Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji38] Stop trying to start a riot.

I seriously wasn't trying to. But the amount of detail that this thing has makes me wonder. It looks exactly (even better IMO) than the HT one if you were to pose it like that.

I actually think is the best Batman statue I've ever seen from SSC tbh. But I really hope for it to feel like one though.

I seriously wasn't trying to. But the amount of detail that this thing has makes me wonder. It looks exactly (even better IMO) than the HT one if you were to pose it like that.

I actually think is the best Batman statue I've ever seen from SSC tbh. But I really hope for it to feel like one though.

I'm eager to get this and put it side by side with the Hot Toys. I don't plan on getting rid of the hot toys so would be great to compare...

As a proud and satisfied owner of the Man of Plastic PF (no, seriously, I love that PF), I wouldn't mind PVC Dark Knight at all.

GASP Heresy!!!

I know :)

Baleman about to drop some sik beatz

dk.jpg

I'm sure this PF will be a bit bigger than the HT. HT made him slightly underscale and SS seems to be making their stuff slightly overscale. Proportions are much better on the SS though. That's for sure.

Not to fan the flames but PVC and you can count me out. I REALLY want this but that's not a path I want to go down:lol

I don't think this will be PVC as everything looks sculpted, unlike the MOS PF, I don't think it is a statue wearing a suit as such, so there would be no need to use PVC. The straps connecting the shoulder pads to the arms look sculpted going by pics of the proto.

Last edited:
Its the angel of the photo.. look at how skewed the seam line where the glass meets on the display case.. the whole case looks like it falling... properly photographed not at an angel looking down...will greatly reduce the look of him about to fall over..

Its the angel of the photo.. look at how skewed the seam line where the glass meets on the display case.. the whole case looks like it falling... properly photographed not at an angel looking down...will greatly reduce the look of him about to fall over..
It's all the pics, even the original one in the shop. Just way too odd, he would never look like that. Knowing a little about physics and fight mechanics that pose is a joke, especially on what looks to be uneven ground.

It's all the pics, even the original one in the shop. Just way too odd, he would never look like that. Knowing a little about physics and fight mechanics that pose is a joke, especially on what looks to be uneven ground.

I mean, its fine that this is your opinion of course, but I hate "expert" arguments like that. He isn't standing like that for a photoshoot... he is mid fight. It makes sense that he might be in a position like that for a split second or so. A statue is like a picture, just a representation of a moment.
Also, I doubt that Sideshow sculptors wouldn't have the drop on anyone in this forum when it comes to human anatomy and physics of the human body. They have to study that stuff for their work.
Again, not trying to offend, I get that some people might find the pose weird and thats fine. I really love it tho.

I know all about this I'm a sculptor and worked for Disney on many projects...but we are all entitled to our take on things....I really like it,, you don't and that's cool..:)

I mean, its fine that this is your opinion of course, but I hate "expert" arguments like that. He isn't standing like that for a photoshoot... he is mid fight. It makes sense that he might be in a position like that for a split second or so. A statue is like a picture, just a representation of a moment.
Also, I doubt that Sideshow sculptors wouldn't have the drop on anyone in this forum when it comes to human anatomy and physics of the human body. They have to study that stuff for their work.
Again, not trying to offend, I get that some people might find the pose weird and thats fine. I really love it tho.

Your right when I went to Art College I studied many hours of anatomy and drawing, and figurative sculpture.. I'd lay odds the very talented SSC staff did too.. folks here love to say things like,, they don't know anything, or that art director is so so... opinions are like a** holes we all all have one and everyone is entitled to theirs..:) In the grand scheme of things these are just pop sculptures and for me they are just pure fun not the cure for cancer..:)

True, he may be mid fight caught in a split second action shot, but he is still going to fall or at least have to regain balance which means the current upper body position is pointless. He could never do anything from that stance. Never claim to be an expert, just said I know enough to see why it does not work. Not trying to offend either. I like the piece otherwise. Just disappointed.

Back