Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this in the "flesh" for the 1st time today and it looks great the facial sculpt is fantastic but the seem... that seem is terrible, I think SS really dropped the ball with that, such a shame as the rest of the statue looks great

I'm very surprised that, considering how picky we normally are, that the arm seam is getting a pass from so many. He does look nice but that seam stands out like dogs balls. I was looking at him at my brothers house and my wife asked what was wrong with his arm!

I agree with V8Falcon in that the fit might be tighter on some and not on others. For me it isn't that much of an issue. It's still a great statue.

Decision time. With free shipping right now, I have to decide to stay on EX waitlist that seems to stay open forever, that would get me a piece I'd likely never display with the alternate gun. Only thing I normally like EX for is the low ES. Anyone know what the shipping is on this? Any suggestions? :)

Thanks! Now the question is, do I get an acrylic case that'll fit these two, or just wait till I have the space to get some sort of display case (Besta or some such). I really am leaning towards the acrylic, since being able to see these three-dimensional pieces from all sides seems like part of the point, but...

Then when I inevitably get more (three LSB's are ordered already) I'll need to look at getting something for those, maybe.

Anyone know what the shipping is on this? Any suggestions? :)

Looking right now, looks like it's $23.70 to ship to Wisconsin. So a total of $408.69.

I skipped the EX not only because it's not guaranteed available, but also (and mainly) because the EX rifle doesn't really fit with either the Bespin-theme of the base or the ANH classic Han PF I have. Isn't this heavy rifle from the "prisoner Chewie" ANH scene with Luke and Han disguised as stormtroopers? If those PFs were available that would make this EX more desirable, in my eyes. But even then I don't think I'd buy those PFs.

Just got mine and was wondering, is SSC using a lighter version of the polystone for some of these pieces? He's easily one of the tallest PF's I have yet is lighter than my ROLTA Indy.

Just got mine and was wondering, is SSC using a lighter version of the polystone for some of these pieces? He's easily one of the tallest PF's I have yet is lighter than my ROLTA Indy.

The only statues SS has done in polystone are some of the 1:5 scale ones like the Mythos Line, I believe all the 1:4 scale PF's are just made from resin.

In another forum, folks are saying polystone is plastic. I think it is a composite material, but I doubt it's just plastic.

SS has watched for far too long as collectors have made money reselling their limited edition statues. When the price hike on their statues didn't capture all this money made, they are toying with open (aka very long TBD) and larger ES's.

From the company standpoint it makes sense; from the collector standpoint I don't really like it but it does make us be pickier with our purchases.

As long as I can resell something and at least get my money back, it doesn't bother me too much....just takes a little away from value of them as a collectible.

Back