Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone else report him to the IC3, FTC, BBB, etc.?
Complaining here isn't going to motivate him.

I'd be surprised if he retained a lawyer, since that would cost more than the refunds would cost.

Guess what guys...I received my Jack Torrance sculpt yesterday morning!

Nah, just kidding. Course I bloody didn't. :D

Guess what guys...I received my Jack Torrance sculpt yesterday morning!

Nah, just kidding. Course I bloody didn't. :D

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

I'm still waiting on 3 sculpts I paid towards.
Denzel Washington , Lost boys david and Jack Torrance.

I've just given up really. If they arrive. They arrive.
If they don't... they don't. :huh
I would be more into this whole thing if I had as much money put into Chris's work as some others have on here.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

I'm still waiting on 3 sculpts I paid towards.
Denzel Washington , Lost boys david and Jack Torrance.

I've just given up really. If they arrive. They arrive.
If they don't... they don't. :huh
I would be more into this whole thing if I had as much money put into Chris's work as some others have on here.

Completely agree. As it was just the one sculpt, just come to terms with it.

Bad for the people who really spent on this guy's 'work'.

I can see both sides of the issue. Some people would rather not spend months worried about a sculpt that cost $20 or so, and I can respect that. But I can't help but think that "just coming to terms with it" is exactly what Howes wants us to do.

I can see both sides of the issue. Some people would rather not spend months worried about a sculpt that cost $20 or so, and I can respect that. But I can't help but think that "just coming to terms with it" is exactly what Howes wants us to do.

Precisely.

If action is taken against him I'll throw my name in the pot... I'm only out $35 or so, but I don't intend to treat it as a write-off.

I'm very understanding about customizers work and that art takes time, so I do not make demands of them. But Chris' flippant attitude and inability to take responsibilty is very aggravating and honestly makes me more motivated to make sure I either get the head I paid for, or reimbursement for the money I spent.

If action is taken against him I'll throw my name in the pot...

Oh ! Guys , I will help if action is taken... but what does this even mean ?.
Sorry if I've missed something but as much as it sucks is their actually anything we can do to resolve anything ?.

Sorry if I've missed something but as much as it sucks is their actually anything we can do to resolve anything ?.

Well I dont know what the law is in the US but here in the UK we have something called The Sale of Goods Act. By law goods sold must be of described quality

`If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time"

. If said goods are not delivered action can be taken. However iam unsure of the laws in the US regarding matters like this

I don't know what US law stipulates, but I'm pretty sure that just because a concrete delivery date wasn't set, it doesn't mean that you can take someone's money and never deliver anything. This is really aggravating. Is Chris really so clueless as to not understand how we feel?

I'm very patient with customizers and painters and stuff. It's art therefor it takes a long time and I'm fine with that. But this isn't your average wait at all. Very frustrating.

I think some people were looking at filing some sort of legal action... I don't know fully what it would entail, but I would be willing to supply my information. I think OSW is more on the ball with this sort of thing, someone over there has already compiled a master list of commissions and those involved. I think that is where the $11,000 estimate came from.

beer fund?

have you listened to yourselves?

None of you are adding anything new. It gets really old sifting through the "chris sucks, he ripped us all off, lets sue him!" posts.

I get the point. We all do. But do we need to keep hearing the same stuff over and over? ughh..

beer fund?

have you listened to yourselves?

None of you are adding anything new. It gets really old sifting through the "chris sucks, he ripped us all off, lets sue him!" posts.

I get the point. We all do. But do we need to keep hearing the same stuff over and over? ughh..

So why do you come back to read it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back