Chances of a Peggy Carter figure by Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodl73

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think the likelihood is of a 1/6 scale figure being produced by Hot Toys? With Marvel's Agent Carter premiering next Tuesday it good be a possibility. I know it's a TV show and HT doesn't do TV shows. But she was in Captain America TFA. Depending on ho the TV show does as far as ratings, HT could go back and make her from the film. We know how HT likes to go back and do characters from older films. It's like Coulson is in Agents of SHIELD, but they were able to produce him because he was in the Marvel films. With the recent emerging popularity of Captain America as a film character, and Peggy a Captain America character, wouldn't surprise me. Also look at the 1966 Batman and Robin, a TV show but they did have the one film.

The problem with Hot Toys making characters based on American tv shows is that their primary concern is always going to be pleasing their Asian customers first, and I just can't see there being a big demand in that market for a Peggy Carter figure. That's why you don't see them making Walking Dead or Game of Thrones figures even though it seems like a no brainer to us westerners.

Not happening. Even if the show was a mega hit, female action figures just don't sell well. There's no Pepper Potts or Maria Hill and they've both been in multiple movies.

I don't even know if they will make a Captain Marvel figure and she's getting her own movie.

.........12%

Untitled.jpg

I generally say the chances of anything happening are 50/50. As in they either will, or they won't. Lol otherwise it's a complete guess and carries no weight. Never understood the whole chances argument(percentage specifically)

A thread with only a bunch of percentage numbers seems kinda silly to me. Though for those that get bored by posts longer then a one liner wouldn't have a reason to whine anymore.

I guess I am asking if what you really want is a bunch of numbers? Or a discussion about intrest in a Peggy carter figure.

Edit-sorry, that came out a lot more snide then I intended. I was mostly poking fun. I apologize. I irritate people enough as it is.

Peggy Carter >>>>>> Pepper Potts and Maria Hill combined.

I'm hoping now that Peggy is getting her own series and if it's successful, they'll make her. She and Sif are the two MCU females I want most that haven't been made.

Peggy Carter >>>>>> Pepper Potts and Maria Hill combined.

I'm hoping now that Peggy is getting her own series and if it's successful, they'll make her. She and Sif are the two MCU females I want most that haven't been made.

OK! I sorta agree but Maria Hill is pretty badass as well...... for me its Peggy>Hill>Sif>Pepper.....

Lets hope Sif plays an important role in the next Thor movie, important enough to warrant a figure or we'll never get one :ohbfrank: Stupid Hot Toys :cuss

They have not done any from AOS so I wouldn't expect a non costumed female character from a new show. I still have hope we eventually get Daredevil and whatever other costumed heroes though from the other shows though.

Sometimes, it seems like HT is squeamish about doing female figures. We haven't seen a standalone female truetype figure release for years, there's never been a female DX figure, the Hot Angels line ended after one figure, and long requested characters like Maria Hill and Pepper Potts have constantly been ignored or sidelined.

Maybe it has to do with likeness, license, preference, sales... Could be anything.

So I'd say odds are pretty low, and I too would like to see a Maria Hill or Pepper first.

Sometimes, it seems like HT is squeamish about doing female figures. We haven't seen a standalone female truetype figure release for years, there's never been a female DX figure, the Hot Angels line ended after one figure, and long requested characters like Maria Hill and Pepper Potts have constantly been ignored or sidelined.

Maybe it has to do with likeness, license, preference, sales... Could be anything.

So I'd say odds are pretty low, and I too would like to see a Maria Hill or Pepper first.

Maleficient, Angelica, 4 Black Widows. They'll do them if they can. :dunno

Maleficient, Angelica, 4 Black Widows. They'll do them if they can. :dunno

The Black Widows were a given because of her prominence. And someone at HT likes Disney enough to take risks on figures that aren't a sure thing. But there are far more omissions than released figures. I mean Pepper was the fan voted figure a few years ago and she still isn't out, though Goop (Paltrow) might be to blame for that.

Back