Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wanting to do the "vintage style" Death Squad Commander some of you have done in the past. Its such an iconic look I think. Duane was kind enough to send me a b-day package that included a grey officer suit. :yess: Thanks again my friend!! :hi5:

Anyways, here he is. Loads to do, I just quickly threw him together. :)

DSC08664900x646_zps50960d47.jpg

Nice, love it. I wish I could track down an old man sculpt that was close to the pic on the original kenner card for mine.

I guess the empire didn't have too good of a retirement plan.......
GG_KennerDeathSquadCommander12InchFigure_01.jpg

Edit:.....I just noticed that the pic shows him wearing headphones with a mic............:slap

Nice, love it. I wish I could track down an old man sculpt that was close to the pic on the original kenner card for mine.

I guess the empire didn't have too good of a retirement plan.......
GG_KennerDeathSquadCommander12InchFigure_01.jpg

Edit:.....I just noticed that the pic shows him wearing headphones with a mic............:slap

:rotfl:lol I was gonna say dude, better get some glasses.

I do plan on sculpting some headphones and doing a mic and the wire thingy.

Happy birthday, Chris! :rock

What happened to the Lovie FB posts? I was a big fan. :(

Thanks Rich! Cheers man!! :)

The wife booted Lovie out of our basement. I have no idea of his whereabouts. :dunno

It was fun while it lasted. :)

I was kinda thinking George Patton would make a great AT-AT Commander.....

DSC08669800x501_zps084588e6.jpg

There are some great headsculpts out there from various companies, I really want some nice ones for my officers. The old Sideshow and Dragon sculpts just dont cut it anymore.

Loving all the officers Chris...bout time the Imperials got the Chaka treatment.

Kudos to Duane on the Grey Uniform...wish I had friends that understood my dollie hobby!

P.S. Happy belated Birthday.

I was kinda thinking George Patton would make a great AT-AT Commander.....

DSC08669800x501_zps084588e6.jpg

There are some great headsculpts out there from various companies, I really want some nice ones for my officers. The old Sideshow and Dragon sculpts just dont cut it anymore.

The thinner face suits the helmet a lot better, nic work :hi5:

that patton sculpt looks really good for that bash. i agree with shock, the thinner face adds to the realism. take away the background and it looks like actors standing around.....:yess:

"take away the background and it looks like actors standing around...."

Maybe, but I'd have to see it first to make that judgement!:wink1:

Loving all the officers Chris...bout time the Imperials got the Chaka treatment.

Kudos to Duane on the Grey Uniform...wish I had friends that understood my dollie hobby!

P.S. Happy belated Birthday.

Cheers J, thanks!! :) Yeah, Duane is good people.

The thinner face suits the helmet a lot better, nic work :hi5:

that patton sculpt looks really good for that bash. i agree with shock, the thinner face adds to the realism. take away the background and it looks like actors standing around.....:yess:

Thanks Shock, Barry. I agree with you. AT-AT Commanders always reminded me of WW2 Field Generals. Maybe thats why this sculpt works so well.

"take away the background and it looks like actors standing around...."

Maybe, but I'd have to see it first to make that judgement!:wink1:

Thats pretty well done Weezer, thanks. :hi5:

:clap Love the Patton head, Chris! Looks fantastic!

And I feel you on the hands thing... I've been buying quite a few to replace some of the gross looking SS ones.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I may be picking up a couple this weekend. I just need to figure out what ones I want to go with.

Got some stuff done today on my Death Squad Commander. Attached the chin strap to the helmet. The chin strap is a spare one I had from a Sideshow Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet. I applied the rank badge. I added the microphone cord, but still need to add the mic itself to the other side. I also added studs to the gloves to make it more "vintage". :)

I gave the outfit a water treatment as well. Im not sure if I am going to add the headset. I played around with it this morning and not sure I liked how it looked. I may also add a holster even though the vintage figure didnt have one, still deciding on it. Anyways, he is coming along....

DSC08691800x632_zps23ecc49a.jpg

DSC08689800x553_zpsc74891bb.jpg

Here he is on my display shelf....

DSC08677900x745_zps28e95fe4.jpg

Looks great Chaka-Another well executed kit bash! The extra subtle details are great accents...I never even thought of possible adding the studs to the gloves.Very nice little flair in the name of Kenner homage.

Sithlord, thanks mate! :)

Duane, thanks again for the grey suit. A couple more touchups and he will be done. I need to work on getting the helmet to sit a bit more correctly on his head. The chinstrap is throwing it off a bit. :gah:

Chaka, have you ever made a Cathode Saber ?

I havent. I have owned a few in the past, they are nice.

Those Imperials look so realistic. You are so right, The new heads are great.

..places order for Patton / Scott head and Michael Caine ;)

Thanks man. :) I look forward to seeing your versions. Im sure they will blow mine out of the water.

Those guys look awesome. Congrats

Thanks mate. :hi5:

I really want to get a few more nice headsculpts and I will be able to finish them up. I was looking at the headplay Clive Owen. I think he would look good with a helmet or Officers cap on.

Back