Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Darklord Dave.

Ladies and gentlemen, despite what you may have heard, the situation is significantly different from what you have been lead to believe. This is about one man's unfortunate obsession and harassing behavior. I have been silent until now due to a wish to not egg him on further, as I fear he may escalate his harassment even to the point of becoming physical, and because of certain other legal considerations. However, a statement and an open cease and desist letter has been cleared by my legal team and has been posted on a page at my website : https://www.chowes.com/statement/statement.html

It is rather wordy, my apologies, but it was necessary to completely explain the situation and describe the legal ramifications and to protect me, my family, friends and acquaintances, and clients. You may find some of the details shocking, I know I do.

As far as those who are still making negative comments towards me, particularly those who have never even had any dealings with me, please be aware that I have been upfront from the beginning, even asking folks to post in giant red letters that custom commissions may take a considerable time. I have made it clear from the start that my "day job" can be very demanding at times. I also refuse to compromise the quality of my work and rush it out just because some folks (again, many of whom have no relationship with me whatsoever) think they know what it takes to get it done. I have made no "false updates". I have made my best guess based on the situation at any given time, but life is fluid and ever changing. The creative process can be tortuously difficult and outside interference such as Mr. Van slyke's undeserved and unwanted attentions has a negative effect, so the schedule changes. And yet i persevere in my determination to finish all projects.

Please review the open letter to Mr. Van Slyke and consider carefully before posting further negative and inflammatory comments.

Let me be clear. I have ripped off NO ONE. I will always deliver and I will take what time is necessary to do the job right. I will not produce rushed sub par product. Who would want it if it was? Nor can I spend all my time online in the forums. There was a point where it seemed I found myself spending more time posting than working. I am attempting to reverse that trend.

Due to the abusive environment created by some here on SSF I won't be participating directly, but rather will have other helpful members post updates for me. And yes, updates are coming. Shortly I will have updates on the last 2 Summer Glau heads, and Maximus armor, for example.

To those who have been stalwart friends and refused to believe the libelous statements made by Mr. Van Slyke and others I offer my deepest thanks and appreciation. I hope my work will bring you pleasure.

Best Regards,
Chris Howes

yeah me too. you missed your deadline for the house heads. you promised to send out the 1st batch but you only sent out one head to collector49 and then you sell one to mollins on ebay and send it out to him before anybody else.

Thank you Darklord Dave.

Ladies and gentlemen, despite what you may have heard, the situation is significantly different from what you have been lead to believe. This is about one man's unfortunate obsession and harassing behavior. I have been silent until now due to a wish to not egg him on further, as I fear he may escalate his harassment even to the point of becoming physical, and because of certain other legal considerations. However, a statement and an open cease and desist letter has been cleared by my legal team and has been posted on a page at my website : https://www.chowes.com/statement/statement.html

It is rather wordy, my apologies, but it was necessary to completely explain the situation and describe the legal ramifications and to protect me, my family, friends and acquaintances, and clients. You may find some of the details shocking, I know I do.

As far as those who are still making negative comments towards me, particularly those who have never even had any dealings with me, please be aware that I have been upfront from the beginning, even asking folks to post in giant red letters that custom commissions may take a considerable time. I have made it clear from the start that my "day job" can be very demanding at times. I also refuse to compromise the quality of my work and rush it out just because some folks (again, many of whom have no relationship with me whatsoever) think they know what it takes to get it done. I have made no "false updates". I have made my best guess based on the situation at any given time, but life is fluid and ever changing. The creative process can be tortuously difficult and outside interference such as Mr. Van slyke's undeserved and unwanted attentions has a negative effect, so the schedule changes. And yet i persevere in my determination to finish all projects.

Please review the open letter to Mr. Van Slyke and consider carefully before posting further negative and inflammatory comments.

