Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have a 4ft long shelf I am going to use. I will probably do the floor and walls only. Maybe a booth and a stage area for the band. Due to space constraints, it wont be screen accuarate Im afraid. I just want a nice background setting for all my guys.

Right on, Chris. I know what you mean. I'm not good enough to do total movie accurate, yet. But a nice background does make a big difference in displaying your stuff.

I love all the cantina customs and dio's everyone is doing. INSANE.

I just recently became a collector....and, well...it's bitten me pretty hard. So if I do take it to the next level, I'm going to have to empty out the shaping room under the house and display all my stuff there.

The work you guys are doing is so damn inspiring and it just brings me back to being 7-8-9yr old kid. My wife happens to love the creativity coming out since I discovered you guys, so she bought me a complete Dremel set for my b-day. I mean EVERYTHING you can get for a dremel. The Drill set up, the hand held engraver, the vice....so it's time to get to work.

Will

Hi Chris.

This is the cantina I was given by fellow member Bidufarewell.

a9ada7ug.jpg

As I said its bloody huge and heavy.

Right on, Chris. I know what you mean. I'm not good enough to do total movie accurate, yet. But a nice background does make a big difference in displaying your stuff.

I love all the cantina customs and dio's everyone is doing. INSANE.

I just recently became a collector....and, well...it's bitten me pretty hard. So if I do take it to the next level, I'm going to have to empty out the shaping room under the house and display all my stuff there.

The work you guys are doing is so damn inspiring and it just brings me back to being 7-8-9yr old kid. My wife happens to love the creativity coming out since I discovered you guys, so she bought me a complete Dremel set for my b-day. I mean EVERYTHING you can get for a dremel. The Drill set up, the hand held engraver, the vice....so it's time to get to work.

Will

You are a lucky man Will. My wife is also pretty understanding about my hobby. She let me have our basement to display my stuff. My 2 yr old loves Star Wars now, we watch it all the time and he is always pointing to the characters on my shelves when he sees them in the movie. It hilarious. As you said, this stuff is like almost being a kid again. :)

The Dremel is the best tool set you can own for this kind of stuff. Makes so many things so much easier.

You are off to a great start, your builds so far are epic! Keep em coming!!

Hi Chris.

This is the cantina I was given by fellow member Bidufarewell.

a9ada7ug.jpg

As I said its bloody huge and heavy.

Hey J, yeah that thing is huge. Its AWESOME though!! If you don't want it anymore let me know. :D It looks great.

I have the measurements Duane gave me and I also have Mark's tutorial saved. I have the pattern done in foam right now just to see what kind of space I am going to need. Im not sure I am going to use wood. I will probably one have room for maybe one booth, still trying to decide what I am going to do.

I don't have time right now to build anything, but at least I can plan. :)

You are a lucky man Will. My wife is also pretty understanding about my hobby. She let me have our basement to display my stuff. My 2 yr old loves Star Wars now, we watch it all the time and he is always pointing to the characters on my shelves when he sees them in the movie. It hilarious. As you said, this stuff is like almost being a kid again. :)

The Dremel is the best tool set you can own for this kind of stuff. Makes so many things so much easier.

Hey J, yeah that thing is huge. Its AWESOME though!! If you don't want it anymore let me know. :D It looks great.

Ha... I don't know how much the shipping would be but I don't think it's a goer unfortunately....I was just lucky that Bid wanted rid of it and I was in the right place at the right time.

snip..

I have the measurements Duane gave me and I also have Mark's tutorial saved. I have the pattern done in foam right now just to see what kind of space I am going to need. Im not sure I am going to use wood. I will probably one have room for maybe one booth, still trying to decide what I am going to do.

I don't have time right now to build anything, but at least I can plan. :)

We're both lucky. I have a buddy who works at Pixar, his wife won't even let him own a collectable, let alone a dio. My wife will let me display, as long at they are art creations. I might have to put the tatooine building scene away when I'm done, after a while.

I'm really looking forward to using my dremel on my next build....after I finish this one. Looking forward to seeing how you display and your media choice.

Cheers Will, hope to get back to working on some customs very soon. :)

In the meantime, I have been gathering some bits for future customs. I got some new bandoliers today that I am going to use on one of my Tusken Raiders....

DSC08439900x510_zps92250c57.jpg

I had seen this style in a few reference pictures. It will help each of them look a bit different I hope. I am looking forward to painting and weathering them up a bit.

I also have some headsculpts coming. I wanted to update my Imperial and Rebel Officers.

Not much time for customs, but I got one of the headsculpts I was expecting in the post today. I went ahead and popped him on the body I had ready for him.

Here we go. The officer from the Death Star in ANH.

DSC084561000x728_zps6f8628a8.jpg

DSC08453900x629_zps36b00219.jpg

DSC08455700x543_zps70a5fc23.jpg

Gonna futz the uniform a bit, but I dig how he looks. I have a couple more headsculpts coming, I will probably do a Rebel officer with one of them.

