Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ihad picked up some extra bandoliers and extra cloaks from TA months ago that I had planned on using for other customs. So instead of spending $150 for a third Tusken, I just bought an extra head.

So you're the #@&$# who cleaned them outta raider parts! :lol

I started working on one of my Tusken Raiders. I re-wrapped the feet, I didnt like how bulky Sideshow's looked. I also weathered the outer cloak a bit and gave it a water treatment, as you can see its still wet. Its so much easier working with clothing when it is damp. I will probably weather the cloak some more and give it a few more water treatments.

I also did some waist ammo pouches. Im not sure I like them, just trying to see what they look like.

DSC08629800x570_zps259f3f73.jpg

DSC08630800x599_zpsb28c89d9.jpg

As I mentioned earlier I have always wanted three Tusken Raiders. The reason I have wanted three is because of this picture....

tumblr_mk2bvaZ7gp1qc6ws0o1_1280.jpg

Its from the Star Wars storybook. I couldnt stop looking at this picture when I was a kid, great memories. :)

Update..I dont like the waist ammo pouches. That didnt take too long to decide. :)

I think I am going to do a sash or something instead.

Love em Chaka! Need to make one of them a fat head though! Maybe compliment him on his unique fashion sense...

N

Love em Chaka! Need to make one of them a fat head though! Maybe compliment him on his unique fashion sense...

N

I know. :) I need to figure out what to do with the heads to make them look different.

I did some work on my Tuskens. All of the feet and arms have been re-wrapped. I gave all the cloaks a water treatment and a small amount of weathering. I think I may do a wash on the outer robes to make them darker. I also am going to weather the robes with pastels. Anyways, coming along.

DSC08634800x625_zps9e5dbeba.jpg

DSC08633800x450_zps6f1538aa.jpg

DSC08632800x480_zps244c2479.jpg

DSC08631800x671_zpsd6c32887.jpg

Love the Tusken raiders :D

Chris just been going back through and WOW mate. Awesome customs throughout.

Cheers mate!! Thanks. :)

Awesome work Chris!

It's high time you revisit those pilots again.

Eric

Thanks man. I know. I have a lot of my pilot gear done and ready to be assembled. I also have three of the helmets done. I need to buy a few more bodies and get to work on them. I just need to find the time.

i don't think the ammo waist packs look bad at all...............definitely gives a different look as well. but whatever you go with sash or something else will look awesome............as always...........:lecture

Has anyone discussed a simple/clean way to lengthen the arms without swapping out the entire body? If it's been mentioned, I missed it and would really appreciate a link back to any relevant posts.

I just got through opening some 30 Hasbro 1/6 figures I had in storage and it's one of the big pet peeves I have with the line, super stubby arms. The gallery images of the TR at Sideshow clearly show his arms are also way too short. :gah: Lift your arms above your head and your hands/fists should be an entire head length above the top of your head. Elbows should be around the top of the head, not fists.

Sidenote, Hasbro would likely make an amazing Cee Lo Green figure, but typical humans have somewhat longer arms. ;)

I guess you could cut the arms and use epoxy clay. I know Kash used actual resin for modding his, but epoxy clay would be faster and easy to use. Then you just need to sand down after it hardens.

I would use propoxy putty. It sets up in twenty minutes and is steel infused so it will not ever break. to get the length right, use a dowel or armature wire as a core. I just did this to my Ishi Tib and it really helped with the proportions!

Nathan

I'll see if I can snag a set of spare arms somewhere, to make sure I have an extra un-modified set to put away. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look for those materials as well.

I havent had much time for customs latelty, but I did manage to find some time to do an easy mod I have wanted to do for quite some time.

I havent messed with my ANH Kenobi in years, I was pretty happy with it. Having seen all the mods other members were doing to theirs, it made mine look not so hot. So, I swapped Obi-Wan to a narrow TT and bulked him up in the mid-section a bit. I water treated all the cloaks, but will probably do another treatment or two. I am also going to swap out the hands I think.

DSC08639800x663_zps165b54d6.jpg

DSC08635800x488_zpsea1573e1.jpg

Its funny how just a couple minor tweaks can make what was already a great figure really pop.

Man....that's sweet looking, Chris. Loving the weathering on the robe, and his frame looks perfect. Looks like 1:1 figure.

Also, that Lando is looking pretty epic.

Back