Let me be clear. I have ripped off NO ONE. I will always deliver and I will take what time is necessary to do the job right. I will not produce rushed sub par product. Who would want it if it was? Nor can I spend all my time online in the forums. There was a point where it seemed I found myself spending more time posting than working. I am attempting to reverse that trend.

Due to the abusive environment created by some here on SSF I won't be participating directly, but rather will have other helpful members post updates for me. And yes, updates are coming. Shortly I will have updates on the last 2 Summer Glau heads, and Maximus armor, for example.

To those who have been stalwart friends and refused to believe the libelous statements made by Mr. Van Slyke and others I offer my deepest thanks and appreciation. I hope my work will bring you pleasure.

Best Regards,
Chris Howes

Wow! If what you said is true (which it seems likely now especially how Darklord Dave did research on the matter and how Captdan's osw screen name relates to what he does if he were a recaster) and you do refund and deliver to the people who ordered from you, I think people can start to forgive you; your announcement on the closed topic was a bit harsh to some since they took it the wrong way.

russians.jpg

But why didnt he explained how comes he's selling and sending stuff on ebay before sending them to those who already paid here..:duh

What does Diver4 have to do with people on eBay getting their heads before I get mine?

I don't know if you're even reading this, Chris, but do you realize that the only reason Captdan's charges had any traction was because you stopped communicating?

Oddly enough no answer to my refund email. He can post here and write letters to Diver4 but he can't give me a simple refund?

Yea that update was pretty useless since he didn't address all of the issues people have here. People requesting refunds and the ebay issue.

This situation is very simple. Captdan has nothing to do with Chris taking my money and never making the product.

Of course I want a refund. It's been 7 months, and the ones I paid for aren't even next on the list.

What reasonable person would think that they should trust and wait?

Now he won't reply to my mail, or send me the product, or give me a refund.

What am I supposed to think? I think I've been scammed out of $160 on the internet.

IMO....Even if he would ever come through with all the orders to all the people here, he would still be considered very unprofessional and a very poor buisness man.

I want a refund too. It's been 7 months, and he hasn't begun the ones I paid for. They're not even next on the list.

I sent him $160 last December. Now he won't reply to my mail, or send me the product, or give me a refund.

What am I supposed to think?
This situation is very simple. Captdan has nothing to do with Chris taking my money and never making the product.

Agreed, the Captdan situation is a little crazy and what he did was pretty damn stupid but it really has nothing to do with the situation on here.

I would have been satisfied with "House sculpts are done, but Summer Glau isn't and I will ship them together."

I would like to know why ebay buyers have received them and I haven't, and I would like to know if its the casting holding things up.
I would like to know what Chris considers a reasonable amount of time to deliver.
While I won't call him a thief, I don't like the idea of receiving my House after the series has concluded. At least with River Tam, I knew that series had been canceled prior to ordering.

Thank you Darklord Dave.

Ladies and gentlemen, despite what you may have heard,

Blah, blah, blah

Best Regards,
Chris Howes

Can I have my refund now? hmmmmmmmm I wonder if i'll be heard :rolleyes:

Oddly enough no answer to my refund email. He can post here and write letters to Diver4 but he can't give me a simple refund?

Yea that update was pretty useless since he didn't address all of the issues people have here. People requesting refunds and the ebay issue.

Of course I want a refund. It's been 7 months, and the ones I paid for aren't even next on the list.

Now he won't reply to my mail, or send me the product, or give me a refund.

What am I supposed to think? I think I've been scammed out of $160 on the internet.

hmmmmmmmmmm.......

His only out is that he explained before hand that custom work takes time, and conveniently left out how long. A legal loop hole perhaps, but he also stated he would hand out refunds if his work was not to peoples liking. He reneges on that promise. His reputation is in tatters and his way of dealing with the situation, conveniently diverting the conversation and not addressing the refunds or explaining the ebay sales, is ludicrous.

Hand out the refunds, lessening your work load, and get a true picture of what lies before you Chris. Probably save yourself some time, money and stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back