I also painted up my new bandoliers to give them more of a SW, Tusken feel.

DSC08457900x605_zps3496c84f.jpg

Nice work as always Chaka. Is that guy the one in the boardroom from ANH?

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

The Imperial Officer looks great! One of the finest kitbashes I've seen.

Thanks Duane. Thanks for the heads up on the sculpt. :duff

Nice work as always Chaka. Is that guy the one in the boardroom from ANH?

Thanks. Yeah. He is Colonel Wulff Yularen I suppose. :) I did a custom of this character a few years ago wearing an officer hat. This time I am going to go with this look as seen at the boardroom you mentioned from ANH.

Wow! I didn't realize you could paint leather bandoliers. I love it. Looks great.

Also, I envy you on having a couple Tuskins. I got one for Christmas, and imagined having two, one a little different from the other, but I don't have the space for where I keep him. Awesome.

For mine, I'm just going to create a good backdrop and try to be happy with one Tusken.

Keep it going Chris!!!

Thanks. Yeah. He is Colonel Wulff Yularen I suppose. :) I did a custom of this character a few years ago wearing an officer hat. This time I am going to go with this look as seen at the boardroom you mentioned from ANH.

Very cool. Are you going to work a moustache onto him? If anyone can do it. . .:)
Now all you need is a sculpt of Motti getting choked out and you could create a corner of the Death Star board room :cool:

Duane, where have you been? Nice to see you on the forums sir. I am starting to get my SW room together - looking forward to posting some pics of your fantastic contributions to my shelves;)

tusker looks great chris but the imp officer is freakin cool. that head sculpt is off the charts. good eye duane. look forward to the finished product.

Wow! I didn't realize you could paint leather bandoliers. I love it. Looks great.

Also, I envy you on having a couple Tuskins. I got one for Christmas, and imagined having two, one a little different from the other, but I don't have the space for where I keep him. Awesome.

For mine, I'm just going to create a good backdrop and try to be happy with one Tusken.

Keep it going Chris!!!

Thanks Will. :) I just drybrushed a few different colors over them to give them a weathered look. I am going to touch them up a bit before I am done with them.

I want to have three Tuskens eventually and do a scene with them attacking some Sandtroopers.

Im sure the background you do will be epic.

Very cool. Are you going to work a moustache onto him? If anyone can do it. . .:)
Now all you need is a sculpt of Motti getting choked out and you could create a corner of the Death Star board room :cool:

Duane, where have you been? Nice to see you on the forums sir. I am starting to get my SW room together - looking forward to posting some pics of your fantastic contributions to my shelves;)

I was thinking about doing a moustache, but I really like the looks of this sculpt. I did a moustache on v.1 of this guy, but I think I may just leave this one be. Like I said, he is "supposed" to be Col. Yularen. :D

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing some more pics of your SW room.

tusker looks great chris but the imp officer is freakin cool. that head sculpt is off the charts. good eye duane. look forward to the finished product.

Thanks man. I really like this sculpt. :)

I was out of town for business all week, but had some stuff arrive while I was away.

First off was the George Patton headsculpt. When I first saw this sculpt, I always thought he would make a cool Imperial Officer...

DSC08529643x700_zps2cd4d2be.jpg

With my other custom Imperial...

DSC08532900x583_zps4a55bd6a.jpg

I had been on the fence about this for a while, but decided why not. I caved and got the E-Web cannon. Seeing all the great pics of everyone else's made it hard to resist. :) I dont have it setup exactly how I want it yet, but you can get the idea...

DSC08536900x618_zps22b32ca3.jpg

DSC08535900x726_zps0b930b2d.jpg

My two Tusken Raiders on display, just because they are cool! :D

DSC08537900x653_zps52a11444.jpg

One more thing.... GO WICHITA STATE!!!!!!!

Looking good Chaka. Is that e-web way cooler than you expected or what?

Looking good Chaka. Is that e-web way cooler than you expected or what?

Cheers man!! You know, I thought I would be underwhelmed by the
E-Web but it is pretty damn nice. It really is a nice piece, very happy I picked it up. Your pics were among the ones that made me go for it. :)

Here is another officer. I really like this headsculpt. I am calling him "Admiral Otto". :)

DSC08547900x587_zpsa3764681.jpg

DSC08545600x500_zps18ddad21.jpg

Nice

Looks good in be pics like the scuplt has good paint apps?

That's really the thing now isn't it ? I look at my customs and anything I e painted is so poor compared to the sculpts available now !!

Chaka, love the head sculpts you are digging up recently.

Is the Colonel Wulff Yularen headsculp the Michael Caine one ?, been looking for it and he's the only one that looks close

Also think you're Tusken Pouch repaint is spot on, may have to repaint mine now.

Last edited:
Back