good also...

Not the best pic but this was how I had him posed... Not very exciting :lol

P1230343_zpszsathjdo.jpg

Well you know how I feel about it so I am not going to go on about it.

2. Well if the Sonar eyes are not on you have that glass/plastic eye look.. Which IMO looks goofy. If I want the sonar head sculpt on then yes I want it to look that way 24 7. Otherwise I am switching heads all the time and clicking an on off switch. Just a waste of time IMO for what I see as a "novelty". Obviously we see it very differently. But If SSC was to switch it to light up I would not think the world was ending :) so I hope they switch it for you :)

Thanks man but I think there is practically no chance of that happening. Nevertheless, I see your point about constantly switching heads, its annoying. Guess I could use my QS001 if I want to display at times with the sonar look but I was plan on selling that if I got this PF, oh well.

3. PCS - American Werewolf in London. Green and Grey Hulk PF, Spider-man PF, Wolverine PF, Jason PF, possibly new Freddy PF when released, and Some JAWS related items,

Now that PF looks good, going by the art concept preview. Oh and your other items on the list are good to. :wink1:

Last edited:
Well you know how I feel about it so I am not going to go on about it.

Well there was something I did not like about it and sold it... I am guessing that a plastic look may have had an impact :)

I still thought it looked nice on display. Just something was off... In all honesty It's why I have not PO this one yet... I wonder if it was the HT version or the source the material it was based on.. I love the Dark Knight films but its not my Fav Batman costume... Biggest reason I want this is because of the Joker PF... Oh and it looks really nice :)

So there was a red sonja first PF ad somewhere that lead to SSCs site and the regular is still available and I was looking at the price $379. Then I looked at this price $479. Wow...the price has shot up so ridiculously fast...crazy. I know I've ordered pieces throughout the increases but it just hits you occasionally how fast it has happened. Makes it really hard for me to pull the trigger:lol I do really want this so I will use credit or RP to order at some point. Just getting harder and harder for me to order SSC stuff. I know XM and Prime 1 are more expensive but I definitely feel like they offer A LOT more for the money. Hopefully SSC gives us a few more fancy add-ons in the future cuz I really do enjoy their pieces despite the hurdles sometimes.

So there was a red sonja first PF ad somewhere that lead to SSCs site and the regular is still available and I was looking at the price $379. Then I looked at this price $479. Wow...the price has shot up so ridiculously fast...crazy. I know I've ordered pieces throughout the increases but it just hits you occasionally how fast it has happened. Makes it really hard for me to pull the trigger:lol I do really want this so I will use credit or RP to order at some point. Just getting harder and harder for me to order SSC stuff. I know XM and Prime 1 are more expensive but I definitely feel like they offer A LOT more for the money. Hopefully SSC gives us a few more fancy add-ons in the future cuz I really do enjoy their pieces despite the hurdles sometimes.

I agree. Makes me happy that barring a release I desperately want ( Brandon Lee Crow ) I've only got Joker and Loki left to PO and a few on eBay left to get to complete my collection. 27 PFs will be enough LOL.

I went flying right by 27 :lol

Space is an issue for me because I won't expand out past my basement and I won't ever do the "jam and cram" display style. I'm pretty much capped at 27 unless I want to end up cluttered.

Space is an issue for me because I won't expand out past my basement and I won't ever do the "jam and cram" display style. I'm pretty much capped at 27 unless I want to end up cluttered.

Yeah. Space is always an issue. I dealt with it by just deciding to put half of my collection in the office and renting a bigger space. At least you won't hear any complaints from the wife or gf that way.

Totally agree. Space is becoming a large issue for me as well. I think i have about 30 and it's getting slightly cramped. I've got a room dedicated to my collection but I also have my gaming systems and computer in that room as well. I also keep some pieces at work to make it less cramped. Unless I move to a new bigger home, I will get displaced eventually by one of my girls too so that will be interesting:lol

Yeah. Space is always an issue. I dealt with it by just deciding to put half of my collection in the office and renting a bigger space. At least you won't hear any complaints from the wife or gf that way.

