Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, all I can do is wait for Chris to grace us with updates for the Maximus project. I don't believe a thing he says, because there is no truth in his past statements. I already mailed the paperwork for a small claims case, so either way I am getting back what should be mine. I love how he says he has never posted a "false update" when I personally counted the seven times he gave false statements about updates in the Maximus thread. Then he begs us not to continue making negative comments about him even though he has done nothing to earn any trust back.

I for one will not be supporting any future projects from him, but I will keep my mouth shut from now on. I hope you all get what you paid for.

Wow, total subterfuge. Way to duck and run.
I'm really sorry Dan harassed him, no one should be treated in that manner, but nothing forgives the fact that he has ignored refund requests (my request was privately sent well before the :censored storm occurred, and had nothing to do with time of delivery (I understand it takes time) but my dislike of the finished sculpt, which meant time was no longer an issue at all, I wanted a refund. It also in NO WAY explains or forgives the solid FACT that ebay customers have recieved that House head and cane well before all but ONE person on SSF (that was involved in the commission) received one. Harassed or no, that is an extremely poor business practice and has absolutely nothing to do with the content of his reply. It has everything to do with the content of his character. I still believe he owes his commissioners a real apology, not excuses. This is just a fancier version of his last "leave me alone" reply with a few legal threats added.

Last edited:
What a load of ^^^^. Everytime Chris posts he just comes off like an even bigger d-bag. He has plenty of time to write threatening letters and no time ot post updates or anything actually getting done.

Your full of ^^^^ Chris, refund people, answer the people who gave money to you, until you do your a liar, a coward and a thief. Your disgracing sculptors and your father's name. No differant then Dan. Stop trying to play victim, your acting like an idiot and a child making excuses. Grow up and fulfill your commitments like a real man.

Last edited:
waiting was never an issue for me, still isnt. my concern is that my hs arent even close to being next on the list. like others here. with no project updates or emails I have no idea where the hs stand.

custom commissions may take a considerable time.

khantime.jpg

Here's a post from Howes over in the OSW back in dec. 08 that explains everything:
CHowes_Sculptor
Yep, I'm a sculptor. Join Date: May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactiboy
I have started one of these as well (for the Fonze in the open market) and I hope in my post it was clear that money never enters my hands... its all going directly to the artists.

I can certainly understand how people would be leary of commission threads, but all the ones I'm aware of are sanctioned by Chris. Although of course w/o necessary amount of interest they won't be made.

You know, I've only been involved in the custom world for a few months.... maybe 7 months? I have to go look..... and it's been a real eye opening experience. I've heard horror stories about the poor quality, bad business practices, lousy customer service and bad attitude of certain people who will remain nameless.

This has put a bit of a cloud over this wonderful hobby. When I started I had to convince folks I wasn't their adversary and that I would work until they were satisfied. I imagine all the other honest hardworking folk have had the same kind of experience. A few bad apples make everyone cynical and grumpy.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of coalition of honest operators who care about customer service and quality? They could help each other out and all together could help the folks create the projects they want at excellent prices and the smallest amount of hassle possible. And the customers would know that their investment was safe and well spent. Hmmmmmm......

Honestly I dont know how much money Chris has from me... And somehow I really do not bother. Do you know that feeling when you KNOW things will have a happy ending? Am I annoyed by the lack of updates and contact? Yes of course! But am I worried that I be screwed? I was thinking about that for a week or so and had my serious dubts. But no, I refuse to believe Chris will cheat on us. I do even think that I will continue doing business with him in future when everything cleared up.
Just my 2 cents. :)

My problem is the ebay thing. If hes sellin heads on ebay that ppl here comissioned and the ppl here havent gotten them yet thats just screwed. thats being honest with us and straight forward?

Further proof that beachcitycustoms aka captdan is diver4:

https://www.whois.net/whois/BeachCityCustoms.net

credit goes osw member Ronin Six for the link above

If you look at the link, you can see dan registered the url with his full name as well as his email addy which has diver4 in it.

Still, diver4 is now used as a scapegoat by Howes about the heads or refunds not being sent.

But, none of his updates contain, well... any updates.
Sporatic postings claiming that you will be posting an update is NOT an update.
Let me be clear. I have ripped off NO ONE.
Well, when folks ask for a refund, and get A) no response and B) no refund then you ARE ripping people off.

Due to the abusive environment created by some here on SSF I won't be participating directly, but rather will have other helpful members post updates for me. And yes, updates are coming. Shortly I will have updates on the last 2 Summer Glau heads, and Maximus armor, for example.
So, by not participating directly you can blame others for not updating YOUR work or lack thereof? Grow a set and come in on a regular basis and update your status. Even coming in and saying you had a rough week at your real job and things didn't get as far as you'd hoped would have eased things. As long as that isn't a weekly excuse most folks would be(or at least would have been) fine with it. be honest and you can't be faulted.

At this point words are cheap. Production is what will save you now. As I've said before you stand to lose almost double from me. I love to collect 1:6 heads. I was waiting on several of yours. At $35 instead of $20 per head you do the math.
Collector to collector, assuming you collect what you sculpt: Do the updates yourself. Get the LOOOONNNNGG overdue pieces updated and finished. Your silence, absence and refusal to answer several party's messages has already most likely cost you on the GB and ST fronts. That is no one's fault but yours. If you are truly going to make good on all that is due you need to do more than place blame on spammers, recasters and anyone else.
And selling commissioned work and shipping it to ebay customers ahead of the commssioning folks isn't helping you either. That there really is no justifiable excuse for.

It just smells like another delaying tactic, and transferring blame to someone else. Diver4 didn't keep him from giving refunds. Diver4 didn't keep him from reading email. Diver4 is not keeping him from casting and mailing the heads he has completed. He once again passed along a long letter that tells us absolutely nothing about our actual concerns. :(

For God's sake. I've had enough of this crap. Chris, I want my money back. You may eventually finish the Summer Glau commission, but at this point I'll have to see the Cameron head finished, then hope it's shipped and then find a painter since Kuato is out. Enough of this. ENOUGH!!!!!

Further proof that beachcitycustoms aka captdan is diver4:

https://www.whois.net/whois/BeachCityCustoms.net

credit goes osw member Ronin Six for the link above

If you look at the link, you can see dan registered the url with his full name as well as his email addy which has diver4 in it.

Still, diver4 is now used as a scapegoat by Howes about the heads or refunds not being sent.

I fail to see how this excuses Howes from his obligation? If captdan is diver4 and the recaster (ok we all know about diver4) AND Howes was aware of this, then don't sell to him, refund his $ and get on with servicing the rest of the folks that commissioned you.
First it was everyone here was rude, impatient and whatnot. Then, it was Russian spammers being added in. Now, its captdan's fault. C'mon, no blame in any of this lies with Howes? And moreso, he refuses to accept any?
Chris, be a man. Don't blame others. Don't ignore the other customers who asked for updates and/or refunds and don't go into hiding and wanting others to post for you. That is part of YOUR job when you took on the commissions.
If you truly want to make good on all of this YOU need to start the healing process. Not anyone else. And you need to accept blame where it lays if it comes to rest on you.

I just checked his House auctions on eBay he has 4 unpainted and 5 painted heads listed as available. Just a quick tally says that is 9 heads he could ship to people who paid for the heads 8 months ago but instead he chooses to come on here and blame diver4 (no I am not a fan of his) about all his problems and not to knock off almost half the people he owes House heads to with heads he claims to have available. I also asked him for a refund by asking a question on each of his auctions through eBay messages. And still no response. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back