Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the double rewards are tempting but I'm still not sold on him.

He definitely looks much better in person I must say. I wasn't sure about him either, but when I put him together I was impressed. The sculpt for the face and eyes is outstanding. If it wasn't for the arm seam I would have said this was a home run. It's much less distracting in person though.

This will likely be the definitive Chewie from Sideshow. A must for Star Wars OT collectors. And a great piece!

Got lucky enough to win a regular edition through a twitter contest run by ET Canada of all places, an this is a much more impressive piece in person. Sc did a great job capturing the eyes, they really give life to the piece, the arm seam is noticable, but it doesn't take much away from the rest of him. the light up base is great, the button is easy to access, and it runs off 3 aaa's which is a lot better than the buttons in other pieces. The only flaw on mine was the cover for the battery compartment was missing the screw, no biggy as you can't see it, and I'm sure i can find one around the house to fit it. I had to pass on him when he came out due to funds, but I'm glad to have him now, he looks great. Sorry for the sideways image, for some reason my ipad won't rotate stuff today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
My Chewbacca came in today aswell! #179. He is one great PF. The paint app is very well done and the face sculpt is to great to describe IMO. i would give this the highest rating but again the seam. My arm is loose which creates an even bigger seam crater than normal. Not enough to return it. im very happy with the wookie!

I agree. the headsculpt is a little off but everything else looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what HT does in 1/4 scale.

is the new chewbacca part of the same line? i was hoping they would be making a new han solo, since this one is pretty dated on quality, the chewbacca looks like one of their new expensive figures while the han solo looks like one of the older, not quite as good ones

Picked one up with reward points. My second star wars pf (first was c3p0 and r2d2).
Love it.

Congrats Snad! :hi5:

This is one of those statues that looks SO much better in person. I was initially scared off by the arm seam, but then caved and decided to pick it up anyway. I'm so glad that I did. I absolutely love the face sculpt in particular.

Headsculpt looks pretty accurate to me tbh, the SS one is idealized.
It's the complete opposite for me.

I think the HT version only slightly resembles Chewy. He looks much more like some generic Sasquatch figure. Sideshow's, however, is instantly recognizable as Chewy. I'm surprised they did such a good job with it.

I'd really like to pick this up, hopefully there will be some deals during Sideshow's Christmas event.

Is the base evenly lighted? there seems to be no light around the foot peg area.

BTW which blaster looks better for display?

are u satisfied with this? i dont know if i should buy one .. its really cheap on secondary market actually

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back