Character Doctor Who 5" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving this thread a much needed and deserved BUMP! I just got my Flight Control TARDIS today and let me just say that this should be a front runner for toy of the year. It looks to be in near perfect scale. It's got lights and sounds, even the PHONE comes out like in Empty Child/Doctor Dances. It is ridiculously fun and just makes me want to get the TARDIS interior playset all the more (and rework it with wires and more of the wall etc). Oh, did I mention I have this at school? Yup, don't care one bit. Sitting on my desk right now is the TARDIS, the Doctor, Martha, 2 Krillitanes, the Cult of Skaro with the Genisis Ark and Damaged Thay. Man.. I love CO/UT. The articulation may be a tad on the sparing side (no ball joints) but what is there works fantastic and the sculpts are just tops! Paint usually is too, but theres the odd ball now and then. Brannigan Im looking at you.. So yea, I could spend every cent I have on Doctor Who stuff and be perfectly happy. Only thing that will kill me is hunting down the variants. Can't wait to get my rumored Sarah Jane and Professor Yana/Master two pack.

Comming right up Pix! It's just what I have here.. at home I have the Face of Boe, my SDCC exclusives, the Regeneration Set, K9 and New Earth Rose. *sigh* Addiction..

Those Daleks look so much sweeter!

Man I wish they had a 1:6 scale TARDIS. I would snatch that up without a second thought. That looks so awesome. :rock

Can you get a pic of the Tardis with the doors closed? Does that light shine through the windows?

Man these kick my Dapol Who figs' buttocks!

Not sure if its lit in this picture (may very well not be) but the windows on ALL sides light up, as does the sign that says Police Public Call Box and when you lift it up or set it down the lantern on top pulsates. It is just so.. so perfect.

I would like to thank www.whona.com for helping me in my addiction, and Jabbatheridge and bcm77 for helping me scope out the harder to get stuff. :rock

Oh don't doubt there will be more. I'd love to stock up on Mutant Reveal Daleks and Cybermen and recreate the Battle of Canary Warf. My only complaint are all the minor changes to make "unique" exclusive figures. Like the Doomsday set with the Doctor and his 3D glasses, or the AoG set with Mickey and void jumper necklace, no longer exclusive Battle Damaged Cyberman and Dalek. Add to that the Grey Auton, which I heard is getting a single release, the closed mouth Krillitines (I hate trying to spell that). That list goes on and on. Right now im stalking a Cassandra and Chip set on eBay while Jabbatheridge and bcm77 are searching over in the UK for the Rose/Chip set. Anything to save me from buying the 10 packs simply because for the figures I do want from the multipacks some do not come with their accessories.

When I saw the interior TARDIS at SDCC I almost succumbed to this line. It's the best playset ever made I think.

Totally agree Dave, I was nearly sending a set home via the FexEx/Kinkos they had there. However I have seen someone add the wires to the central column, real mesh floors and more wall sections. It looked absolutely ace.

Some recent pics of my collection,

9thdoctor.jpg

series1a.jpg

series1b.jpg

series2tardis.jpg

series2a.jpg

series2b.jpg

cybers.jpg

series2c.jpg

clockworkmen.jpg

ood.jpg

And more!

tardis.jpg

whoseries3a.jpg

whoseries3b.jpg

bigoldface.jpg

cybermen.jpg

I also have the 2 SDCC Exclusives (thanks Memnoch21) and the 12" Doctor in Spacesuit which Hurricane will be modifying for me so that the torch and helmet will have working lights.
The Army Of Ghosts set is a Woolworths Exclusive and there's currently an offer where you can get it for half price (£10) if you spend £10 or more on any other Doctor Who item in store. Another awesome set due out soon is the Sanctuary Base set which contains,

1 lift car
1 Doctor in Spacesuit
1 Evil Toby
2 Ood

If I'd already bought the previous Satan Pit set I'd be a bit annoyed about this being released so soon after but it'll save me buying the single release of Evil Toby,and a couple more Ood figures are more than welcome in my collection. There's also a Master 2-pack on the way which will include both Derek Jacobi & John Simm incarnations of the Doctor's nemesis,most likely wearing the same attire,then a suit wearing Harold Saxon/The Master will get a single release in a later wave,hopefully with a laser screwdriver and Toclafane.

Memnoch21,
I tried sending a reply to the last PM you sent me and it said your box was full, I thought I'd mention it here in case you weren't already aware of this.

Last edited:
Love the pictures and will be dropping you a PM about that AoG set. I say if anyone is a fan of Who and not into this line you don't know what your missing. Simply fantastic stuff, except hunting down things like Rose and Chip/Cassandra and Chip.

In the UK Doctor Who figures are far more prevelant, they're available almost everywhere compared to DC comics figures etc.

But I've only ever seen Cassandra And Chip once and I think I only saw Rose and Chip in person twice the week it first came out.

From the new series Dalek Thay is a serious pegwarmer you won't have any trouble getting that, the Judoon Trooper is the one I've found hardest to come by. Evil Toby looks like a great figure as well, from my fave episode, The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit can't wait to get it:D

Did you get that PM I sent about the UK website Menmoch?

Indeed I did, and I have bookmarked it just in case. Im currently bidding on a Cassandra/Chip set on eBay, here's hoping I win it.

Indeed I did, and I have bookmarked it just in case. Im currently bidding on a Cassandra/Chip set on eBay, here's hoping I win it.

Good luck!
I think that's one of the few figures I never saw or if I did it was only once and I didn't get it as I was initially only going to get 1 Doctor,1 Rose,a Dalek & a Cyberman. As my pics show that plan went completely out of the window and I've been so impressed with the quality of the line I'm in for the duration. I'm not bothered about every single variant such as those that have showed up in the recent multipacks but I'll try and get 1 of each character and will be getting a 2nd Flight Control Tardis to display with the Classic figures when they come out (roll on 2008!)

Last edited:
Back