I own my townhouse so I'm not going to sell it just for more collection space LOL.......I have more space on the top 2 floors, but I just wanna keep everything in the basement with the big screen TV. Don't want my whole house turning into a collection display like it almost did several years back.

I agree with a lot of sentiments about final product living up to protoype quality pics. I luckily live close enough to Sideshow that it cost's me usually less than $20 to send most any statue back to them that doesn't pan out. My policy is order if any interest, sort out if it's a keeper after you have it in hand. So many piece's i've been hesitant about in the past that i've had to buy post mark up. I will def. be grabbing the Joker when it's up as well...

I've been waiting for a Bale Batman and HL Joker forever. Do I really want these ? Absolutely! but $469.99 ? Ridiculous. With the exchange rate that's $622!!! Not sure that's even close to being worth it.

I've been waiting for a Bale Batman and HL Joker forever. Do I really want these ? Absolutely! but $469.99 ? Ridiculous. With the exchange rate that's $622!!! Not sure that's even close to being worth it.
But seems like our shi*** $CAD ain't gonna go back to his fair value anytime soon so... I ordered it...

Well there was something I did not like about it and sold it... I am guessing that a plastic look may have had an impact :)

I still thought it looked nice on display. Just something was off...

Like I said it lack's realism, the cowl sculpt with the plastic eyes and the costume with the rubber plastic suit, it's just so obvious that it is a doll or a toy.

In all honesty It's why I have not PO this one yet... I wonder if it was the HT version or the source the material it was based on.. I love the Dark Knight films but its not my Fav Batman costume... Biggest reason I want this is because of the Joker PF... Oh and it looks really nice :)

I am the other way around, the only reason I would pick up the Joker would be because of this PF as it completes the set.

But seems like our shi*** $CAD ain't gonna go back to his fair value anytime soon so... I ordered it...

Unless I pay the NRD now and hope for the best when it comes to our $$$. We won't see this thing for the next 5 years anyways LOL

Use points :dunno

That's all nice and dandy but it's still over $600 + shipping + duties in our dollar. I only have $100 in points right now.

Statue, model, figure.
The Hot Toys is great and I almost ordered it many moons ago but I decided that I would rather have a statue as it fits in better with my current collection.

So, last Thursday I ordered the exclusive. I am not saving any money not getting it versus the regular edition so why not. I did use reward points so I saved almost a hundred bucks.

In the years I have been collecting, it is getting harder to collect any collectible as (in my opinion) the prices are getting out of hand. Sooner or later, I believe that companies will price their collectibles so high that we the collectors will no longer be able to afford them. I see this happening already by reading here and other forums.

Pose-ability.
Yes, statues are usually in a static pose. Some statues are more dramatic than others. I personally prefer museum type poses as most action poses are displayable from very few angles. A few (like the statue in this thread) have multiple angles that allow one to view it from different viewing points. Figures like Hot Toys are great and offer may options, again they don't fit in with my collection.

Exclusive features.
A lot of statues, toys and figures have them. I honestly am very tired of exclusives. I got out of and sold almost everything because of this. I got tired of hunting for them and or paying a premium for them.

A nice (and simple) exclusive would have been a few cards from the Jokers deck scattered on the base. This would add more character to the overall piece. This would also help tie in the Joker statue when it is released.

The exclusive head that this statue includes should have light up eyes at the very least. Especially since we are not getting a fully sculpted head that in my opinion would have been a much better option.
That leads me to...

Light up features for figures, statues, models.
I build models for myself and others. Most of them are built with lights. It is a nice feature to have as it really sets the replica apart when they are turned on.

That is the catch, when they are on. 99.9% of the time the lights are off. The lights are only on when I show it to someone. Once that is done they are off again.

In the end I am not going to wait for the next best thing as then I may never have it. So, I collect what I can afford and more so what I like that is offered at the time.

Back